Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Chase Marriott Premier PLUS - post your upgrade offers

Old May 3, 2018, 11:43 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: eknock007
Link for upgrade offers: https://www.chase.com/chasegreatrewards/catchall

Offers reported as of 5/3:
Points are to be received after one purchase. Offer is good to yearend

Offers as of 10/9:
Chase is starting to increase offer to 50k, up from 20k and 10k. Check your in-boxes.
Print Wikipost

Chase Marriott Premier PLUS - post your upgrade offers

Old Feb 19, 2019, 8:04 pm

Got an email today for upgrade to Marriott Rewards Premier Plus with a statement credit after $3000 spend. Problem is no mention of how much the statement credit is for spending by Mar 31 and the chase offer link says I’m not eligible .

Last edited by myperks; Feb 19, 2019 at 8:30 pm Reason: Statement credit amount missing
Old Feb 19, 2019, 8:06 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by myperks
....after $3000 spend.... no mention of how much the spend is ....
I am confused. It seems you need to spend $3,000. What is missing?
Old Feb 19, 2019, 8:29 pm

Originally Posted by mia
I am confused. It seems you need to spend $3,000. What is missing?
sorry. I meant no mention of the amount of statement credit after the $3000 spend. Edited post above.
mia likes this.
Old Mar 1, 2019, 11:10 pm

Programs: Wyndham Diamond
I've been checking on and off for the last 10 months. No upgrade offer. AF just hit today. I will probably be closing the card.

Can I use the cert that's already posted to my account?
Old Mar 4, 2019, 8:12 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum, United Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Update to my post #195 in November. Chase said the other 40,000 points of the 50,000 point upgrade offer would post in 6-8 weeks. It has now been 14 weeks since then and still no points. The SM I sent to Chase and the reply promising the points has disappeared into the ether. I have sent another SM and will see what happens. Really disappointing that I constantly have to "chase" Chase down for Marriott points ( I also have all sorts of troubles with Marriott hotels in China posting properly for 6 X points on Chase cards).
Old Mar 5, 2019, 1:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Typhoonpilot
Update to my post #195 in November. Chase said the other 40,000 points of the 50,000 point upgrade offer would post in 6-8 weeks. It has now been 14 weeks since then and still no points. The SM I sent to Chase and the reply promising the points has disappeared into the ether. I have sent another SM and will see what happens. Really disappointing that I constantly have to "chase" Chase down for Marriott points ( I also have all sorts of troubles with Marriott hotels in China posting properly for 6 X points on Chase cards).
You may want to switch from SM to a phone call. I was in a similar situation (upgraded in Nov, got first 10k on Dec statement), I called them a few weeks ago, they said they'd open a case and call me (no email possible, only voice call) about the resolution., Last week I got a phone message which was long-winded but basically said that I would the points on my next statement, a couple days later my next statement cut, and it showed the 40,000 points as "courtesy points" which means they had to manually post them, and then a couple days later they showed up (with the same label) at Marriott.

You want to solve this in an "interactive" way, where you know that a case has been opened. SM doesn't achieve this, only chat (if available) or voice conversations achieve this, because you can persist (over just minutes) until you can verify that they've opened a case.
Old Mar 5, 2019, 6:30 pm

Thank you, in the SM reply I just received they did provide a phone number. I will give them a call. I know at least one other person who still has not received their points as well.
Old Mar 7, 2019, 8:51 pm

Further update. Twitter @chasesupport seems to have done the trick. They have replied that the missing points will be added on the next statement.
Old Mar 8, 2019, 8:34 am
Moderator: Chase Ultimate Rewards

Programs: UA 2P, MR LT Plat, IHG Plat, BW Dia, HH Au, Avis PC
Originally Posted by Typhoonpilot
Update to my post #195 in November. Chase said the other 40,000 points of the 50,000 point upgrade offer would post in 6-8 weeks. It has now been 14 weeks since then and still no points.
I am in a similar position. At the 9 week mark and still missing 40k points. Sent a reply to my original SM and got a very fast response with an apology and a commitment that the other 40k would be on the next statement.
Old Apr 17, 2019, 3:55 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat, Southwest A-List Preferred
Originally Posted by Kacee
Ditto. It was 50k in December.

Not going to upgrade for that. Would rather keep the $3k spend for 1 elite night to make sure I hit Plat.
To update... I received a new offer today via email: Upgrade now to earn 15 elite night credits after $3k spend.

From the fine print: These Elite Night credits are in addition to the 15 Elite Night credit benefit that comes with your card and do not count towards the per-account maximum on that benefit.
Old Apr 18, 2019, 9:26 am

Programs: DL Plat, Marriot Plat
Originally Posted by robhakari
To update... I received a new offer today via email: Upgrade now to earn 15 elite night credits after $3k spend.

From the fine print: These Elite Night credits are in addition to the 15 Elite Night credit benefit that comes with your card and do not count towards the per-account maximum on that benefit.
I got the same offer. With these 15 nights I would most probably make Titanium again this year.
Old May 8, 2019, 11:44 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by robhakari
Same.
Originally Posted by manually
With these 15 nights I would most probably make Titanium again this year.
Might push me over Ambassador.
Old May 11, 2019, 12:39 pm

Programs: AA, WN, UA, Bonvoy, Hertz
Those 15 extra nights are tempting. I still can't understand why Chase is pushing so aggressively on conversion. The 1 night at 3k and....travel insurance are that costly? I am still sticking with the old card for now.

Of course, Chase could have forced changed just like Citi, AmEx and Barclays does. I appreciate that aspect of Chase. I like the black card look as well...
Old Jun 3, 2019, 7:46 pm

Programs: SPG Platinum, HHonors Diamond, DL Diamond Medallion
My anniversary date was December. Last December I waited for the 25000 cert and 15 elite nights and then upgraded afterwards.
I was not charged for the 85 annual fee in December, but I am now being charged for 95 annual now in June.
Old Jun 4, 2019, 3:08 pm

Programs: SPG Platinum, HHonors Diamond, DL Diamond Medallion
Originally Posted by Ayase
My anniversary date was December. Last December I waited for the 25000 cert and 15 elite nights and then upgraded afterwards.
I was not charged for the 85 annual fee in December, but I am now being charged for 95 annual now in June.
I contacted Chase about this, and it seems like everyone who upgraded will have different anniversary month from annual fee month. They take 5 billing cycles after upgrade to charge the annual fee, regardless when your original anniversary month was.
For me, my annual fee is in June while free certificate comes in December.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.