Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Chase Marriott Premier PLUS - post your upgrade offers

Old May 3, 2018, 11:43 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: eknock007
Link for upgrade offers: https://www.chase.com/chasegreatrewards/catchall

Offers reported as of 5/3:
Points are to be received after one purchase. Offer is good to yearend

Offers as of 10/9:
Chase is starting to increase offer to 50k, up from 20k and 10k. Check your in-boxes.
Print Wikipost

Chase Marriott Premier PLUS - post your upgrade offers

Old Nov 28, 2018, 9:18 pm

Programs: Free Agent
Jeanie, something about the 11/16 closing date. Chase has confirmed sending the 50,000 on 11/17. Marriott's computer has lost them. Eventually, I'll find someone at Marriott who has the authority to manually post the 50,000.
Old Nov 29, 2018, 10:30 am

Programs: AS MVP Gold, Marriott Lifetime Gold, National Executive Elite
I just hit my anniversary date for the old card and see that the elite nights and cert have posted to my Marriott account, but I don't see the annual fee on my Chase account yet. Is it now safe to do the upgrade for 50k points or might they rollback the posted Marriott benefits if I don't wait a while?
Old Nov 30, 2018, 7:58 am

Programs: UA1k, Oneworld Sapphire, Hyatt Globalist, IHG DiamondAmb, Hilton Diamond, Marriott LTP,
I do not see any offers to upgrade my card when I log in, can this be done over the phone?

ALso in regards to the elite night credits per $ spend, how long after statment close do they post? My points have posted over a week ago but still waiting on the elite nights for $ spend.
Old Dec 1, 2018, 11:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by navatwal
I do not see any offers to upgrade my card when I log in, can this be done over the phone?

ALso in regards to the elite night credits per $ spend, how long after statment close do they post? My points have posted over a week ago but still waiting on the elite nights for $ spend.
Yes, I did over the phone after never seeing it online.

Lots of things at Marriott.com are posting extremely slowly these days. And also posting weirdly: I did a points transfer and it showed up, but I could find it until I scrolled way down: My Activity was not truly sorted alphabetically, Nov 30 was way below a bunch of things from earlier in November!
Old Dec 2, 2018, 12:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Has anyone had a business card and received the 50K targeted offer, successfully upgrade the card?

I notice the upgrade offer landing page shows an image of personal card but the invite email to upgrade is sent to a business card, the only Marriott card my husband has.

For those who got error message, which phone number at the back you called - Chase or Marriott customer service?

UPDATE
Got an SM reply that informed the Upgrade offer is for eligible Consumer Accounts and not for business accounts. Therefore it is a no go.
Marriott marketing error to send out the same upgrade emails to business cardholders when the upgrade offer is strictly for consumer cards. Bummer.

Last edited by Happy; Dec 3, 2018 at 12:33 pm
Old Dec 2, 2018, 6:32 pm

Programs: AA plt 2 mm, Marriott LTT, HH dia
Originally Posted by mk712
FYI, I'm in a similar situation:
- got 10k points on my Oct 17 statement, posted to my Marriott account on Oct 20.
- got an extra 40k points on my Nov 17 statement, they haven't posted to my Marriott account yet. Even the regular spend from that statement hasn't posted yet.

I didn't bother calling either Chase or Marriott because I figured they'd be clueless, as you've experienced. Since the points are listed on my statement I'm confident I'll get them at some point, the question is when.
Originally Posted by Jim055
Jeanie, something about the 11/16 closing date. Chase has confirmed sending the 50,000 on 11/17. Marriott's computer has lost them. Eventually, I'll find someone at Marriott who has the authority to manually post the 50,000.
There have been multiple threads started on this issue. The Starwood Lurkers responded to one of the threads on the Marriott forum offering to help. So I sent an email to [email protected].

Edited to add: My points posted on Sunday, and I thought it was because the Starwood Lurker helped out. Apparently, the timing was a coincidence. The points posted before the Lurkers intervened.

Last edited by jeanie; Dec 3, 2018 at 1:10 am
Old Dec 8, 2018, 9:05 am

I finally pulled the trigger on the 50K offer last weekend. I received a pro-rated credit for the $85 yearly fee (paid in Sept.) and will be billed for the new $95 fee in the next month or so. My anniversary date will remain the same, but I will now have a new billing date.
Old Dec 19, 2018, 11:50 am

Originally Posted by wilma one
I finally pulled the trigger on the 50K offer last weekend. I received a pro-rated credit for the $85 yearly fee (paid in Sept.) and will be billed for the new $95 fee in the next month or so. My anniversary date will remain the same, but I will now have a new billing date.
how long did the whole process take? I pulled the trigger on upgrading yesterday via the website. How long did it take before your new card came? I'm scared I won't have enough time to do one purchase before 12/31.
Old Dec 19, 2018, 12:15 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold, Marriott Lifetime Gold, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by portfolioflyer
how long did the whole process take? I pulled the trigger on upgrading yesterday via the website. How long did it take before your new card came? I'm scared I won't have enough time to do one purchase before 12/31.
I ordered my card on 12/8 and received it 12/17. I got a notification from Samsung Pay that my card was automatically updated sometime last week, so I probably would've been fine for an NFC transaction. If you don't have that set-up, I'd just wait until you see the card icon update on your Chase account and then use the old card. My new card has the name number, so that might count.
Old Dec 19, 2018, 2:16 pm

Originally Posted by portfolioflyer
I don't know when my card arrived, since I was away when it came in the mail. However they told me you don't have to wait for it. Just wait a few days and use the old card. It's the same number and the purchase will count towards the 12/31 requirement.
Old Dec 21, 2018, 10:27 am
Moderator: Chase Ultimate Rewards

Programs: UA 2P, MR LT Plat, IHG Plat, BW Dia, HH Au, Avis PC
I'm probably overly concerned about 5/24 but has anyone who did the upgrade earlier in the year verified that it did indeed not count toward 5/24? It seems like it shouldn't but no one has posted a clear DP
Old Dec 21, 2018, 4:21 pm

Originally Posted by MDtR-Chicago
I'm probably overly concerned about 5/24 but has anyone who did the upgrade earlier in the year verified that it did indeed not count toward 5/24? It seems like it shouldn't but no one has posted a clear DP
I upgraded in September and there is no new account reflected on my report
Old Dec 21, 2018, 7:44 pm
Moderator: Chase Ultimate Rewards

Programs: UA 2P, MR LT Plat, IHG Plat, BW Dia, HH Au, Avis PC
Originally Posted by Isavethings
I upgraded in September and there is no new account reflected on my report
Excellent...

I'm going to get in on the offer tonight. Both wife and I have 50k offers. I was a little hesitant to leave behind the option of earning an elite night every $3000 spend but really, the net cost of a cheap night at a Fairfield Inn isn't much more than the cost of creating that additional spend.
Old Dec 21, 2018, 8:57 pm

Same account number and no hard inquiry

Originally Posted by MDtR-Chicago
Excellent...

I'm going to get in on the offer tonight. Both wife and I have 50k offers. I was a little hesitant to leave behind the option of earning an elite night every $3000 spend but really, the net cost of a cheap night at a Fairfield Inn isn't much more than the cost of creating that additional spend.
I guess it all comes down to seeing what happens if I tried to apply for my 5th in 24 but my conversation with the rep and the absence of a hard inquiry and no new account number sure made it sound like it wouldn't count. I also got no new account alert on my credit report.
Old Dec 23, 2018, 7:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: MSY; 2-time FT Fantasy Football Champ, now in recovery.
Programs: AA lifetime GLD; UA Silver; Marriott LTTE; IHG Plat,
I never received the offer for 50K, but called last week to ask about upgrading, and was told I did in fact have that offer. They said 3-5 business days to receive the new card.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.