Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Chase Marriott Premier PLUS - post your upgrade offers

Old May 3, 2018, 11:43 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: eknock007
Link for upgrade offers: https://www.chase.com/chasegreatrewards/catchall

Offers reported as of 5/3:
Points are to be received after one purchase. Offer is good to yearend

Offers as of 10/9:
Chase is starting to increase offer to 50k, up from 20k and 10k. Check your in-boxes.
Print Wikipost

Chase Marriott Premier PLUS - post your upgrade offers

Old Nov 21, 2018, 4:01 pm

Programs: AA plt 2 mm, Marriott LTT, HH dia
My first Chase statement closed since the upgrade on 11/16. The statement states that over 50,000 points were transferred to Marriott (one small purchase plus the 50K upgrade bonus). In the past, the points for this card would show up in my Marriott account on the 18th of the month. Nothing yet. Hmmm. I guess I will wait a few more days before trying to investigate. Calling Marriott is pretty worthless nowadays.
Old Nov 21, 2018, 5:49 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL-Plat, WN-CP | Hotels: Choice-Gld, IHG-Plt, Rad-Gld, HH-Dia, Hyatt-Glob, Marriott-LtPlt
Originally Posted by Typhoonpilot
I took the 50K offer because I am trying to make 1.6 million for legacy Lifetime Gold. It was a tough decision because losing elite night credits for spend could become an issue going forward. No points posted after first purchase. Points just posted today on my statement closing date and I only got 10,000. Secured Message sent to Chase. I too have the e-mails and screenshots saved in case of this eventuality. I can't wait long for the other 40,000 points to post because I'll have to leave some cushion if a UR transfer becomes necessary to put me over the top on the 1.6 million. I hate constantly having to chase down points, it's really frustrating.

Update, Chase replied they will give the other 40,000 points in 6-8 weeks. Too late for me to reach my Lifetime Gold goal. I have written to TPG ([email protected]). He seems to have a close relationship with Chase. Whether they care or will do anything is obviously an issue, but one can hope. This is a clear case of false advertising. I would not have made the switch to the Premiere if I had known points would not post until 2019.
How is this false advertising? You mention you have e-mails and screenshots - Look at footnote 1 on the upgrade landing page terms, which states (in part): "Please allow up to 8 weeks after qualifying for bonus points to post to your account."
Old Nov 21, 2018, 6:49 pm

Here's my experience with receiving bonus points:
  • Purchase with new card: November 10th
  • Statement Closing Date: November 19th
  • 10,000 + 40,000 points posted to my Marriott acct: November 21st.
jeanie likes this.
Old Nov 22, 2018, 10:29 am

Those that have upgraded, did the "Request to Upgrade Confirmation" email you received mention the upgrade offer?

The website bugged out when I went to upgrade and skipped the Accept Terms of Upgrade page and went straight to the page where you fill out your details + last four digits of card.
Old Nov 23, 2018, 12:57 am

Programs: UA 1MM, Marriott LTP, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Gary Warns
Here's my experience with receiving bonus points:
  • Purchase with new card: November 10th
  • Statement Closing Date: November 19th
  • 10,000 + 40,000 points posted to my Marriott acct: November 21st.
My first purchase was made on Nov 14, and my statement closed on Nov 22. I only got 10K points. I'm going to write an email to the CS to inquire about the missing 40K. Unfortunately, I called to upgrade the card so I don't have an email confirmation.

Update: I received a response from the customer service via secure email. They just added 40K points to my account which should appear in my next statement. It looks like a manual add so something went wrong with their automated process. I will hang tight for another month.

Last edited by naumank; Nov 23, 2018 at 1:28 am
Old Nov 24, 2018, 5:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

My husband's card received the 50K upgrade offer while we were on a long international trip so we did not read it until we returned home yesterday. Probably would wait till next week to proceed.

How does the AF on the upgrade is being billed, when the existing card is the first year fee waived version? His is barely 6 months old.

Last edited by Happy; Nov 24, 2018 at 5:38 am
Old Nov 25, 2018, 5:37 pm

Upgrade to Marriott premier Plus but ripped off on the 50K upgrade bonus

Has anyone had any experience with receiving a reduced upgrade bonus. I got an invite email for 50,000 Marriott points if I upgrade my Marriott card to the new Premier Plus. I only needed to have one spend swipe by 12/31 with no minimum. I was satisfied that the offer was perhaps the best I would receive. I upgraded and used the card in no time. The bonus posted but it was only 10,000 points. AND IT GETS BETTER. My wife has a separate account that we upgraded on the same phone call and you guessed it... she also only got 10,000. UGHHH! I already SM’d chase requesting correction on both. But I was wondering if this occurs often and how hard I am going to have to push back. Thanks in advance for feedback.
Old Nov 25, 2018, 7:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by EZTraveler
Upgrade to Marriott premier Plus but ripped off on the 50K upgrade bonus

Has anyone had any experience with receiving a reduced upgrade bonus. I got an invite email for 50,000 Marriott points if I upgrade my Marriott card to the new Premier Plus. I only needed to have one spend swipe by 12/31 with no minimum. I was satisfied that the offer was perhaps the best I would receive. I upgraded and used the card in no time. The bonus posted but it was only 10,000 points. AND IT GETS BETTER. My wife has a separate account that we upgraded on the same phone call and you guessed it... she also only got 10,000. UGHHH! I already SMd chase requesting correction on both. But I was wondering if this occurs often and how hard I am going to have to push back. Thanks in advance for feedback.
You should read first before you post. There are multiple DPs similar to yours and they are all resolved or being promised to be resolved. Go back upthread your answers are all there,
Old Nov 25, 2018, 7:18 pm

Thanks pal!
Old Nov 25, 2018, 11:47 pm

Originally Posted by jeanie
My first Chase statement closed since the upgrade on 11/16. The statement states that over 50,000 points were transferred to Marriott (one small purchase plus the 50K upgrade bonus). In the past, the points for this card would show up in my Marriott account on the 18th of the month. Nothing yet. Hmmm. I guess I will wait a few more days before trying to investigate. Calling Marriott is pretty worthless nowadays.
Well, I'm in no man's land again! I contacted Chase via SM saying that Marriott had not received my 50k bonus points. Chase replied that they contacted Marriott, and the 50k had posted to my Marriott Rewards account. No, it hasn't. So I actually called Marriott. What a complete waste of time! Now I am even more frustrated than before! No one at Marriott had any idea of what I was talking about. The agent saw that two hundred points posted on my account statement a few months ago from the old Premier card, and said that was my bonus so I wasn't entitled to another one.

Right before the statement closed, Chase credited a partial annual fee for my first year. That gave me a small negative balance that I wasn't anticipating. I am wondering if the points weren't transferred from Chase because of the negative balance. However, when I look at the online PDF of my statement, it says the 50k points were transferred to Marriott.

Urghhh!
Old Nov 26, 2018, 4:47 am
mia
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend; Moderator: American Express, Capital One, Citi, Chase, Credit Card Programs, Diners Club, Signatures

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Moderator action

Originally Posted by Happy
You should read first before you post. ....
EZTraveler's post was moved from another thread. I could make a note in the thread each and every time I do this, -OR- I could rely on others to point out the helpful information without scolding.
Old Nov 26, 2018, 4:49 am
mia
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend; Moderator: American Express, Capital One, Citi, Chase, Credit Card Programs, Diners Club, Signatures

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
.... when I look at the online PDF of my statement, it says the 50k points were transferred to Marriott.
Anyway to verify that they were not posted to a different Marriott account number?
Old Nov 26, 2018, 4:27 pm

Originally Posted by mia
Anyway to verify that they were not posted to a different Marriott account number?
The account number in the SM from Chase was correct. But I have noticed today that there is a new thread in the Marriott forum about cc points not posting correctly. So who knows!

The Marriott agent I spoke with seemed pretty clueless. My Premier card was less than 1 year old, and she said I could only get 1 welcome bonus per year. I tried to explain that this is an upgrade bonus, and that is different. She spoke with the credit card department at Marriott, and then wrote an email to their liaison at Chase to follow up on the matter. She said I should call back later this week to find out the reply from Chase.

It was odd that she thought the 200 points from normal spending on the Premier card was my previous welcome bonus.

At this point, nothing will post until my next statement, anyway. I still think/hope it was because of that negative balance with the partial annual fee credit. I have already placed another charge on the account so that there will be a positive balance on the card when the next statement closes. Hopefully, that will fix it.
Old Nov 27, 2018, 6:05 am

Programs: Delta, Marriott
I got the 50k offer. I applied/was approved on Sunday, but waiting to hear next steps now.
Old Nov 27, 2018, 1:07 pm

Well, I'm in no man's land again! I contacted Chase via SM saying that Marriott had not received my 50k bonus points. Chase replied that they contacted Marriott, and the 50k had posted to my Marriott Rewards account. No, it hasn't. So I actually called Marriott. What a complete waste of time! Now I am even more frustrated than before! No one at Marriott had any idea of what I was talking about. The agent saw that two hundred points posted on my account statement a few months ago from the old Premier card, and said that was my bonus so I wasn't entitled to another one.
FYI, I'm in a similar situation:
- got 10k points on my Oct 17 statement, posted to my Marriott account on Oct 20.
- got an extra 40k points on my Nov 17 statement, they haven't posted to my Marriott account yet. Even the regular spend from that statement hasn't posted yet.

I didn't bother calling either Chase or Marriott because I figured they'd be clueless, as you've experienced. Since the points are listed on my statement I'm confident I'll get them at some point, the question is when.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.