Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Chase Marriott Premier PLUS - post your upgrade offers

Old May 3, 2018, 11:43 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: eknock007
Link for upgrade offers: https://www.chase.com/chasegreatrewards/catchall

Offers reported as of 5/3:
Points are to be received after one purchase. Offer is good to yearend

Offers as of 10/9:
Chase is starting to increase offer to 50k, up from 20k and 10k. Check your in-boxes.
Print Wikipost

Chase Marriott Premier PLUS - post your upgrade offers

Old Nov 13, 2018, 11:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by pitflyer
I believe the credit card number doesnt actually change on upgrades. So my own expectation was that I could make one purchase on my old card as soon as I upgrade to get the bonus.
They told me that only a purchase made after I activate the new card counts. So I'm not sure if your theory holds. They know when you activate and may not count a purchase before that date.
Old Nov 13, 2018, 8:27 pm

Programs: UA 1MM, Marriott LTP, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Hertz PC
Is it true that they wont charge me the annual fee of $95 until the next anniversary? My annual fee of $85 was refunded and i have yet to be charged the $95 fee for the plus card.
Old Nov 13, 2018, 8:57 pm

Programs: AA plt 2 mm, Marriott LTT, HH dia

Originally Posted by naumank
Is it true that they won’t charge me the annual fee of $95 until the next anniversary? My annual fee of $85 was refunded and i have yet to be charged the $95 fee for the plus card.
I am curious about this as well. I took this screen shot when I upgraded the card. My Premier card was less than 12 months old when I upgraded. However, I have already gotten a pro-rated refund of the annual fee for the old Premier card. I haven't been charged for the $95 for the new card yet. Hopefully, I am getting the prorated discount for the Premier and the annual fee for first year of the Premier Plus credited. I guess we just wait and see...
Old Nov 13, 2018, 11:42 pm

Originally Posted by jeanie

I am curious about this as well. I took this screen shot when I upgraded the card. My Premier card was less than 12 months old when I upgraded. However, I have already gotten a pro-rated refund of the annual fee for the old Premier card. I haven't been charged for the $95 for the new card yet. Hopefully, I am getting the prorated discount for the Premier and the annual fee for first year of the Premier Plus credited. I guess we just wait and see...
Scrolling back to post #116 , several people got charged the $95 annual fee on Oct 1, despite their previous anniversary dates. Not sure why this was the case. Does it mean we will be charged $95 on Oct 1, 2019?
Old Nov 14, 2018, 11:55 am

Programs: AA EXP, Mar AMB, HH LT DIA
I received an upgrade offer for 50K - even though I canceled the card a few months ago.
Old Nov 14, 2018, 1:16 pm

My offer said the AF for the new card ($95) would be waived because I had the old card for less than a year at the time of my upgrade.

This has really been almost too good to be true. Finished off the 120,000-point offer for $12k spend on the old card, took the 50,000-point offer to upgrade because I valued it more than my anniversary award night up to 25k points, and once my anniversary passed I received a 35k certificate anyway.
jeanie likes this.
Old Nov 15, 2018, 11:02 pm

Originally Posted by RMZ2006
Following up, I was told via Secure Message that the 10,000 points were applied immediately and the remaining 40,000 should appear within six to eight weeks. No idea why that's necessary, but there you go.
I made my first purchase and got 10K points as well. I wonder why they post these points in two installments. Are they worried someone would cancel or downgrade immediately?
Old Nov 16, 2018, 7:27 am

Programs: UA Explorer card, AA Plat, Copa Plat, IHG Plat,
Also only got 10000 after first purchase

I made my first purchase and got 10K points as well. I wonder why they post these points in two installments. Are they worried someone would cancel or downgrade immediately?
I also only got 10,000 points after first purchase. I called and rep. said he could not find any notes about 50,000 points. I told him that I had the email from them with the 50,000 upgrade offer if he needed it. He said he would send the request upstairs to promo dept. for additional 40,000 points but they would not post for 4-6 weeks. So we will see

Last edited by rrohio; Nov 16, 2018 at 7:30 am Reason: /
Old Nov 16, 2018, 8:23 am
Community Director Emerita

My husband's 50K bonus posted as 10K and 40K points today.
Old Nov 16, 2018, 10:40 am

Originally Posted by SanDiego1K
My husband's 50K bonus posted as 10K and 40K points today.
When did he make the first purchase and when was his statement closing day?
Old Nov 16, 2018, 2:48 pm
Community Director Emerita

When did he make the first purchase and when was his statement closing day?
Purchase: October 20
Statement closed: November 13
Points posted on Marriott: November 16

Last edited by SanDiego1K; Nov 16, 2018 at 4:38 pm Reason: Clarified when points received at Marriott
Old Nov 16, 2018, 3:42 pm

Originally Posted by SanDiego1K
Purchase: October 20
Statement closed: November 13
My monthly closing day is the 22nd. I will see if 40K will post on the 22nd of this month or next month. Or if at all.
Old Nov 16, 2018, 6:04 pm
LAX

Programs: OZ Diamond
Sounds like a lot of people are taking the 50K offer, which is good with no minimum spend IMHO. I was hoping if this round of enticement is not well received, Chase would further up the offer to 75K (wishful thinking). I think I will take the bait myself, too.

LAX
Old Nov 18, 2018, 11:46 pm

Programs: AA Plat, Marriott Platinum, Hertz Presidential Circle
Also got the 50k upgrade offer and took it. Hoping to have the points post by 12/31 in my quest for PP. Anyone know if it is possible to ask Chase to move up my statement posting date?
Old Nov 20, 2018, 2:02 am

Programs: Delta Platinum, United Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond
I took the 50K offer because I am trying to make 1.6 million for legacy Lifetime Gold. It was a tough decision because losing elite night credits for spend could become an issue going forward. No points posted after first purchase. Points just posted today on my statement closing date and I only got 10,000. Secured Message sent to Chase. I too have the e-mails and screenshots saved in case of this eventuality. I can't wait long for the other 40,000 points to post because I'll have to leave some cushion if a UR transfer becomes necessary to put me over the top on the 1.6 million. I hate constantly having to chase down points, it's really frustrating.

Update, Chase replied they will give the other 40,000 points in 6-8 weeks. Too late for me to reach my Lifetime Gold goal. I have written to TPG ([email protected]). He seems to have a close relationship with Chase. Whether they care or will do anything is obviously an issue, but one can hope. This is a clear case of false advertising. I would not have made the switch to the Premiere if I had known points would not post until 2019.

Last edited by Typhoonpilot; Nov 21, 2018 at 2:40 am

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.