Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Chase Marriott Premier PLUS - post your upgrade offers

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 3, 2018, 11:43 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: eknock007
Link for upgrade offers: https://www.chase.com/chasegreatrewards/catchall

Offers reported as of 5/3:
Points are to be received after one purchase. Offer is good to yearend

Offers as of 10/9:
Chase is starting to increase offer to 50k, up from 20k and 10k. Check your in-boxes.
Print Wikipost

Chase Marriott Premier PLUS - post your upgrade offers

Search this Thread

Old Oct 9, 2018, 10:23 am

Programs: AS MVP Gold, Marriott Lifetime Gold, National Executive Elite
Mine bumped up to 50k too, but I need those 15 night credits this year to maintain Platinum. Anniversary isn't until Nov/Dec timeframe, so I guess I'll have to wait.
Old Oct 9, 2018, 4:57 pm

Programs: Whoever Has the Best Bonus
I hope folks who have already upgraded in the past and then went have gone past their previous anniversary date can confirm if they just get 'passed over' for a free night cert this year and instead just get a 35k cert one year after upgrading. My annual fee posts on Jan 1st, but I always get the free cert in mid Dec. While I would rather get a 35k cert, I don't want to skip a 25k cert this year. So it seems like if the upgrade offer is still around when it expires (12/31) I'd better wait for my current year cert to expire and then upgrade. Of course, Chase could pull back its more generous bonus by then.. or maybe even increase it.

Decisions, decisions.
Old Oct 17, 2018, 4:36 pm

I got the 50k offer. Going to take it as I am way over 5/24.
Old Oct 17, 2018, 8:04 pm

Got the 50k offer as well. Took it, very sweet deal
Old Oct 18, 2018, 11:23 am

Programs: Delta Silver, Marriott Gold, HH Diamond, Ex-UA Gold, Ex-AA Gold , Ex-SPG Gold, Peon everywhere else
My offer also went to up 50k from 20k. I just pulled the trigger a moment ago. Don't need the 15 night credits. I nearly pulled the trigger for the 20k offer last month. I guess it pays to procrastinate.
Old Oct 18, 2018, 12:28 pm

Programs: Delta Silver, Marriott Gold, HH Diamond, Ex-UA Gold, Ex-AA Gold , Ex-SPG Gold, Peon everywhere else
Wife just received the 50k offer. She accepted it. She originally had the 10k offer.
Old Oct 18, 2018, 5:41 pm

Programs: AA-LT Gold 1.2MM ,DL, Marriott LT TITANIUM; HH Gold, AMEX PLT
Originally Posted by eknock007
Wife just received the 50k offer. She accepted it. She originally had the 10k offer.
I received the same offer today. Originally was offered 10,000. I accepted the offer as well.
Old Oct 20, 2018, 9:47 am

Location: STL, MO-US and A , SWA A-List, Marriott LTTE, Hilton Gold, Hertz PC
I just received an offer in the mail for 10K, definitely going to hold out for 50K (Does this new card contain metal?)
Old Oct 23, 2018, 11:44 am

Originally Posted by jeanie
A post in another thread got me to look at the terms and conditions of the upgrade. This is what I found.

While we all know the answers from phone agents can be unreliable, I decided to give them a call. He did put me on hold to talk to a supervisor, for what that is worth.

In my case, my annual fee will be billed in January, but if I upgrade now, I won't get the free night until May. This is specifically because a product change generates a new anniversary date at the time of the product change. So right now, my anniversary is when my annual fee is billed. But if I took the upgrade offer today, that anniversary date would change to today's date.

The fact that the terms and conditions above are worded they way they are backs up what the rep told me. I will probably wait until late in the year now before I decide whether to upgrade the card. I was planning on canceling when the annual fee was due. However, I also need more points for LTPP. So I will reevaluate the decision in November to judge how badly I need the 10K.
I am already a Marriott Rewards® Premier Plus Card holder since 3 months ago - annual fee believe was $95
If I accept this promo, how much extra is the AF - what is the new card will be called? Anything else?
Old Oct 23, 2018, 11:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by sciconf
I am already a Marriott Rewards® Premier Plus Card holder since 3 months ago - annual fee believe was $95
If I accept this promo, how much extra is the AF - what is the new card will be called? Anything else?
Perhaps you misunderstood what this thread is about? It's about upgrade offers to the Chase Marriott Premier Plus, not upgrade offers from it.

The promo being discussed here is to upgrade the old $85 AF card to the new $95 AF Premier Plus card that you already got 3 months ago. Since you already got it, there's nothing that you can upgrade to, and thus no promo offer that's valid for you and no promo that you can accept..
Old Oct 23, 2018, 1:11 pm

Programs: AA Plat, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Marriot Gold
So I wanted to ask here and see if anybody has the same deal as me. Admittedly, I haven't kept up with all the Marriott/SPG cards and changes and new cards. I currently hold the Marriott Rewards Business Card. Today I received an email for an upgrade for 50k to the Marriott Rewards Premier Plus Card. How can they offer me an upgrade from business to personal? I see that there is a business version but nowhere on the email does it say business.
Are there pros and cons to upgrading? Other than the higher annual fee, what is the difference?
If it makes a difference since i saw a couple posts before this, my annual fee hit on July 1. So will this change and now I have to wait a few more months for my free night?
Old Oct 23, 2018, 8:07 pm

Was offered 20K initially, held off for potential SPG Lux upgrade, never got offered one and today for the 50K upgrade for Marriott Premier Plus. I called and upgraded and it. Can’t beat that bonus with not needing a new credit pull.
Old Oct 23, 2018, 10:12 pm

Programs: DL Platinum, AA Plat Pro, Bonvoy Lifetime Platinum, JetBlue Mosaic 3, Amtrak Select
Originally Posted by miadukes
So I wanted to ask here and see if anybody has the same deal as me. Admittedly, I haven't kept up with all the Marriott/SPG cards and changes and new cards. I currently hold the Marriott Rewards Business Card. Today I received an email for an upgrade for 50k to the Marriott Rewards Premier Plus Card. How can they offer me an upgrade from business to personal? I see that there is a business version but nowhere on the email does it say business.
Are there pros and cons to upgrading? Other than the higher annual fee, what is the difference?
If it makes a difference since i saw a couple posts before this, my annual fee hit on July 1. So will this change and now I have to wait a few more months for my free night?
I got the same offer today too (business card holder) and I'm confused about it too. I would happily upgrade, but I need the 15 nights first as I'll get to platinum premier. Would love to take advantage after those nights hit
Old Oct 23, 2018, 11:18 pm
LAX

Programs: OZ Diamond
Originally Posted by rasheed
Yes, the old card still gets the 1 night for each $3k and has travel insurance. The chart is shown on emails sent by Chase and is on the upgrade site too once you enter your information.

Checking the website in the wiki, my offer was also raised to 50k. I am still not yet biting on the upgrade. I suspect at some point they might force us up, but not increase the annual fee. I am sure we would lose the upgrade bonus option as well.
Is that what happened with previous versions of the Marriott card? It's seems like the 50K bonus is still worth upgrading for an extra $10 a year unless one wants to keep features on the old card that's no longer on the new card. I am debating whether I should pull the trigger on this offer.

LAX
Old Oct 24, 2018, 11:57 am

Programs: AA Plat, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Marriot Gold
Originally Posted by uppereastsider
I got the same offer today too (business card holder) and I'm confused about it too. I would happily upgrade, but I need the 15 nights first as I'll get to platinum premier. Would love to take advantage after those nights hit
Yeah, Im not worred about nights since I hardly ever stay at marriott but i would like the 50k points, but i dont understand because i thought this card had the 15 nights also? confused.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.