Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Chase Marriott Premier PLUS - post your upgrade offers

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 3, 2018, 11:43 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: eknock007
Link for upgrade offers: https://www.chase.com/chasegreatrewards/catchall

Offers reported as of 5/3:
Points are to be received after one purchase. Offer is good to yearend

Offers as of 10/9:
Chase is starting to increase offer to 50k, up from 20k and 10k. Check your in-boxes.
Print Wikipost

Chase Marriott Premier PLUS - post your upgrade offers

Search this Thread

Old Aug 19, 2018, 6:37 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold, Marriott Lifetime Gold, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by wilma one
I just called Chase and they said that if I upgrade, the 35k cat 1-5 free night won't take effect until 1 year after the upgrade. Can anyone confirm this?
I'm not upgrading yet because I want my 15 nights credit for this year. If I change now, I won't get the award nights until next calendar year.
Old Sep 4, 2018, 7:18 pm

I confirmed that you get the cert on your anniversary. This year's 25k cert just posted, so if I upgrade I'll get the 35k cert on my anniversary next Sept. It seems to me like I should just cancel my standard Marriott Rewards card before the fee for another year and wait a while to upgrade to the Premier Plus card. I can get 75k points instead of only 20k they are offering for the same card. (With a $3k spend of course.) Any downfall to this idea?
Old Sep 5, 2018, 10:48 am

So my previous Chase Marriott CC annual renewal date was back in April 2018 and I upgraded and got hit with another annual fee 9/1. Is that supposed to happen or am I supposed to be prorated the previous 85 * 7/12 = ~49? I wouldn't mind the extra 95 if they give me another free night cert but they didn't haha.
Old Sep 13, 2018, 9:25 am
RNE

RNE, don't miss out on 20,000 bonus points
This is the first time I've gotten an e-mail from Chase reminding me to get bonus points. Perhaps that's because I've always been on top of that. But, this time, I'm purposely delaying getting that bonus.
Old Sep 17, 2018, 3:07 pm

DP - I had the 20K offer and clicked through to upgrade last month. Yesterday, 10K was deposited into my Marriott account. I sent a message showing my offer letter to prove I should have received 20K and they responded that my offer was only for 10K. Not sure how they can get away with this, but they're trying. In addition, I did receive my certificate for 35K free night into my account, but have not tried to attach it to a reservation yet. I've had my credit card since Nov 2017. I also have the AMEX SPG business card.
Old Sep 17, 2018, 5:01 pm
RNE

Originally Posted by Chancensam
Yesterday, 10K was deposited into my Marriott account. I sent a message showing my offer letter to prove I should have received 20K and they responded that my offer was only for 10K. Not sure how they can get away with this, but they're trying.
Don't let them get away with this! Keep at it. ^
Old Sep 18, 2018, 9:30 am

Update - a second response was received which apologized for a mistake in the first message and I was entitled to 10K more points. The additional 10K points will be deposited in 6-8 weeks. I will just have to make sure that truly happens!
Old Sep 21, 2018, 11:05 am

Programs: AA EXP, UA Silver, Marriott Plat, SPG Plat, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
I've gotten an email offer for upgrade a few months ago but when I check now there's no offer available. Anyone see the same?
Old Sep 22, 2018, 4:11 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Milege+, SkyMiles, AAdvantage, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Chancensam
Update - a second response was received which apologized for a mistake in the first message and I was entitled to 10K more points. The additional 10K points will be deposited in 6-8 weeks. I will just have to make sure that truly happens!
You will get the second 10K. What they did with my 20K is give me 10K upon first purchase and the second 10K after the statement closed.
Old Oct 2, 2018, 1:15 am

Paid annual fee of $85 in April. Upgraded in July. And got hit with another annual fee of $95 today.
Old Oct 7, 2018, 11:40 am

Programs: Hyatt Glb, MR Plat
Originally Posted by SR99
Paid annual fee of $85 in April. Upgraded in July. And got hit with another annual fee of $95 today.
Originally Posted by jdang
So my previous Chase Marriott CC annual renewal date was back in April 2018 and I upgraded and got hit with another annual fee 9/1. Is that supposed to happen or am I supposed to be prorated the previous 85 * 7/12 = ~49? I wouldn't mind the extra 95 if they give me another free night cert but they didn't haha.
You both should have received a partial reimbursement of the $85. Mine was also hit in April, upgraded in May, received $70 credit or so, and now hit with the $95 annual fee on 10/1.

I SM'ed them and they said my anniversary will continue to be in April even though my annual fee hits in October now..
Old Oct 8, 2018, 11:16 pm

Originally Posted by frudd38
You both should have received a partial reimbursement of the $85. Mine was also hit in April, upgraded in May, received $70 credit or so, and now hit with the $95 annual fee on 10/1.

I SM'ed them and they said my anniversary will continue to be in April even though my annual fee hits in October now..
I just checked and I got $70.80 refund today. Thanks
Old Oct 9, 2018, 7:18 am

Programs: Whoever Has the Best Bonus
My upgrade offer went up to 50k today; a lot of others have reported the same if folks want to double check.

I'm still unclear what will happen to my upcoming anniversary cert that's due in December if I upgrade before then. Will it be a 25k one, a 35k one, or completely skipped and now due in October of next year?
I've seen people explain that the pro-rating does work (you get a refund of what you paid so far, and a new $95 annual fee) but has anyone who upgraded and had a cert due soon AFTER the upgrade report in what they actually received?
Old Oct 9, 2018, 8:50 am

Here is my understanding of the upgrade: You get a partial refund (depending on your anniversary date of your old card) of the annual fee. You then pay the new $95 annual fee and you will get your new free night cert one year from the time you upgrade. What this means to me is the bonus offer for upgrading is what Chase will compensate me for the extra wait for the higher value free night cert (if my current anniversary date is January and if I upgrade now, then I will not get a free night cert in January and I will have to wait until next October for my free night cert).

I think the new card does not come with any travel insurance or a one night credit for every $3k in spending. Does anyone know whether the old card still offers these benefits?
Old Oct 9, 2018, 9:16 am

Programs: AA, WN, UA, Bonvoy, Hertz
Originally Posted by UpInTheAir
I think the new card does not come with any travel insurance or a one night credit for every $3k in spending. Does anyone know whether the old card still offers these benefits?
Yes, the old card still gets the 1 night for each $3k and has travel insurance. The chart is shown on emails sent by Chase and is on the upgrade site too once you enter your information.

Checking the website in the wiki, my offer was also raised to 50k. I am still not yet biting on the upgrade. I suspect at some point they might force us up, but not increase the annual fee. I am sure we would lose the upgrade bonus option as well.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.