Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Chase Marriott Premier PLUS - post your upgrade offers

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 3, 2018, 11:43 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: eknock007
Link for upgrade offers: https://www.chase.com/chasegreatrewards/catchall

Offers reported as of 5/3:
Points are to be received after one purchase. Offer is good to yearend

Offers as of 10/9:
Chase is starting to increase offer to 50k, up from 20k and 10k. Check your in-boxes.
Print Wikipost

Chase Marriott Premier PLUS - post your upgrade offers

Search this Thread

Old Jul 6, 2018, 5:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
I was given a promo for 50K, though only 10K posted. Chase advised the remaining 40K would post in the next bill cycle...
Old Jul 7, 2018, 10:01 am

Upgrade offer disappeared

Originally Posted by linsj
My upgrade offer disappeared too. Haven't had time to call and find out what happened.
My email link for 20k offer also shows that I have no offer. However, I called today and rep says that I do have a 20k offer. I took the offer/ I am way over 5/24 and would not get the cert on my existing card until January.
Old Jul 9, 2018, 9:19 am

Programs: United 1K MM, Marriott LTPP
Upgrade link is no longer working for me.

Have anyone been able to get Chase to increase the offer? My email says 20k but I would do it for more.
Old Jul 9, 2018, 12:57 pm

Programs: Bonvoy P, HHonors Dia, Hyatt Disc, FPC, Alaskan, Hawaiian, AA, United, Elevate, Amex
Chase Marriott Premiere Plus question

Hi,

I couldn't find a thread for this, although there must be one...

I had the Amex SPG card and the Chase Marriott Premiere card. I am SPG Gold.
I got an offer tp upgrade the Marriott card to the Premiere Plus, for about $10 more per year, getting 30k points for 1st purchase, and free night annually at a 35k or under property.
That was supposedly an upgrade from 25k property each year.
But my SPG account says I get a 35k or under property from them each year.
So di I really need the Plus card after I get the upgrade bonus 30k points?
And what will become of my SPG cards?

Thank you.
Old Jul 9, 2018, 6:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Ramonmv
Hi,

I couldn't find a thread for this, although there must be one...

I had the Amex SPG card and the Chase Marriott Premiere card. I am SPG Gold.
I got an offer tp upgrade the Marriott card to the Premiere Plus, for about $10 more per year, getting 30k points for 1st purchase, and free night annually at a 35k or under property.
That was supposedly an upgrade from 25k property each year.
But my SPG account says I get a 35k or under property from them each year.
So di I really need the Plus card after I get the upgrade bonus 30k points?
And what will become of my SPG cards?

Thank you.
I don't know what will become of your SPG "cards" (plural), because you only listed one, and only said you "had" that one, not that you currently "have" that one. So I don't know which if any SPG card(s) you have!

The SPG business card will continue, as Amex has the right to market business cards for the new program.

No one knows what will happen to the SPG personal card, but applications for it are likely to disappear soon, as Amex apparently does not have the right to market non-business non-high-end cards for the new program. But it could "grandfather" existing SPG personal card holders, or it could sell their accounts to Chase, who knows.

The thread you may have been looking for is in the Amex forum, since the SPG cards are issued by Amex (you're currently in the Chase forum):

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/amer...st-2018-a.html
Old Jul 9, 2018, 7:16 pm

Programs: Bonvoy P, HHonors Dia, Hyatt Disc, FPC, Alaskan, Hawaiian, AA, United, Elevate, Amex
Thanks, but the main question is about the Chase Marriott cards, and why I should pay extra for the plus card, if it doesn’t get me anything better than I already have from my SPG cards, both personal and business.
Old Jul 10, 2018, 6:51 pm

I got 30k. The offer was there when I logged into Chase. This was a couple weeks ago.
Old Jul 10, 2018, 6:52 pm

Originally Posted by eajusa
Has your first statement since the upgrade yet closed ? The points show on your statement, then should post a few days later in your MR account.
Also, my 20K offer posted this way 10K for first spend after upgrade and another 10K for first statement closing after upgrade

.MARRIOTT REWARDS® PREMIER PLUS POINTSACCOUNT ACTIVITY
+ 6X Points on Marriott Hotel purchases 0
+ 2X Points on all other purchases 503
+ Bonus on Premier Plus Upgrade 10,000
+ Bonus on Premier Plus Upgrade 10,000
Total points transferred to Marriott 20,503
Wow, I was offered 30k after any purchase.
Old Jul 11, 2018, 12:26 am

I don't currently have any Marriott CC but have used primarily SPG personal and SPG business as my primary cards for many years.

I remember seeing something on a forum at some point about a Marriott CC giving credit towards lifetime status at the rate of 3K = 1 night. Is there still a such product out there? I mostly use Starwood (and now Marriott) hotels for most of my stays and want to be able to earn the highest possible status through spending, lifetime if possible.

Thanks!
Old Jul 11, 2018, 7:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Ramonmv
Thanks, but the main question is about the Chase Marriott cards, and why I should pay extra for the plus card, if it doesn’t get me anything better than I already have from my SPG cards, both personal and business.

Because it gets you an extra night at that lavel?

Do you only need 2 nights at 35k and the rest at 25k? If so, you don't need the plus card.

But if you need 3 nights at 35k, then you do need the plus card.

So I don't see what having the SPG cards has to do with it, unless you stay so few times a year in a hotel that you're sure two certs at 35k is enough and the remaining cert being at 25k is going to be enough, or if you have enough experience with capped Marriott certs to know that you don't need more than 2 nights a year at the higher level.

Some people might want two or three (or four or five or six!) 35k certs, instead of one (or more) of those being a 25k cert. Others don't care. It depends a lot on how many times you stay a year and what sort of hotels you need when you stay.

In my case, I've been getting by on cat 1-5 certs only for years, so I did't feel the need to get the Plus card instead of my existing non-Plus Marriott Premier card. (I applied outright for the non-Plus card, after cancelling the previous one, shortly before the Plus card came out but after the info on the Plus card had already come out.) But everyone has to make their own decision based on their own usage of certs.

Last edited by sdsearch; Jul 11, 2018 at 7:21 pm
Old Jul 29, 2018, 1:54 pm

Where do I check my upgrade offer when I log in to the Chase portal?

I tried going through this link (https://www.chase.com/chasegreatrewards/catchall) but it looks like it's currently not working after I input my info. Can I call Chase directly to get my upgrade offer?

Nm, figured this out. My fiancee was offered 10k pts to upgrade. She opened up her Chase Marriott in June 2017.

Last edited by philemer; Jul 30, 2018 at 3:46 pm
Old Jul 31, 2018, 1:08 pm

I need the 20k points for a flight package. I upgraded Sometime in Mid-June.

When do the points post? Will it be on my statement cycle date, some days thereafter, or some totally unrelated time?
Old Aug 2, 2018, 11:55 am

I received the upgrade offer for 20k points. The change to the free night (25k limit) concerned me, so the card upgrade (incl. 20k bonus points) looks like it would be worth it for the $10 AF increase. I've had the card for 3 years and my anniversary date is this month. Does it make more sense to upgrade before or after your anniversary?

I only got this card for the initial bonus and yearly free night, so I'm wondering if should I consider cancelling it after my anniversary date (after the free night posts) and apply for a new card in a few months?
Old Aug 19, 2018, 10:39 am

I just called Chase and they said that if I upgrade, the 35k cat 1-5 free night won't take effect until 1 year after the upgrade. Can anyone confirm this?
Old Aug 19, 2018, 1:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by wilma one
I just called Chase and they said that if I upgrade, the 35k cat 1-5 free night won't take effect until 1 year after the upgrade. Can anyone confirm this?
I don't know if anyone can confirm this yet. Many people have feared it, and most if not all of them have waited until they earned their cert for this year before upgrading.

Officially, you don't get a cert the first year you have a Chase Marriott card, only on your anniversary. But how that works in an upgrade situation, no one seems to know for sure.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.