Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Chase Marriott Premier PLUS - post your upgrade offers

Old May 3, 2018, 11:43 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: eknock007
Link for upgrade offers: https://www.chase.com/chasegreatrewards/catchall

Offers reported as of 5/3:
Points are to be received after one purchase. Offer is good to yearend

Offers as of 10/9:
Chase is starting to increase offer to 50k, up from 20k and 10k. Check your in-boxes.
Print Wikipost

Chase Marriott Premier PLUS - post your upgrade offers

Old May 18, 2018, 12:47 pm

Originally Posted by mav
I called Chase Bank twice today and was told the only way to get the 100,000 points is to cancel the existing card and in 60 days apply for the new card. That is exactly what I did. I am greedy and wanted the whole 100,000. The clock is ticking for my 60 days

Originally Posted by hts
20k. Cancelled it. Will wait 40 days (she said it normally takes 30-60 for the card to roll off credit reports) to apply tor it again with the 100k bonus. I have an MBA, but I don't understand their marketing department. Maybe someone smarter can explain their thinking on this one to me?
This is my plan too. I'm just as greedy as both of you. I just had my 3rd year anniversary with the premier card and I'm already sitting on 75k points, but for my next vacation, I need about 130k points for my redemption. Thanks for posting the 30-60 day strategy. My problem is, I cannot cancel today. I just did a $3k spend on the card and paid the bill. I need to wait for a statement cycle to post my points (and my extra elite night credit) before cancelling, which means I'm hoping this deal is still good 4 months from now.

My only thinking about their "marketing strategy" is that they're only interested in signing up new people. They already know if you're an existing card holder, they're doing something right to keep you. Based on what I'm reading, many people already threw in the towel and took the 10k/20k upgrade.
Old May 19, 2018, 9:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Too many to list
Mod Hat On--

The last two posts were moved into this thread: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chas...er-5000-a.html

This thread is about Upgrade Offers so let's stay on topic, please.

Other discussions should take place here: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chas...er-5000-a.html

Thanks.

Mod Hat Off--

Last edited by philemer; May 19, 2018 at 9:48 am
Old May 20, 2018, 7:50 am

Programs: IHG Spire Ambassador, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, Bonvoy Titanium, UA Silver, RR A-List
Upgrade site down for everyone?
Old May 20, 2018, 7:51 am

Programs: HH Diamond, Sixt Platinum, IHG Spire Ambassador, Marriott/SPG Gold .....
Originally Posted by kerrigjl
Upgrade site down for everyone?
for me it is
Old May 21, 2018, 3:09 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Milege+, SkyMiles, AAdvantage, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by geo1005
Not yet... Upgrade request on Friday May 4th with email confirm received saying it may take "up to four business days" for the benefits to show up (in addition to a new card arriving in the mail).
My new card arrived today. Everything went pretty much according to the online information they gave me.
Account upgrade took 4 business days.
Card arrived 12 days later.
Old May 23, 2018, 7:51 am

Do they do a hard credit pull for the upgrade?

Anyone attempt to call and ask for a better upgrade bonus? Reddit shows some people are getting 50k!! I've had my card since 2015 and I'm only being offered $10k.
Old May 23, 2018, 8:04 am

Programs: HH Diamond, Sixt Platinum, IHG Spire Ambassador, Marriott/SPG Gold .....
Originally Posted by justinh20
Do they do a hard credit pull for the upgrade?

Anyone attempt to call and ask for a better upgrade bonus? Reddit shows some people are getting 50k!! I've had my card since 2015 and I'm only being offered $10k.
I had my cards for years too and my offer .... nothing ... no offer at all
Old May 23, 2018, 2:29 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Milege+, SkyMiles, AAdvantage, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Gold
Check your accounts for the correct upgrade points

The following link reports that others are experiencing problems receiving the number of upgrade points promised by Chase:
https://www.doctorofcredit.com/psa-c...grade-bonuses/
Old May 23, 2018, 9:07 pm

Dumb question but upgrading has no effect on 5/24 right?
Old May 23, 2018, 10:51 pm

Programs: Marrtiot, Delta
They offered me 50,000 points so I took it. No brainier there.
Old May 27, 2018, 11:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by GiantCow
Dumb question but upgrading has no effect on 5/24 right?
Chase determines your 5/24 count by looking at your credit report for all bank card accounts (either currently open or currently closed) with "opened on" dates in the past 24 months. Do you expect your upgrade to result in a brand new "opened on" date???
Old May 27, 2018, 3:37 pm

Originally Posted by sdsearch
Chase determines your 5/24 count by looking at your credit report for all bank card accounts (either currently open or currently closed) with "opened on" dates in the past 24 months. Do you expect your upgrade to result in a brand new "opened on" date???
Yes. Why else would I ask???
Old May 27, 2018, 6:54 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum & 2MM, Marriott Lifetime TIT, Hertz Pres Club, IHG Gold, *A Gold
Originally Posted by dickey1331
They offered me 50,000 points so I took it. No brainier there.
Why is it a no brainer?

Wouldn't you rather have 100,000 points for canceling and opening a new card?
Old May 27, 2018, 7:59 pm

Originally Posted by CO-PLAT
Why is it a no brainer?

Wouldn't you rather have 100,000 points for canceling and opening a new card?
it is a no brained as the new card app will be worth more than 50k points (5/24, AAOA,....)
Old May 29, 2018, 10:43 pm

Programs: UA 1MM, Marriott LTP, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Hertz PC
Not sure if this was already answered. I have the original Marriott Chase Card and I'm due to get 15 elite qualifying nights on Nov 1 this year. If I upgrade to the Chase Marriott Premier PLUS card, will I still get the 15 nights this year? (The description for this new card says the 15 elite nights are coming in 2019.)

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.