Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Chase Marriott Premier PLUS - post your upgrade offers

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 3, 2018, 11:43 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: eknock007
Link for upgrade offers: https://www.chase.com/chasegreatrewards/catchall

Offers reported as of 5/3:
Points are to be received after one purchase. Offer is good to yearend

Offers as of 10/9:
Chase is starting to increase offer to 50k, up from 20k and 10k. Check your in-boxes.
Print Wikipost

Chase Marriott Premier PLUS - post your upgrade offers

Search this Thread

Old May 10, 2018, 6:10 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Milege+, SkyMiles, AAdvantage, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by kerrigjl
Has anyone who took an upgrade offer yet seen a change to their account?
No. Requested upgrade May 3.
Old May 10, 2018, 6:25 pm

I'm curious how one would tell (aside from waiting to see how many points they get from a generic purchase).
Old May 11, 2018, 1:53 pm

Programs: BA Gold, American Airlines, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond
Not yet... Upgrade request on Friday May 4th with email confirm received saying it may take "up to four business days" for the benefits to show up (in addition to a new card arriving in the mail).
Old May 11, 2018, 1:59 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Sixt Platinum, IHG Spire Ambassador, Marriott/SPG Gold .....
Still no offer for me. Maybe because I have two cards (one due to PC)?
Old May 11, 2018, 2:35 pm
Original Poster

Today I received an email offering me 20K up to 5 times for every referral I make to get sign ups for the Marriott Premier Plus card. Also when I click on benefits in my Chase Marriott account I get the Premier Plus benefits. I went ahead and made my first purchase since requesting upgrade. I wouldn’t expect to see the bonus they offered me though until my next statement closes.
Old May 11, 2018, 5:57 pm
hts

Programs: AA EP, USAir Chairman, MR Lifetime Plat
20k. Cancelled it. Will wait 40 days (she said it normally takes 30-60 for the card to roll off credit reports) to apply tor it again with the 100k bonus. I have an MBA, but I don't understand their marketing department. Maybe someone smarter can explain their thinking on this one to me?
CO-PLAT likes this.
Old May 11, 2018, 10:12 pm

Programs: AA-LT Gold 1.2MM ,DL, Marriott LT TITANIUM; HH Gold, AMEX PLT
Originally Posted by eajusa
Today I received an email offering me 20K up to 5 times for every referral I make to get sign ups for the Marriott Premier Plus card. Also when I click on benefits in my Chase Marriott account I get the Premier Plus benefits. I went ahead and made my first purchase since requesting upgrade. I wouldn’t expect to see the bonus they offered me though until my next statement closes.
How old is your card, and are you willing to cancel and reapply for 100k?
Had the card for at least 8 years. Don’t want to cancel since I recently got a Chase Sapphire Reserve less than 24 months ago.
Old May 12, 2018, 8:29 am

Programs: Hilton Plastic, Delta Silver Emeritus
Originally Posted by nall
I'm curious how one would tell (aside from waiting to see how many points they get from a generic purchase).
Add the card to xxxx Pay through the phone app.

It it shows up as the new card.

Then get 20K for a drugstore purchase.

​​​​​​​I understand and those of you canceling and reapplying. Chase won’t let me apply for new cards.
Old May 14, 2018, 5:09 pm

Never received any kind of confirmation email nor have I received a new card yet, but I made a small purchase late last week and today it posted with 10,000 extra bonus points.
Old May 14, 2018, 7:45 pm
Original Poster

I just checked my account online with Chase. I clicked on the first purchase I made since upgrading. It says that I will receive 2X points plus 10K for the upgrade. However, when I applied for the upgrade, Chase told me it would be 20K points. Will wait to see what actually is addded to my Marriott account before putting myself through the calling Chase drudgery.
Old May 16, 2018, 5:43 pm

Programs: UA 1K/1MM; Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist,
10k offered here. Have had the card for over ten years, I will cancel it instead. Waiting to see what if anything offered on my SPG Amex. May cancel that as well. I will be Lifetime PP and don’t need the elite credits.
Old May 17, 2018, 1:11 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold, Marriott Lifetime Gold, National Executive Elite
I've had the card for several years, but my anniversary is in November, so I haven't yet received this year's 15 nights credit nor free night certificate. I don't have an upgrade offer either. If I cancel, wait 30-60 days, and reapply for the 100k bonus (assuming it's still offered then), I'll be missing out on the 15 nights credit for this calendar year. Anything else I'm missing?
Old May 17, 2018, 1:39 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by eajusa
I just checked my account online with Chase. I clicked on the first purchase I made since upgrading. It says that I will receive 2X points plus 10K for the upgrade. However, when I applied for the upgrade, Chase told me it would be 20K points. Will wait to see what actually is addded to my Marriott account before putting myself through the calling Chase drudgery.
Called last night. CSR told me it was a glitch in their system. I will receive the 20K after statement closes.
Old May 17, 2018, 5:39 pm
Original Member

My wife and I both got 20,000 offers. We took them. Both got emails today saying that the new cards were on the way.
Old May 17, 2018, 9:22 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Titanuim/Lifetime Platinum, Hilton Gold, United Silver
I was offered 10k points for the upgrade. Have had the card for probably 4-5 years. I am thinking of keeping the card till I get my next free night and the annual fee is due and have my wife apply for the new card with me as the authorized user and then transfer the points to my account. I did get the email a few days ago about the 20k points for a referral and when I clicked on it and put my information in it said the offer was not available for my account. Has anyone who got the referral link for the 20k points been able to use it?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.