Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Chase Marriott Premier PLUS - post your upgrade offers

Old May 3, 2018, 11:43 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: eknock007
Link for upgrade offers: https://www.chase.com/chasegreatrewards/catchall

Offers reported as of 5/3:
Points are to be received after one purchase. Offer is good to yearend

Offers as of 10/9:
Chase is starting to increase offer to 50k, up from 20k and 10k. Check your in-boxes.
Print Wikipost

Chase Marriott Premier PLUS - post your upgrade offers

Old May 5, 2018, 8:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by frankhi
Any down side to upgrading? I don't see any.
It completely depends on what you're interested in. If you have no need of elite nights from the card, there's probably little down side to upgrading.

But if you value earning 1 elite night for every $3000 of spend, you lose that feature when you upgrade. So yes, there is a down side, but mostly only for those who care about using spend to get elite nights.
Old May 6, 2018, 2:29 pm

Originally Posted by jeanie
A post in another thread got me to look at the terms and conditions of the upgrade. This is what I found.

While we all know the answers from phone agents can be unreliable, I decided to give them a call. He did put me on hold to talk to a supervisor, for what that is worth.

In my case, my annual fee will be billed in January, but if I upgrade now, I won't get the free night until May. This is specifically because a product change generates a new anniversary date at the time of the product change. So right now, my anniversary is when my annual fee is billed. But if I took the upgrade offer today, that anniversary date would change to today's date.

The fact that the terms and conditions above are worded they way they are backs up what the rep told me. I will probably wait until late in the year now before I decide whether to upgrade the card. I was planning on canceling when the annual fee was due. However, I also need more points for LTPP. So I will reevaluate the decision in November to judge how badly I need the 10K.
I just opened the old Marriott Premier in April. So if I choose to upgrade in October, then that means I have to wait an additional 5 months to get the free night award certificate in 2019, but yet I will be billed the annual fee next April. If so, seems like the best course of action is to upgrade as soon as possible, then decide whether to cancel this card before April 2019.
Old May 6, 2018, 3:07 pm

Programs: AA plt 2 mm, Marriott LTT, HH dia
Originally Posted by sdsearch
Which website says that?

I looked at an application website for the Business Marriott card, and I didn't see anything like that. I logged into my Business Marriott account, and I don't see anything about benefits there at all (it's the old interface).
This website from Marriott for the new program says that. Drag the mouse over the card in the middle, the Marriott Premier Business Visa, and it says new benefits are coming in August. But I don't know what those benefits are.

Marriott Rewards Credit Cards

There are also 2 credit cards that seem new on that page on the right hand side. The first is a Marriott Consumer Credit Card with a $45 annual fee. Then there is another Marriott Business Card with a $45 annual fee.
Old May 7, 2018, 5:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by jeanie
There are also 2 credit cards that seem new on that page on the right hand side. The first is a Marriott Consumer Credit Card with a $45 annual fee. Then there is another Marriott Business Card with a $45 annual fee.
I don't think those are new. Chase, in fact, does not have the right to market a new-program Business card going forward (meaning after August? or after January 2019?), Amex has those rights.

I think those are cards that have been around a long time, but were not cards considered worth getting by most people (3x instead of 5x at Marriott brand properties, and probably no signup bonus ever), so almost never discussed on FT.

The card on the left is the only one with a "new" on top of it, and I suspect it's the only truly new card on that page.
Old May 8, 2018, 9:54 am

Programs: IHG Spire Ambassador, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, Bonvoy Titanium, UA Silver, RR A-List
https://www.reddit.com/r/churning/co..._name=churning

A compiled data set of over 150 offers in an attempt to determine what determines which offer is given to whom.

Last edited by kerrigjl; May 8, 2018 at 10:39 am
Old May 8, 2018, 6:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by kerrigjl
https://www.reddit.com/r/churning/co..._name=churning

A compiled data set of over 150 offers in an attempt to determine what determines which offer is given to whom.
So the big (presumably unanswerable) question, for those who just recently got the existing non-Plus Marriott Premier card, is whether waiting until you've had it about 2 years will increase the size of your offer, or whether they'll get rid of upgrade offers by then. (The critical thing about 2 years i that since they seem to be considering both of the these as the same card for signup bonus qualification terms, you'd presumably have to wait 2 years since you got the bonus on the existing non-Plus Marriott Premier card before you could cancel that one and then apply for the new Marriott Premier Plus outright.)
Old May 8, 2018, 8:41 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum & 2MM, Marriott Lifetime TIT, Hertz Pres Club, IHG Gold, *A Gold
10,000. I canceled it.
Old May 9, 2018, 1:36 am

20,000 for me. Debating since a new app would require more spend than I'd like to make on this card.
Old May 9, 2018, 7:48 am

Has anyone had the points actually post to their rewards account yet??
Old May 9, 2018, 7:51 pm

Programs: Hyatt Glb, MR Plat
AF just posted on 5/1 and have a 20k offer. Any DP’s yet on how this upgrade will be treated? e.g. charged another AF?
Old May 9, 2018, 9:11 pm

Programs: AA plt 2 mm, Marriott LTT, HH dia
Originally Posted by frudd38
AF just posted on 5/1 and have a 20k offer. Any DPs yet on how this upgrade will be treated? e.g. charged another AF?
At this point, I think the worst thing that would happen is that your $85 annual fee on the Premier card would be refunded, then you would be charged the $95 annual fee for the Premier Plus. I can't image a scenario where they charge you $180 for the year.

Best case scenario is that you end up paying $85 for the first year of the Premier Plus. But it's only a $10 difference. If you try it, please post your results.
Old May 10, 2018, 9:26 am

Programs: AA-LT Gold 1.2MM ,DL, Marriott LT TITANIUM; HH Gold, AMEX PLT
If you already have lifetime Platinum and will become LPP in August and only received a 10,000 point offer to upgrade, is it worth it?
Old May 10, 2018, 10:13 am

Programs: IHG Spire Ambassador, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, Bonvoy Titanium, UA Silver, RR A-List
Originally Posted by tbrein
If you already have lifetime Platinum and will become LPP in August and only received a 10,000 point offer to upgrade, is it worth it?
How old is your card, and are you willing to cancel and reapply for 100k?
Old May 10, 2018, 10:15 am

Programs: Amex Plat, AA Exec, CITI Prestige, Hilton Gold, Marriot Gold and all ever changing
20K. Took it.
Old May 10, 2018, 5:21 pm

Has anyone who took an upgrade offer yet seen a change to their account?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.