Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Chase Marriott Premier PLUS - post your upgrade offers

Chase Marriott Premier PLUS - post your upgrade offers

    Hide Wikipost
Old Oct 18, 18, 4:26 am   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.
 
Last edit by: eknock007
Wiki Link
Link for upgrade offers: https://www.chase.com/chasegreatrewards/catchall

Offers reported as of 5/3:
10,000
20,000
Points are to be received after one purchase. Offer is good to yearend

Offers as of 10/9:
Chase is starting to increase offer to 50k, up from 20k and 10k. Check your in-boxes.
Print Wikipost

Reply

Old Oct 24, 18, 12:41 pm
  #136  
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Programs: Marriott Plat, AS MVP, National Executive Elite
Posts: 213
Originally Posted by miadukes View Post
Yeah, Im not worred about nights since I hardly ever stay at marriott but i would like the 50k points, but i dont understand because i thought this card had the 15 nights also? confused.
From what I recall, the 15 nights will only kick in starting next year if you obtained the card prior to Dec 31st this year. I need the 15 nights this year from the old card and they haven't hit yet since my anniversary date is towards the end of November. So I'm waiting to get those 15 nights posted before taking the hopefully-still-available 50k points.
mroseman13 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 24, 18, 1:31 pm
  #137  
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 937
Originally Posted by miadukes View Post
So I wanted to ask here and see if anybody has the same deal as me. Admittedly, I haven't kept up with all the Marriott/SPG cards and changes and new cards. I currently hold the Marriott Rewards Business Card. Today I received an email for an upgrade for 50k to the Marriott Rewards Premier Plus Card. How can they offer me an upgrade from business to personal? I see that there is a business version but nowhere on the email does it say business.
Are there pros and cons to upgrading? Other than the higher annual fee, what is the difference?
If it makes a difference since i saw a couple posts before this, my annual fee hit on July 1. So will this change and now I have to wait a few more months for my free night?
I also received this -- but I received an error message when submitting my information on the upgrade site.

Sending out "upgrade" offers to everyone with a business card seems like a rather significant error...
sdsearch likes this.
trouble747 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 24, 18, 2:38 pm
  #138  
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: FL, USA
Programs: AA Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Choice Plat, Hyatt Discoverist
Posts: 1,360
Originally Posted by mroseman13 View Post
From what I recall, the 15 nights will only kick in starting next year if you obtained the card prior to Dec 31st this year. I need the 15 nights this year from the old card and they haven't hit yet since my anniversary date is towards the end of November. So I'm waiting to get those 15 nights posted before taking the hopefully-still-available 50k points.
Gotcha, I know I kept reading about it but wasn't sure. Yeah, the 15 nights don't make a difference to me so I was trying to see if it was "worth it".
Originally Posted by trouble747 View Post
I also received this -- but I received an error message when submitting my information on the upgrade site.

Sending out "upgrade" offers to everyone with a business card seems like a rather significant error...
I figured it was in error but what a bummer as I would love to have 50k for a single purchase. I will try when I get home now anyway.
miadukes is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 24, 18, 5:37 pm
  #139  
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Posts: 408
Does anyone know if the bonus points from the old marriott card would be affected when u accept the offer to the new card?
BuBu4 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 25, 18, 7:43 pm
  #140  
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Iowa
Posts: 445
I recently received the 50k bonus offer for upgrading.

I have read some of the earlier posts in this thread and at that time people weren't sure when they would get their free anniversary night. Has that been figured out yet? Will we get our free anniversary night one-year after we upgrade or will it be at our present (before upgrading) anniversary date?

Thanks.
iowa guy is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 26, 18, 4:52 am
  #141  
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: C1, C1.5 C2
Programs: aa ua dl jb starwood marriott hyatt
Posts: 329
Considering the 50000 upgrade but am concerned about losing the travel insurance though I've never used it and not sure
how difficult it is to use. Anyone have experience using it good or bad?

Has the prorating of the annual fee been fair?

Annual fee posts in Feb but points only available if purchase by Dec. So looks like anniversary will change to Nov or Dec so will lose anniversary night from Feb to next Nov or Dec.

Last edited by anngi; Oct 26, 18 at 5:16 am
anngi is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 26, 18, 8:21 am
  #142  
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Posts: 42
I originally had an upgrade offer of 10,000 points, but I passed because it wasn't worth delaying the anniversary award night. Like others, my offer recently was bumped up to 50,000 points, and I accepted. However, when I made the necessary purchase to trigger the bonus, only 10,000 points were attached to the transaction as an upgrade bonus. I've already reached out to Chase to hopefully rectify this (and I have screenshots of the larger offer), but I was curious if this was happening to anyone else who had their offer increase.
RMZ2006 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 26, 18, 10:21 am
  #143  
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Iowa
Posts: 445
I'm trying to upgrade, this morning, using the link from Marriott in my email. Each time I try I get this message: We are sorry. We are unable to process your request at this time.
For further assistance, please call the number on the back of your card.



Did anyone else get that?
iowa guy is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 26, 18, 1:02 pm
  #144  
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Posts: 42
Originally Posted by RMZ2006 View Post
I originally had an upgrade offer of 10,000 points, but I passed because it wasn't worth delaying the anniversary award night. Like others, my offer recently was bumped up to 50,000 points, and I accepted. However, when I made the necessary purchase to trigger the bonus, only 10,000 points were attached to the transaction as an upgrade bonus. I've already reached out to Chase to hopefully rectify this (and I have screenshots of the larger offer), but I was curious if this was happening to anyone else who had their offer increase.
Following up, I was told via Secure Message that the 10,000 points were applied immediately and the remaining 40,000 should appear within six to eight weeks. No idea why that's necessary, but there you go.
RMZ2006 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 26, 18, 6:54 pm
  #145  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: home = LAX
Posts: 23,513
Originally Posted by BuBu4 View Post
Does anyone know if the bonus points from the old marriott card would be affected when u accept the offer to the new card?
Which bonus points are you asking about?
sdsearch is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 26, 18, 10:23 pm
  #146  
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Posts: 408
Originally Posted by sdsearch View Post
Which bonus points are you asking about?
i was still on my 120k for 12k MSR bonus. I just finished it off though, gonna upgrade to the new card for 50k.
was wondering what happens if i upgrade in the middle of my MSR.
BuBu4 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 27, 18, 7:45 am
  #147  
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Iowa
Posts: 445
How did you apply for your upgrade?
iowa guy is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 28, 18, 11:32 am
  #148  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: home = LAX
Posts: 23,513
Originally Posted by BuBu4 View Post
i was still on my 120k for 12k MSR bonus. I just finished it off though, gonna upgrade to the new card for 50k.
was wondering what happens if i upgrade in the middle of my MSR.
Technically, you won't have the card you had when you did the spend when the bonus is due if you upgrade before it posts, and if you read the T&Cs of the bonus it probably says you must still the card open for the bonus to post. So IMHO I would wait for the bonus to post before you upgrade, if you don't want to risk losing the previous bonus.

Chase seems to desperate to get people to upgrade form the old card to the new card, so given that, I don't see why the upgrade bonuses would disappear soon.
sdsearch is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 28, 18, 2:14 pm
  #149  
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Posts: 408
Originally Posted by sdsearch View Post
Technically, you won't have the card you had when you did the spend when the bonus is due if you upgrade before it posts, and if you read the T&Cs of the bonus it probably says you must still the card open for the bonus to post. So IMHO I would wait for the bonus to post before you upgrade, if you don't want to risk losing the previous bonus.

Chase seems to desperate to get people to upgrade form the old card to the new card, so given that, I don't see why the upgrade bonuses would disappear soon.
good point, ill upgrade when my points post. just finished my MSR. I think the upgrade end date is 12/31 anyways.
thanks.
BuBu4 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 29, 18, 2:10 am
  #150  
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Programs: AA plt 2 mm, Marriott LTT, HH dia
Posts: 1,189
I originally got the 10K offer, and just checked again online. Now I have the 50K offer, and I upgraded. I never got email notifications of either offer.

edited:

After reading the terms again, since I had the Premier card for less than a year, it says I will get a one time refund of the $95 annual fee. The way I read this, I might get this new card with no additional annual fee for the next year. That sounds like a really good deal! Instead of a 25K certificate that expires in a year, I will have 50K to use as I want. I'm glad I didn't take the 10K offer!

Last edited by jeanie; Oct 29, 18 at 12:24 pm
jeanie is offline  
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Search this Thread