Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Chase Marriott Premier PLUS 75,000 Point Bonus after $5000

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 3, 2018, 8:20 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jeanie
What's the best current offers?
  • 100,000 Marriott Rewards Points: After $5K spend in 3 months, with $95 annual fee (not waived the first year) Offer ends July 5, 2018
  • Anniversary Free Night Award: Valid for a one night hotel stay at a property with a redemption level up to 35,000 Marriott points.
  • Automatic Silver Elite Status: With your Marriott Rewards Premier Plus Credit Card, you are given automatic Silver Elite Status.
OR:
  • $200 Statement Credit: After first purchase in your first three months from account opening.
  • 2 FREE NIGHT AWARDS (each valued up to 35,000 points): After you spend $3,000 on purchases in your first three months from account opening.
  • Annual Fee Waived first year; then $95 per year.
  • Anniversary Free Night Award: Valid for a one night hotel stay at a property with a redemption level up to 35,000 Marriott points.
  • Automatic Silver Elite Status: With your Marriott Rewards Premier Plus Credit Card, you are given automatic Silver Elite Status.

Offer not available to those who already have the Chase Marriott Rewards credit card, but an upgrade offer may be available to you.
Print Wikipost

Chase Marriott Premier PLUS 75,000 Point Bonus after $5000

Search this Thread

Old May 3, 2018, 11:46 am

Originally Posted by fayraree
I would close my Premier right away were it not for the 15 night credit I’m expecting first week of July. That would push me up to 750 nights stayed before August 1 so I can achieve the LTPP status.

Thats the the only reason I’m keeping my Premier CC open. As soon as I reach my anniversary I will close the account (hopefully they don’t cancel the 15 nights!) and get the new Premier+ CC.

If I lose out on the 100k bonus that would suck, over the next 2 months. Do you guys think that’s likely? How long do such bonus periods typically last?

Also, my planned stays in 2018 will easily push me to the LTPP by late August, rendering the 15 nights credit pretty much useless. I was only thinking it might be important to hit that threshold before Aug. 1. If that’s not necessary then I might as well close the CC now.

Decisions, decisions!
I'm in the exact same boat. I get the 15 nights and anniversary cert in mid june. The certificate takes some time I think to post which means I'd want to cancel the card in late june and sign up for the new one to get the 100k bonus. I'm just hoping that bonus doesn't disappear in the next couple months.
Old May 3, 2018, 11:48 am

Originally Posted by nall
Correct. That's even in the T&C on one of the pages for it.
You can cancel your card and sign up for the new one to be eligible for the bonus.
Old May 3, 2018, 1:33 pm
mav

Programs: Hilton, marriott, IHG, Club Carlson, United Airlines,timeshare owner
I called Chase twice today, and the only way to get the 100,000 point sign up bonus is to cancel the existing card, wait 60 days, then apply for the new one. That is exactly what I did. The clock is ticking for my 100,000 points
Old May 3, 2018, 1:38 pm

Originally Posted by mav
I called Chase twice today, and the only way to get the 100,000 point sign up bonus is to cancel the existing card, wait 60 days, then apply for the new one. That is exactly what I did. The clock is ticking for my 100,000 points
Wait really? This is interesting as this hasn't been reported anywhere. Why 60 days? Also, there's no guarantee that the 100k offer will still be around in 60 days.
Old May 3, 2018, 2:54 pm

Programs: AA ExecPlat, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Explorist
Will the legacy card continue to earn 15 elite night credits outside of the "max 15, regardless of CC" constraint on the new card, or was that just a typographical fail in that they didn't asterisk it for restrictions like they did on the new card side of the promo graphic?

Only reason I would not take the upgrade offer would be if I can continue to have multiple 15 night credits via CC.
Old May 3, 2018, 7:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by mav
So the card you just cancelled, you got it more than 2.5 years ago? Because if more recently than that, you might well have to wait much longer. (You'll be denied the bonus if you apply less than 24 months since you got the bonus on the previous card.) And the 100,000 points offer says 'for a limited time", so it may be gone anyway by the time your wait expires.
Old May 3, 2018, 7:53 pm

From DoC, another offer: $3,000 MSR in 3 months, 2 free nights (up to 35k), $200 statement credit and first year AF waived

https://creditcards.chase.com/a1/mar...67RW&SPID=FSCB
Old May 3, 2018, 8:21 pm

Originally Posted by Troopers
From DoC, another offer: $3,000 MSR in 3 months, 2 free nights (up to 35k), $200 statement credit and first year AF waived

This is an interesting offer. Equally competitive to the 100K offer. Two solid choices for anyone thinking of applying ! ^
Old May 3, 2018, 8:24 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium Elite, Delta Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by mav
yeah 60 days. I’m confused...what’s the logic behind that?
Old May 3, 2018, 10:12 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium Elite, Delta Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by mav
so I was just told by a chase agent that I just need to wait 3-5 business days after canceling, until I apply for the premier plus card. I keep pushing her and she checked really thorough, asked her boss etc.

So, I went ahead and cancelled my premier tonight and I’ll appmy for the premier plus in a week.
Old May 3, 2018, 10:34 pm

Programs: AA plt 2 mm, Marriott LTT, HH dia
Originally Posted by mav
Originally Posted by alrvd83

so I was just told by a chase agent that I just need to wait 3-5 business days after canceling, until I apply for the premier plus card. I keep pushing her and she checked really thorough, asked her boss etc.

So, I went ahead and cancelled my premier tonight and I’ll appmy for the premier plus in a week.
Yes, it is very common, and frustrating, to have different agents say different things.

Earlier this year, I canceled my old Marriott Premier card. Then about a week later, I applied for and got approved on a new one. This was right before the 80K offer was taken down. I also was able to add an authorized user for an additional bonus, and was offered 10k to upgrade to Premier Plus. All of that gets pretty close to the current Premier Plus offer, but I only had to meet a spend of $3000. Of course, I wanted a bigger upgrade offer, but that's life sometimes.
Old May 3, 2018, 11:21 pm
LAX

Programs: OZ Diamond
Originally Posted by Troopers

Is this offer also subjected to the 24 month window even though it's technically not a "bonus points" offer? I am holding the old Premier CC that I applied a year ago and haven't checked my upgrade offer although it's unlikely I will get anything better than 20K (even that may not be the case).

LAX
Old May 4, 2018, 5:48 am

Originally Posted by Ord Liza
Is it unusual for the product, as opposed to the bonus points, to be unavailable to current card holders?
That's regular way for Chase cards.
Old May 4, 2018, 10:00 am
Suspended

Is this card subjected to Chase 5/24 rule like the previous Marriott though?
Old May 4, 2018, 10:12 am

Programs: AA HH Gold SPG Gold BA
Originally Posted by 9Benua
Is this card subjected to Chase 5/24 rule like the previous Marriott though?

​​​​​​​my question exactly.....??

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.