Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Chase Marriott Premier PLUS 75,000 Point Bonus after $5000

Old May 3, 2018, 8:20 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jeanie
What's the best current offers?
  • 100,000 Marriott Rewards Points: After $5K spend in 3 months, with $95 annual fee (not waived the first year) Offer ends July 5, 2018
  • Anniversary Free Night Award: Valid for a one night hotel stay at a property with a redemption level up to 35,000 Marriott points.
  • Automatic Silver Elite Status: With your Marriott Rewards Premier Plus Credit Card, you are given automatic Silver Elite Status.
OR:
  • $200 Statement Credit: After first purchase in your first three months from account opening.
  • 2 FREE NIGHT AWARDS (each valued up to 35,000 points): After you spend $3,000 on purchases in your first three months from account opening.
  • Annual Fee Waived first year; then $95 per year.
  • Anniversary Free Night Award: Valid for a one night hotel stay at a property with a redemption level up to 35,000 Marriott points.
  • Automatic Silver Elite Status: With your Marriott Rewards Premier Plus Credit Card, you are given automatic Silver Elite Status.

Offer not available to those who already have the Chase Marriott Rewards credit card, but an upgrade offer may be available to you.
Print Wikipost

Old May 2, 2018, 5:16 pm
Original Poster

Chase Marriott Premier Plus is 100,000 points after $5,000 in spend

https://creditcards.chase.com/marriott/apply
Old May 2, 2018, 5:23 pm

Card not available to existing Marriott card holders.

This is purportedly the link for upgrades:
http://marriottrewards.com/upgrade (which links to https://www.chase.com/chasegreatrewards/catchall)

However, it doesn't appear to work yet.
Elana Broch likes this.
Old May 2, 2018, 5:33 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Reference:

The product is not available to either (i) current cardmembers of the Marriott Rewards Premier or Marriott Rewards Premier Plus credit card, or (ii) previous cardmembers of the Marriott Rewards Premier or Marriott Rewards Premier Plus credit card who received a new cardmember bonus within the last 24 months.
Old May 2, 2018, 8:23 pm

I have an existing Chase Marriott Rewards card (neither Premier nor Premier Plus), so I applied and got the 'we have to research your application' page.
Oley likes this.
Old May 2, 2018, 9:06 pm

Is it unusual for the product, as opposed to the bonus points, to be unavailable to current card holders?
Old May 2, 2018, 9:14 pm

The terms and conditions for this new card state that the maximum yearly elite night credit regardless of what cards you hold is 15 a year. I’m worried that this is an across the board new policy for Marriott and that anyone trying to hold onto the old card to get the extra night credit for every $3k spent is going to be out of luck. They will have to amend terms of existing card to apply same language to it but I think they have the right to do so and will.
Old May 2, 2018, 9:53 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Explorist
Functionally, what's the difference between the new card and the old one?

A quick scan of the Chase pages -- appears to be $95 AF (vs. $85 on old card), 6x vs. 5x at Marriotts, free night (35k point value vs Cat 1-5) ... I'm assuming the status is basically the same -- what else am I missing?
Old May 2, 2018, 10:02 pm

Programs: AA, AS, CI, DL, UA
Originally Posted by Polytonic
Functionally, what's the difference between the new card and the old one?

A quick scan of the Chase pages -- appears to be $95 AF (vs. $85 on old card), 6x vs. 5x at Marriotts, free night (35k point value vs Cat 1-5) ... I'm assuming the status is basically the same -- what else am I missing?
2x for all spending rather than 2x Travel, Restaurant and 1x everything else.
Old May 2, 2018, 10:03 pm

Old May 2, 2018, 11:32 pm
formerly known as s2kdriver80

Programs: Delta SkyMiles, SPG, Marriott Rewards, Amex MR, Chase UR
So... I guess this new "Premier Plus" card isn't considered a different product that current holders of the "Premier" can take advantage of the 100k-point signup bonus?
Old May 3, 2018, 5:24 am

Originally Posted by s2kdriver80
So... I guess this new "Premier Plus" card isn't considered a different product that current holders of the "Premier" can take advantage of the 100k-point signup bonus?
Correct. That's even in the T&C on one of the pages for it.
Old May 3, 2018, 5:59 am

Programs: Marriott PLT (LTPP), SPG PLT (LTG), AA EXP, UA 1K, Delta silver, Hertz PC
I would close my Premier right away were it not for the 15 night credit I’m expecting first week of July. That would push me up to 750 nights stayed before August 1 so I can achieve the LTPP status.

Thats the the only reason I’m keeping my Premier CC open. As soon as I reach my anniversary I will close the account (hopefully they don’t cancel the 15 nights!) and get the new Premier+ CC.

If I lose out on the 100k bonus that would suck, over the next 2 months. Do you guys think that’s likely? How long do such bonus periods typically last?

Also, my planned stays in 2018 will easily push me to the LTPP by late August, rendering the 15 nights credit pretty much useless. I was only thinking it might be important to hit that threshold before Aug. 1. If that’s not necessary then I might as well close the CC now.

Decisions, decisions!
Old May 3, 2018, 6:27 am
dw

Programs: DL Plat, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond Amb
Interesting how it specifically highlights that the new card does not have trip cancellation/interruption insurance.
Old May 3, 2018, 9:18 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Moderator action

Please list and discuss UPGRADE offers in this separate thread:

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chas...de-offers.html
Old May 3, 2018, 10:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by nall
So if you're mostly interested in using the card to help you get to the new Platinum level (currentlycalled Gold level but getting renamed in August), ie the 50 night level, or above, the existing $85 Premier card is better (because of the $3000=1 night feature that's missing from the new card), but if you're mostly interested in a wider use of the free night cert, the $95 Premier Plus card is better.

But keep in mind that the business card coming from Amex in August will feature the same expanded free night cert, and the "super premium" card coming from Amex in August will feature an even more expanded free night cert than the Premier Plus does.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.