Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Chase Marriott Premier PLUS 75,000 Point Bonus after $5000

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 3, 2018, 8:20 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jeanie
What's the best current offers?
  • 100,000 Marriott Rewards Points: After $5K spend in 3 months, with $95 annual fee (not waived the first year) Offer ends July 5, 2018
  • Anniversary Free Night Award: Valid for a one night hotel stay at a property with a redemption level up to 35,000 Marriott points.
  • Automatic Silver Elite Status: With your Marriott Rewards Premier Plus Credit Card, you are given automatic Silver Elite Status.
OR:
  • $200 Statement Credit: After first purchase in your first three months from account opening.
  • 2 FREE NIGHT AWARDS (each valued up to 35,000 points): After you spend $3,000 on purchases in your first three months from account opening.
  • Annual Fee Waived first year; then $95 per year.
  • Anniversary Free Night Award: Valid for a one night hotel stay at a property with a redemption level up to 35,000 Marriott points.
  • Automatic Silver Elite Status: With your Marriott Rewards Premier Plus Credit Card, you are given automatic Silver Elite Status.

Offer not available to those who already have the Chase Marriott Rewards credit card, but an upgrade offer may be available to you.
Print Wikipost

Chase Marriott Premier PLUS 75,000 Point Bonus after $5000

Search this Thread

Old May 7, 2018, 4:36 am
mav

Programs: Hilton, marriott, IHG, Club Carlson, United Airlines,timeshare owner
Originally Posted by mustardboy
Does anyone have a guess to how long this offer will be alive?
I have called about 5 times now and each rep says they have no idea how long the 100,000 offer will be on the table. Now, on another note, when I called yesterday, a rep said if I pay off the amount that I owe immediately, which I did , as a special payment, wait 10 days and reapply. She said just be sure I haven't had an offer for the Premier card in the last 24months. I have had this card for 6 years so no problem. She checked with lending dept. and according to them then I should be able to get the card and the 100,000 point bonus. I am as confused as ever after so may calls and different answers . So far, 4 said wait 60 days, and 1 said 10 days... has anyone else called Chase about all this?? Help J.P. Does anyone at Chase really know what is going on??

Last edited by mav; May 7, 2018 at 4:42 am
Old May 7, 2018, 8:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Too many to list
Reports trickling in that this card is NOT subject to 5/24 (HT: DOC Blog).
SanDiego1K likes this.
Old May 7, 2018, 12:38 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Bonvoy LTTE, HH Dia, HY Expl
As a longtime Starwood Platinum and loyalist, I've never had a Chase MR card. (earnings opportunities were higher on numerous other cards) With the combination of the programs looming, I am trying to decide if I want to take advantage of the 100k signup offer or if I want to wait and see what Amex will offer as a signup bonus on their Starwood Luxury Amex. (I've held the SPG Amex for as long as I can remember.) Why am I hesitating? The Amex card will offer a free night up to the 50k award level and I am somewhat concerned that I might have issues finding redemptions on 35k award level offered on the Chase product.

Anyone taking a similar approach? Or are those in a similar situation applying for the card? There will be no benefit to holding both Chase and the Amex product (other than getting two nights annually) so I really don't want to get both.
Old May 7, 2018, 12:41 pm

Originally Posted by christianj
There will be no benefit to holding both Chase and the Amex product (other than getting two nights annually) so I really don't want to get both.
The "no benefit" would be two sign-up bonuses though.
Old May 7, 2018, 12:48 pm

Originally Posted by rrgg
The "no benefit" would be two sign-up bonuses though.
True for the first year! I have applied for cards in the past to mainly get the sign-up bonuses but even those cards I typically held on to for a while. Not really a sign-up and cancel guy.
Old May 7, 2018, 2:16 pm

Originally Posted by christianj
As a longtime Starwood Platinum and loyalist, I've never had a Chase MR card. (earnings opportunities were higher on numerous other cards) With the combination of the programs looming, I am trying to decide if I want to take advantage of the 100k signup offer or if I want to wait and see what Amex will offer as a signup bonus on their Starwood Luxury Amex. (I've held the SPG Amex for as long as I can remember.) Why am I hesitating? The Amex card will offer a free night up to the 50k award level and I am somewhat concerned that I might have issues finding redemptions on 35k award level offered on the Chase product.

Anyone taking a similar approach? Or are those in a similar situation applying for the card? There will be no benefit to holding both Chase and the Amex product (other than getting two nights annually) so I really don't want to get both.
I think it i the opposite way. I have both SPG and SPG BIZ and will apply for Chase new card. Because all of them will be 35k free night and can be combined as one stay.
Old May 7, 2018, 2:32 pm

Programs: AA plt 2 mm, Marriott LTT, HH dia
Originally Posted by LAX
I asked earlier, but no one has addressed it yet specifically (perhaps no one knows for sure). Is this considered the same "product" as the 100K offer? Meaning that since I had applied for my current Premier card and gotten the bonus miles within the last 24 months, I would still NOT be eligible for this offer even though it's for 2 free nights and a statement credit instead of bonus miles. TIA.

LAX
In the terms and conditions of the upgrade offer, it says that the Premier Plus is a different product that will reset the anniversary date the free night certificate is generated on. So they are different products. Chase is just choosing to put the restriction of not getting another bonus within 24 months on the new card anyway. I posted about this in a different thread.

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/29717569-post24.html
Old May 7, 2018, 8:01 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum & 2MM, Marriott Lifetime TIT, Hertz Pres Club, IHG Gold, *A Gold
If I want to book an award night that requires more than 35,000 points, can I use one of these new certificates and pay the balance out of my Marriott Rewards account?

Last edited by CO-PLAT; May 8, 2018 at 2:35 am
Old May 7, 2018, 8:43 pm

Programs: AA plt 2 mm, Marriott LTT, HH dia
Originally Posted by CO-PLAT
If I want to book an award night that requires more then 35,000 points, can I use one of these new certificates and pay the balance out of my Marriott Rewards account?
Marriott has not allowed this in the past. The new program isn't in place, yet. But my guess is no. If they wanted to make it that flexible, then they would just give us 35K points on the anniversary date instead of a certificate.
Old May 8, 2018, 6:04 am

Originally Posted by jeanie
Marriott has not allowed this in the past. The new program isn't in place, yet. But my guess is no. If they wanted to make it that flexible, then they would just give us 35K points on the anniversary date instead of a certificate.
I would love to see this as an added feature similar to what Radisson Rewards does on their credit card...just give me the points and if I want a 35k reward I will book it and if I want something in a higher category I will pay extra points! In reality, I do NOT think Marriott will do this because under the current rules there are likely a number of anniversary free night certificates that go unused specifically due to the expiration date AND the category limitation. I cancelled my Hyatt Chase Card because I was never able to find a redemption in the Cat. 1-4 and I will likely cancel my IHG Priority Club card since they added the category restriction. Category limitations restrict the use of the free nights and in the end that is what the hotel chains want!
Old May 8, 2018, 1:01 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by sdsearch
According to recent datapoints in the "Applying for Chase cards" thread, yes.
I know that easy AA points are going to cost me something
Old May 9, 2018, 11:09 am

Programs: AA EXP/LT PLAT, Marriott Titanium/LT PLAT
Originally Posted by philemer
Any further news to this?
Old May 9, 2018, 3:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by anaggie
Originally Posted by philemer
Any further news to this?
Any further news would be where it came from, the DoC blog, which is here:

https://www.doctorofcredit.com/does-...ier-plus-card/

It has reports of both approval and denial, but suggests that the reports of denial may not have been accurate reports. You have to read that and follow all the links provide there to come to your own conclusion.

But why are you asking? This is a new card, and we can only get datapoints if people who are over 5/24 try to applyf for it and report all the details. If everyone is like you and holds off on applying until more people report, where are those reports going to come from?

So if you are well over 5/24 and are interested in this card, you could be the source the news. @:-)
sac86738 likes this.
Old May 12, 2018, 5:56 pm

Data point for canceling and re-applying. Currently at 3/24 with Chase.

Cancelled on 5/7. CSR transferred line of credit to BA Chase card (which I opened on 5/2). BA card's loc is now 31,400. Applied for Marriott Premier today (5/12) and was instantly approved for 17,400. Looks like Chase is a still somewhat flexible with loc.
Old May 14, 2018, 10:11 am

Programs: AA EXP/LT PLAT, Marriott Titanium/LT PLAT
Originally Posted by sdsearch
Any further news would be where it came from, the DoC blog, which is here:

https://www.doctorofcredit.com/does-...ier-plus-card/

It has reports of both approval and denial, but suggests that the reports of denial may not have been accurate reports. You have to read that and follow all the links provide there to come to your own conclusion.

But why are you asking? This is a new card, and we can only get datapoints if people who are over 5/24 try to applyf for it and report all the details. If everyone is like you and holds off on applying until more people report, where are those reports going to come from?

So if you are well over 5/24 and are interested in this card, you could be the source the news. @:-)
I am well below the 5/24 but I got a Marriott card in January of this year and just cancelled it. So, if I have a shot at getting this one, I will.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.