Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Chase Marriott Premier PLUS 75,000 Point Bonus after $5000

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 3, 2018, 8:20 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jeanie
What's the best current offers?
  • 100,000 Marriott Rewards Points: After $5K spend in 3 months, with $95 annual fee (not waived the first year) Offer ends July 5, 2018
  • Anniversary Free Night Award: Valid for a one night hotel stay at a property with a redemption level up to 35,000 Marriott points.
  • Automatic Silver Elite Status: With your Marriott Rewards Premier Plus Credit Card, you are given automatic Silver Elite Status.
OR:
  • $200 Statement Credit: After first purchase in your first three months from account opening.
  • 2 FREE NIGHT AWARDS (each valued up to 35,000 points): After you spend $3,000 on purchases in your first three months from account opening.
  • Annual Fee Waived first year; then $95 per year.
  • Anniversary Free Night Award: Valid for a one night hotel stay at a property with a redemption level up to 35,000 Marriott points.
  • Automatic Silver Elite Status: With your Marriott Rewards Premier Plus Credit Card, you are given automatic Silver Elite Status.

Offer not available to those who already have the Chase Marriott Rewards credit card, but an upgrade offer may be available to you.
Print Wikipost

Chase Marriott Premier PLUS 75,000 Point Bonus after $5000

Search this Thread

Old May 4, 2018, 12:24 pm
mav

Programs: Hilton, marriott, IHG, Club Carlson, United Airlines,timeshare owner
Originally Posted by sdsearch
So the card you just cancelled, you got it more than 2.5 years ago? Because if more recently than that, you might well have to wait much longer. (You'll be denied the bonus if you apply less than 24 months since you got the bonus on the previous card.) And the 100,000 points offer says 'for a limited time", so it may be gone anyway by the time your wait expires.
I had the card for 6 years, and actually had is memorized. Hated to give it up, but the 100,000 points were calling.my name and my greed answered the call.
Old May 4, 2018, 12:28 pm
mav

Originally Posted by FlyinHawaiian320
Wait really? This is interesting as this hasn't been reported anywhere. Why 60 days? Also, there's no guarantee that the 100k offer will still be around in 60 days.
Not sure why 60 days, but was told that twice , 2 different reps, PLUS a supervisor who I asked for during the second call . I was trying to clarify everything before I did anything rash.
Old May 4, 2018, 1:50 pm

Programs: Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Radisson Rewards Gold, Best Western Diamond Select
My wife just got approved for this. She's very selective with her apps.
Old May 4, 2018, 3:26 pm

so which one is a better offer out of the two ? 100k points or 2 night free + ~295$ including waived annual fees
Old May 4, 2018, 3:59 pm

Originally Posted by JustAnotherGuy001
so which one is a better offer out of the two ? 100k points or 2 night free + ~295$ including waived annual fees
Are you positive that you will use the free nights within the next 12 months? And stay in hotels worth exactly 35,000 points each? If so, then what you are asking is whether you value 30k more points or $295, adjusted slightly for the additional $2k spend that the 100k deal requires. Or put another way, do you value Marriott points by more or less than 1 cent?
Old May 4, 2018, 7:01 pm

I had marriot business card last year, received bonus points in May. Just want to confirm I can get the 100k bonus points after applying for this personal card..correct? under 5/24
Old May 4, 2018, 9:28 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum & 2MM, Marriott Lifetime TIT, Hertz Pres Club, IHG Gold, *A Gold
Originally Posted by Troopers
From DoC, another offer: $3,000 MSR in 3 months, 2 free nights (up to 35k), $200 statement credit and first year AF waived

https://creditcards.chase.com/a1/mar...67RW&SPID=FSCB
Its 2 free nights (EACH up to 35,000 points). This a better offer for me than the 100,000 points. Both offers receive the annual free night (up to 35,000 points) at anniversary date.
Old May 5, 2018, 4:51 am

Programs: Marriott PLT (LTPP), SPG PLT (LTG), AA EXP, UA 1K, Delta silver, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by BobLull
Are you positive that you will use the free nights within the next 12 months? And stay in hotels worth exactly 35,000 points each? If so, then what you are asking is whether you value 30k more points or $295, adjusted slightly for the additional $2k spend that the 100k deal requires. Or put another way, do you value Marriott points by more or less than 1 cent?
a few points to consider:
- 30k points costs $375 to buy from MR website
- 30k points is the current category 6 redemption level, and just checking out the ranges in NYC, can get you in the Courtyard Long Island City Manhattan View which costs $313 for tonight.

I would say the $295 valuation is a pretty good deal. My only concern would be using the 2 nights in the next 12 months because all my hotels are paid from work travel for the next year.
Old May 5, 2018, 5:51 am

Originally Posted by 9Benua
Is this card subjected to Chase 5/24 rule like the previous Marriott though?
Originally Posted by rgAAFT
my question exactly.....??
Yes

​​​​​​​https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/29714889-post1694.html
Old May 5, 2018, 6:27 am
mav

If I was you I would call Chase Bank and ask if you apply within a week it , would it come back and indicate you got the card, but not the 100, 000 because you already have it. PLEASE let me know if you apply in a week, get the card, and get the 100,000 points. Not sure how fast you can get the money on it, but I would rather get the prize sooner then later. So far I am just going to wait the 60 days, but would rather not.

Last edited by mav; May 5, 2018 at 6:33 am Reason: Please delet this. I meant to answer another quote
Old May 5, 2018, 6:34 am
mav

If I was you I would call Chase Bank and ask if you apply within a week it , would it come back and indicate you got the card, but not the 100, 000 because you already have it. PLEASE let me know if you apply in a week, get the card, and get the 100,000 points. Not sure how fast you can get the money on it, but I would rather get the prize sooner then later. So far I am just going to wait the 60 days, but would rather not.
Old May 5, 2018, 8:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by 9Benua
Is this card subjected to Chase 5/24 rule like the previous Marriott though?
According to recent datapoints in the "Applying for Chase cards" thread, yes.
Old May 6, 2018, 8:43 am

Does anyone have a guess to how long this offer will be alive?
Old May 6, 2018, 12:50 pm
LAX

Programs: OZ Diamond
Originally Posted by CO-PLAT
Its 2 free nights (EACH up to 35,000 points). This a better offer for me than the 100,000 points. Both offers receive the annual free night (up to 35,000 points) at anniversary date.
I asked earlier, but no one has addressed it yet specifically (perhaps no one knows for sure). Is this considered the same "product" as the 100K offer? Meaning that since I had applied for my current Premier card and gotten the bonus miles within the last 24 months, I would still NOT be eligible for this offer even though it's for 2 free nights and a statement credit instead of bonus miles. TIA.

LAX
Old May 6, 2018, 1:17 pm

Programs: DL DM, AA ExPlt, Diamond HH, HY, BW, & Titanium Elite Marriott
2 weeks.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.