Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

best way to use ultimate rewards for hotels near Disneyland

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 8, 2018, 9:44 pm
Original Poster

I'm planning a 2 night stay in Disneyland and I'm trying to figure out the best way to maximize my chase ultimate rewards for hotel stays. As far as I can see, staying at Hyatt Place Anaheim Resort/convention center costs 12,600pts per night if I book through Chase's reward site.

Is this the best deal available, or is there a better value? I'm looking for as closest I can be to the Disney park, and at the same time, as best hotel as possible (modern, clean, grand, etc)
Old Apr 9, 2018, 9:56 am

Programs: UA 1K MM, DL Plat
This is difficult to answer with the amount of detail provided, and your question may be better asked over in the Ultimate Rewards forum. There's a sticky thread with a lot of this information here:
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chas...ds-points.html

Basically, depending on which card you have, your UR points are "worth" anywhere from 1.0-1.5 cents each. So your 12,600 point redemption is worth anywhere from $126-$189 booked as a pay-with-points reservation. However, if that Hyatt reservation you're seeing is 12,600 HYATT points, and the room rate for that night is (for instance) $250 per night, then your better bet is to transfer UR points to Hyatt points, and book through Hyatt on the hotel's points directly. Too much calculus to get into here, without more specific information, and this stuff is well explained over in the UR forum. Good luck!
Old Apr 9, 2018, 11:18 am
Moderator: Information Desk, Women Travelers, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold
I'll move this to the Ultimate Rewards forum.

chgoeditor
co-moderator, Info Desk

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.