Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

IHG Rewards Club Premier MC- 125K Points, Free Night, $3K spend

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 9, 2018, 9:34 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: MDtR-Chicago
This is the NEW Chase IHG Rewards Club Premier card. It replaced the old IHG Rewards Club Select card in 2018. Existing card members were not automatically product changed to the new card. Among the many changes, the AF jumped from $49 to $89 per year.

Moderator caution: Referral offers -or- links are NOT permitted in any thread in the Chase forum. Instead, see: Credit card referral offers (post only in this thread, read Wikipost first Please do not post ANY application links in the Wikipost or thread, even if you think they are not referral links. If you think there is an extraordinary circumstance where the link is difficult to find elsewhere, consult with a moderator before posting.

Current Offer:

https://creditcards.chase.com/travel...mier?CELL=6TKW

125,000 bonus points

after you spend $3,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening.

Plus, earn 10,000 bonus points after you spend $20,000 on purchases and make one additional purchase each account anniversary year.

This product is available to you if you do not have this card and have not received a new cardmember bonus for this card in the past 24 months.

25X Points Total per dollar at IHG®

That's 10X points at IHG® Hotels and Resorts as an IHG® Rewards Club Premier Credit Cardmember

Plus 10X points from IHG® for being an IHG® Rewards Club member

Plus 5X points from IHG® with Platinum Elite Status, a benefit of this card

2X points per dollar

Earn 2X points on purchases at gas stations, grocery stores, and restaurants.

Earn 1 point per $1 spent on all other purchases.

Anniversary Night

Enjoy a reward night after each account anniversary year at IHG hotels worldwide.
Anniversary free night is only valid at IHG hotels with a current point redemption level of 40,000 points or less.

Fourth Reward Night

Enjoy a reward night when you redeem points for any stay of 4 or more nights.*

Annual Fee

$89 per year. Not waived for the first year.

Chase link to site describing the new cards:
https://www.chase.com/content/chase-...edit-cards/ihg

ChasePremier

However, this is not the best offer out there. If you start making a hotel booking on IHG.com, you will be presented with the same offer (80,000 points + 5,000 for AU) PLUS a $50 statement credit.

IHG forum thread about the new cards (and grandfathered old card for those have it already):
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/inte...d-options.html

For discussion prior to April 2018, see this archived thread.

Q. Where can I learn more about the annual free-night certificate associated with this card? How long are the certificates good for? Are the certificates revoked if you cancel your Chase card?

A. See Annual Free Night Cert from IHG (Rewards Club) Visa / Mastercard.

Q. Once I meet the spending requirement, how soon will I receive my bonus points?

A. Bonus points typically accrue at the close of the billing period in which you incur the corresponding charges. Points should appear in your IHG account within a few days thereafter.

NOTE: If you complete your required spending in the last 7-10 days of the statement period, the bonus may not post until the following month's statement, even if the regular per-dollar points post on the first statement. This is normal behavior for Chase and is not worth a phone call.

Q. Can I apply for this card and earn the bonus after doing so previously?

A. For answers to these and other questions, see the wiki and related discussion in the master discussion thread https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase-ultimate-rewards/2016194-applying-chase-business-cards-april-2020-onward.html

Q. Will the signup bonus count toward Spire Elite status?

A. No.

Print Wikipost

IHG Rewards Club Premier MC- 125K Points, Free Night, $3K spend

Search this Thread

Old May 16, 2018, 8:47 pm

Programs: Amex Plat, AA, BA Silver, Marriott Plat, Choice Gold, HHonors Gold, IHG Diamond
The very best case scenario I can imagine is that for your $20K of spend, you'd get two nights at a Points Break IC at 5K points apiece--if there are any of those ever offered again. But, you can buy those points for, at worst, $100 or so, even if you're someone who wasn't aware of all the other avenues for purchasing points at cheaper prices.

I can't think of a worse waste of $20K of credit card spend--although maybe we could start a thread on that in MilesBuzz to get other opinions.
Old May 17, 2018, 5:17 am

Programs: HH Diamond, Sixt Platinum, IHG Spire Ambassador, Marriott/SPG Gold .....
20k spend for extra 10k points .... one night for the created 30k points in a lower rank hotel

Radisson Rewards Card 20k = 2 free nights plus the created 100k points = 4 nights in the Cassa NY
Old May 17, 2018, 7:17 am

HP question (not 5/24)

Looking to get the IHG card, currently at 800+ with 9 inquires in 12 month, 4 in last 3 months (in a few weeks will be at 3 HP in 3 months). How Sensitive is chase to these number and what would be ideal?

thanks
Old May 17, 2018, 8:24 am

Programs: HH Diamond, Sixt Platinum, IHG Spire Ambassador, Marriott/SPG Gold .....
Originally Posted by flew-d-coop
Looking to get the IHG card, currently at 800+ with 9 inquires in 12 month, 4 in last 3 months (in a few weeks will be at 3 HP in 3 months). How Sensitive is chase to these number and what would be ideal?

thanks
I was approved with way way more inquiries (and then shut down but that is another story).
o one can tell you as no one knows the algo behind Chase and their approval guidelines and even if we did it is too individual what is your credit score, income, opened CC or other lines, ...... do you look like a good customer to the machine?
Old May 17, 2018, 8:36 am

fico 809
income 100+
4 chase card w/ 26k line between them
very low utilization
chase checking
chase customer for 25+ years (use to be main bank but not so much last 6 yrs)
Old May 17, 2018, 8:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Too many to list
fico 809
income 100+
4 chase card w/ 26k line between them
very low utilization
chase checking
chase customer for 25+ years (use to be main bank but not so much last 6 yrs)
Please read the wiki in this thread: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chas...onward-44.html
It will answer a lot of questions. Look for info on 5/24 rule.

Chase is mostly interested in new accounts opened in the last 24 months, not HP/inquiries. How many new cards, from all banks, have you opened in the last 24 months? If it is <5 you should be fine.
Old May 17, 2018, 9:03 am

I did read the wiki and didn't find my question answered or I missed it . I am not asking about 5/24 (as stated in my title). This is just a general questions as to what is acceptable for chase regarding non 5/24 applications.
Old May 17, 2018, 9:19 am

I did read the wiki and didn't find my question answered or I missed it . I am not asking about 5/24 (as stated in my title). This is just a general questions as to what is acceptable for chase regarding non 5/24 applications.
There is no answer for you. You have to try/apply. I had 29 inquiries and was approved .... make of it what you want
flew-d-coop and Tony300S like this.
Old May 17, 2018, 2:19 pm

Originally Posted by wco81
Thanks, was just curious what kind of hotels FTers have redeemed for the free night.
I have used mine for ICs in Cozumel, Bora Bora, Moorea, Los Angeles....before the devaluation.

Dave
Old May 19, 2018, 12:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by christianj
Guess no one has gotten confirmation outside of the blogs and twitter that they are indeed giving us one more "uncapped free anniversary" night. Call me skeptical until we get written confirmation.
Friend just received his FN cert a few days ago. He was able to book IC HKG and IC London all the way to the last step which he did not go thru. That is about as good a DP as you can get short of actual reservation and stay.
Old May 23, 2018, 11:33 am

Originally Posted by blitzen
There is no answer for you. You have to try/apply. I had 29 inquiries and was approved .... make of it what you want
That's what makes this so difficult. Many are approved and then shut down, yet some like you have tons of inquiries and it doesn't seem to matter. Do you churn chase cards? Do you put a lot of spend on your cards?
Old May 23, 2018, 11:55 am

Originally Posted by lyst
That's what makes this so difficult. Many are approved and then shut down, yet some like you have tons of inquiries and it doesn't seem to matter. Do you churn chase cards? Do you put a lot of spend on your cards?
Yes I churn but less and less with Chase (5/24 rule). I spend 50+k a year across the cards. At 31 inquiriere I was shut down (decision was reversed) but my guess it was not the pulls but the amount of new cards in the last 24 month.
Old May 23, 2018, 12:50 pm

Thanks, Blitzen. I've read that it's harder now to get a decision reversed when shut down. Glad it worked for you. I may just lay low with chase for now because I really don't even put more than 10k a year on the cards I do have with chase, plus I've had 15+ inquiries over last 24 months.
Old May 23, 2018, 1:01 pm

Here is some good news.....

My wife applied 4/26 with instant approval. We added the AU same day. Week later the card arrived. Met with spend in a couple days. 5/23 both the 5K for the AU and 80K posted to her IHG acccount.

Even better news, she has the old IHG card that she got last year. So they are indeed considering this a new product with all the rewards benefits for users under the 24 month limit on previous rewards bonuses.
happychic likes this.
Old May 24, 2018, 5:53 am

apply for chase or boa first

Going to apply for chase IHG premier card and/or the BOA premium rewards but not which I should apply for first to increase the odds of success, any thoughts appreciated!!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.