Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

IHG Rewards Club Premier MC- 125K Points, Free Night, $3K spend

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 9, 2018, 9:34 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: MDtR-Chicago
This is the NEW Chase IHG Rewards Club Premier card. It replaced the old IHG Rewards Club Select card in 2018. Existing card members were not automatically product changed to the new card. Among the many changes, the AF jumped from $49 to $89 per year.

Moderator caution: Referral offers -or- links are NOT permitted in any thread in the Chase forum. Instead, see: Credit card referral offers (post only in this thread, read Wikipost first Please do not post ANY application links in the Wikipost or thread, even if you think they are not referral links. If you think there is an extraordinary circumstance where the link is difficult to find elsewhere, consult with a moderator before posting.

Current Offer:

https://creditcards.chase.com/travel...mier?CELL=6TKW

125,000 bonus points

after you spend $3,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening.

Plus, earn 10,000 bonus points after you spend $20,000 on purchases and make one additional purchase each account anniversary year.

This product is available to you if you do not have this card and have not received a new cardmember bonus for this card in the past 24 months.

25X Points Total per dollar at IHG®

That's 10X points at IHG® Hotels and Resorts as an IHG® Rewards Club Premier Credit Cardmember

Plus 10X points from IHG® for being an IHG® Rewards Club member

Plus 5X points from IHG® with Platinum Elite Status, a benefit of this card

2X points per dollar

Earn 2X points on purchases at gas stations, grocery stores, and restaurants.

Earn 1 point per $1 spent on all other purchases.

Anniversary Night

Enjoy a reward night after each account anniversary year at IHG hotels worldwide.
Anniversary free night is only valid at IHG hotels with a current point redemption level of 40,000 points or less.

Fourth Reward Night

Enjoy a reward night when you redeem points for any stay of 4 or more nights.*

Annual Fee

$89 per year. Not waived for the first year.

Chase link to site describing the new cards:
https://www.chase.com/content/chase-...edit-cards/ihg

ChasePremier

However, this is not the best offer out there. If you start making a hotel booking on IHG.com, you will be presented with the same offer (80,000 points + 5,000 for AU) PLUS a $50 statement credit.

IHG forum thread about the new cards (and grandfathered old card for those have it already):
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/inte...d-options.html

For discussion prior to April 2018, see this archived thread.

Q. Where can I learn more about the annual free-night certificate associated with this card? How long are the certificates good for? Are the certificates revoked if you cancel your Chase card?

A. See Annual Free Night Cert from IHG (Rewards Club) Visa / Mastercard.

Q. Once I meet the spending requirement, how soon will I receive my bonus points?

A. Bonus points typically accrue at the close of the billing period in which you incur the corresponding charges. Points should appear in your IHG account within a few days thereafter.

NOTE: If you complete your required spending in the last 7-10 days of the statement period, the bonus may not post until the following month's statement, even if the regular per-dollar points post on the first statement. This is normal behavior for Chase and is not worth a phone call.

Q. Can I apply for this card and earn the bonus after doing so previously?

A. For answers to these and other questions, see the wiki and related discussion in the master discussion thread https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase-ultimate-rewards/2016194-applying-chase-business-cards-april-2020-onward.html

Q. Will the signup bonus count toward Spire Elite status?

A. No.

Print Wikipost

IHG Rewards Club Premier MC- 125K Points, Free Night, $3K spend

Search this Thread

Old Apr 24, 2018, 8:58 am
dw

Programs: DL Plat, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond Amb
Originally Posted by muji
I found it there. An Apply Now is still not showing up on the Chase site.

I have added the Premier card application link to the wiki.
I would actually suggest that people NOT use the link that is in the Wiki because that is not the best offer out there.

If you start making a hotel booking on IHG.com, you will be presented with the same offer (80,000 points + 5,000 for AU) PLUS a $50 statement credit.
Old Apr 24, 2018, 11:36 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by RobertHanson
Why upgrade when you can just apply for the new card, get the full sign up bonus, and keep the old one open? That way you get 2 certificates a year for an average cost of $69. Plenty of nice European Crowne Plazas and Intercontinentals that rent for 3 times that amount. Not "free" of course, but what is anymore?
That's what I intend to do, keep both cards. Just answering someone's question above
Old Apr 25, 2018, 8:49 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by muji
Have searched for a listing of which IHG properties are 40,000 points or less, but could not find anything.

Would anyone know if such a list exists?
See this page, which list properties that are not eligible for the free night.
Old Apr 25, 2018, 8:56 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Has there been any confirmation that someone holding both the old ($49) card and the new Premier ($89) card gets the benefits of both cards? In particular, the old card offers 10% points rebate on points stays, as well as an annual free night. I'm concerned that the computer programmers at IHG might not have configured the system to recognize that someone holds both cards.
Old Apr 25, 2018, 9:11 am
dw

Programs: DL Plat, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond Amb
Originally Posted by serpens
Has there been any confirmation that someone holding both the old ($49) card and the new Premier ($89) card gets the benefits of both cards? In particular, the old card offers 10% points rebate on points stays, as well as an annual free night. I'm concerned that the computer programmers at IHG might not have configured the system to recognize that someone holds both cards.
I don't think there should be an IT issue with this because the Ambassador renewal packages also include an option for a 10% rebate on award redemptions, and I believe in the past people have been able to stack that with the Chase Mastercard 10% rebate.
Old Apr 28, 2018, 2:24 pm

Programs: Marriott LT Titanium; IHG Diamond Ambassador
Someone on the IHG hotel page forum is posting that they are having difficulty getting the 20% discount on points purchased.
They have been emailing IHG which is not a good idea and evidently they are emailing Chase incorrectly about the issue asking about a 20% bonus instead of a discount.

Has anyone used this new card with the current IHG points promotion which is a 80% bonus and received the 20% discount on the purchase of the points?
Old Apr 28, 2018, 7:21 pm

Originally Posted by rebadc
Someone on the IHG hotel page forum is posting that they are having difficulty getting the 20% discount on points purchased.
They have been emailing IHG which is not a good idea and evidently they are emailing Chase incorrectly about the issue asking about a 20% bonus instead of a discount.

Has anyone used this new card with the current IHG points promotion which is a 80% bonus and received the 20% discount on the purchase of the points?
No, they aren’t emailing Chase incorrectly - they’ve been asking about the 20% discount (and/ or rebate) and Chase keeps referring to it as a 20% points bonus (which of course it’s not) and referring them to IHG. Of course, IHG is of no help regarding this Chase card feature.

And to my knowledge, there aren’t any data points yet of anyone receiving a 20% discount on the purchase of points with the new card. I’m not going to hold my breath on this one, I think Chase introduced this new feature before it was ready to be implemented systematically.... (but I hope I’m wrong).
Old Apr 29, 2018, 8:45 am

Programs: HH Diamond, Sixt Platinum, IHG Spire Ambassador, Marriott/SPG Gold .....
Originally Posted by rebadc

a) "They"? I've been the only one
b) I asked Chase about the rebate/saving/statement credit ....
c) as I already had to email IHG I included the question (as Chase repeatedly stated "Call IHG" and "don't bother us with logic")
d) there is a separate thread so why are you spamming this one
Old Apr 29, 2018, 11:11 am

Programs: Marriott LT Titanium; IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by blitzen
a) "They"? I've been the only one
b) I asked Chase about the rebate/saving/statement credit ....
c) as I already had to email IHG I included the question (as Chase repeatedly stated "Call IHG" and "don't bother us with logic")
d) there is a separate thread so why are you spamming this one
a) Your posting on the IHG forum was not entirely clear.
b) m sorry if I mis-interpreted your post
c) i'm asking in the Credit card forum which to me is where the issue is, there may be people here who something about this situation.
d) not harm intended
Old May 2, 2018, 2:35 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hilton - Diamond, IHG - Spire Amb
Very interesting data point.

Person #5 @ age 18 applies for Chase Ihg 60k offer. Did not have existing Ihg account. Points post to person #2 account that was open for 3-4 years

5 people at address. P#5 applied assuming a new # will be assigned. It appears that Ihg looked at existing Ihg #s at that address (4 current) and just posted the points to the other person....

Not even mad ... nice to have them pooled ... scared to bring to their attention as they may suck them out to a new account.
Old May 4, 2018, 11:01 pm

Originally Posted by Carl Christensen
Very interesting data point.

Person #5 @ age 18 applies for Chase Ihg 60k offer. Did not have existing Ihg account. Points post to person #2 account that was open for 3-4 years

5 people at address. P#5 applied assuming a new # will be assigned. It appears that Ihg looked at existing Ihg #s at that address (4 current) and just posted the points to the other person....

Not even mad ... nice to have them pooled ... scared to bring to their attention as they may suck them out to a new account.
My mom and dad had a similar situation last year with the Select card. Both were approved for their own card on the same date and both had existing IHG accounts (with same address), but I think mom forgot to add her IHG account number when she applied for the card. In any event, all points from both cards were flowing into dad's IHG account. Eventually it was discovered by accident I think when mom asked why her IHG account didn't get upgraded to Platinum. The issue was then fixed at that time, but IHG did not go back and remove points from dad's account and put into mom's account. Similar to your situation above, it probably worked out better for them anyway in the short-term to have the points pooled into 1 account.

However, had this not gotten fixed, I'm not convinced that mom would've gotten her Free Anniversary Night added to her IHG account (and I doubt that dad's account would've gotten mom's Free Anniversary Night on the anniversary date - in addition to his own - but who knows). So you may want to let things ride for a little while but then check to see if person #5 receives their Free Anniversary Night at their 1st anniversary. I'd be a bit surprised if they would, if IHG doesn't upgrade him/her to Platinum as a result of holding the Chase IHG credit card.
Old May 6, 2018, 8:39 am

Originally Posted by wco81
Thanks, was just curious what kind of hotels FTers have redeemed for the free night.
Our two favorites were the IC Hong Kong, and the Willard in DC which can easily cost $500 a night.

From reading the travel bloggers I see that IHG has reconsidered, due most likely to massive push back, maybe even legal pressure, and now the certificates, regardless of when you got your card, are good for anywhere again for all certs issued before May 1. 2019.

For anyone thinking of going to Hong Kong the IC (regular IC, not the Stanford) is a brilliant choice. As is the historic Willard in DC, which is a block away from the White House, which you can tour for free if you apply thru your congresscritter (ideally 4 to 6 months in advance), and walking distance to all of the Smithsonian museums. Although for the later, if you are expecting mind boggling museums, you are likely to be rather underwhelmed. But still worth visiting, and entrance is free.
Old May 8, 2018, 9:29 am

Programs: UA 1K, Bonvoy LTTE, HH Dia, HY Expl
Did we ever get confirmation on FT (or anywhere other than Twitter) from IHG and/or Chase that they will indeed give one more "uncapped free anniversary" night for all of those that held the IHG Rewards Club Mastercard? I think OMAAT was the first to report it but I was on numerous blogs....... I just don't trust a twitter confirmation from Chase as a guarantee of the change.

https://onemileatatime.boardingarea....842.1525275003

Last edited by christianj; May 8, 2018 at 10:44 am
Old May 15, 2018, 12:33 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Bonvoy LTTE, HH Dia, HY Expl
Guess no one has gotten confirmation outside of the blogs and twitter that they are indeed giving us one more "uncapped free anniversary" night. Call me skeptical until we get written confirmation.
Old May 16, 2018, 3:46 pm

IHG 10,000 bonus points after you spend $20,000

In any scenario it is a good idea for put $20K on the Premium card for 10K in IHG points? You can buy 10K IHG points for about $70.00 on Daily Getaways...and several other cheap options.....but just wanted to make sure I was not missing something.

Thanks
Dave

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.