Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

IHG Rewards Club Premier MC- 125K Points, Free Night, $3K spend

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 9, 2018, 9:34 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: MDtR-Chicago
This is the NEW Chase IHG Rewards Club Premier card. It replaced the old IHG Rewards Club Select card in 2018. Existing card members were not automatically product changed to the new card. Among the many changes, the AF jumped from $49 to $89 per year.

Moderator caution: Referral offers -or- links are NOT permitted in any thread in the Chase forum. Instead, see: Credit card referral offers (post only in this thread, read Wikipost first Please do not post ANY application links in the Wikipost or thread, even if you think they are not referral links. If you think there is an extraordinary circumstance where the link is difficult to find elsewhere, consult with a moderator before posting.

Current Offer:

https://creditcards.chase.com/travel...mier?CELL=6TKW

125,000 bonus points

after you spend $3,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening.

Plus, earn 10,000 bonus points after you spend $20,000 on purchases and make one additional purchase each account anniversary year.

This product is available to you if you do not have this card and have not received a new cardmember bonus for this card in the past 24 months.

25X Points Total per dollar at IHG®

That's 10X points at IHG® Hotels and Resorts as an IHG® Rewards Club Premier Credit Cardmember

Plus 10X points from IHG® for being an IHG® Rewards Club member

Plus 5X points from IHG® with Platinum Elite Status, a benefit of this card

2X points per dollar

Earn 2X points on purchases at gas stations, grocery stores, and restaurants.

Earn 1 point per $1 spent on all other purchases.

Anniversary Night

Enjoy a reward night after each account anniversary year at IHG hotels worldwide.
Anniversary free night is only valid at IHG hotels with a current point redemption level of 40,000 points or less.

Fourth Reward Night

Enjoy a reward night when you redeem points for any stay of 4 or more nights.*

Annual Fee

$89 per year. Not waived for the first year.

Chase link to site describing the new cards:
https://www.chase.com/content/chase-...edit-cards/ihg

ChasePremier

However, this is not the best offer out there. If you start making a hotel booking on IHG.com, you will be presented with the same offer (80,000 points + 5,000 for AU) PLUS a $50 statement credit.

IHG forum thread about the new cards (and grandfathered old card for those have it already):
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/inte...d-options.html

For discussion prior to April 2018, see this archived thread.

Q. Where can I learn more about the annual free-night certificate associated with this card? How long are the certificates good for? Are the certificates revoked if you cancel your Chase card?

A. See Annual Free Night Cert from IHG (Rewards Club) Visa / Mastercard.

Q. Once I meet the spending requirement, how soon will I receive my bonus points?

A. Bonus points typically accrue at the close of the billing period in which you incur the corresponding charges. Points should appear in your IHG account within a few days thereafter.

NOTE: If you complete your required spending in the last 7-10 days of the statement period, the bonus may not post until the following month's statement, even if the regular per-dollar points post on the first statement. This is normal behavior for Chase and is not worth a phone call.

Q. Can I apply for this card and earn the bonus after doing so previously?

A. For answers to these and other questions, see the wiki and related discussion in the master discussion thread https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase-ultimate-rewards/2016194-applying-chase-business-cards-april-2020-onward.html

Q. Will the signup bonus count toward Spire Elite status?

A. No.

Print Wikipost

IHG Rewards Club Premier MC- 125K Points, Free Night, $3K spend

Search this Thread

Old Oct 15, 2020, 8:57 pm

How long does it take this ****** card to arrive?! I applied and was approved last week...yet when I call Chase they tell me the card is in process, or will ship tomorrow...I have been hearing this answer for 3 consecutive days this week. I have never had such a delay in Chase card...both personal and business cards always arrived within a week from the approval.
Old Oct 16, 2020, 10:41 am

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by good_boy_1234
How long does it take this ****** card to arrive?! I applied and was approved last week...yet when I call Chase they tell me the card is in process, or will ship tomorrow...I have been hearing this answer for 3 consecutive days this week. I have never had such a delay in Chase card...both personal and business cards always arrived within a week from the approval.
Mine took about 10 days total.
good_boy_1234 likes this.
Old Oct 21, 2020, 4:45 pm

Originally Posted by tstauck
Mine took about 10 days total.
Thx. I received it @10 days too.
Old Oct 21, 2020, 11:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Too many to list
All my Chase cards have taken 8-12 days to arrive. The new normal.
Old Oct 24, 2020, 10:50 am

Can you get both signup bonuses of premier and traveler credit cards at the same time? or you have to hav 24 months between any of them (like CSR/CSP)? I noticed this weird statement under the logo for each card for exclusion ""if you currently have an IHG Rewards Club Credit Card from Chase....etc, you are not eligible to receive another of the same credit card"

Aren't both cards under the Rewards Club family? Any recent data points or this statement is new? Because in offer details page, it's not mentioned there "This product is not available to either (i) current cardmembers of this credit card, or (ii) previous cardmembers of this credit card who received a new cardmember bonus for this credit card within the last 24 months." so in the offer details page it's specific for the card, not per Reward Club category.
Old Oct 24, 2020, 11:11 am

Can you get both signup bonuses of premier and traveler credit cards at the same time? or you have to hav 24 months between any of them (like CSR/CSP)? I noticed this weird statement under the logo for each card for exclusion ""if you currently have an IHG Rewards Club Credit Card from Chase....etc, you are not eligible to receive another of the same credit card"

Aren't both cards under the Rewards Club family? Any recent data points or this statement is new? Because in offer details page, it's not mentioned there "This product is not available to either (i) current cardmembers of this credit card, or (ii) previous cardmembers of this credit card who received a new cardmember bonus for this credit card within the last 24 months." so in the offer details page it's specific for the card, not per Reward Club category.
These are separate products; holding either, or having earned a recent bonus on one, is no bar to obtaining (or earning a bonus on) the other.
good_boy_1234 likes this.
Old Oct 26, 2020, 10:53 pm

Originally Posted by beltway
These are separate products; holding either, or having earned a recent bonus on one, is no bar to obtaining (or earning a bonus on) the other.
although both are in the same category per the fine print!
Old Oct 26, 2020, 10:55 pm

Just want to report that the 50 statement credit was posted. It’s not like CSR travel credits, posts in few days...not with statement timeline.
Old Nov 1, 2020, 9:06 am

Programs: IHG Rewards Platinum, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, UA/DL/AA Back of the plane...
So have question... met the spend requirement for the card - I think it was $3000 spend for 140,000 points. Well looks like I am about to get a refund of about $1100 of that spend due to a cancellation in travel plans.

I have already used the points towards a future reservation so they should not be able to claw them back.

Anyone have any experience with a situation like this? I have not problem with trying to spend the $1.1K but not sure how long it will take or how long they will give me. I guess it will sit as a credit and spend it down and it should be OK, right?

Edit to add: I would rather chase send me the $1100 than spend it down, but if that is my only option it works for me.

thanks,

Last edited by fwfdan; Nov 1, 2020 at 9:22 am
Old Nov 1, 2020, 10:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Too many to list
Originally Posted by fwfdan
So have question... met the spend requirement for the card - I think it was $3000 spend for 140,000 points. Well looks like I am about to get a refund of about $1100 of that spend due to a cancellation in travel plans.

I have already used the points towards a future reservation so they should not be able to claw them back.

Anyone have any experience with a situation like this? I have not problem with trying to spend the $1.1K but not sure how long it will take or how long they will give me. I guess it will sit as a credit and spend it down and it should be OK, right?

Edit to add: I would rather chase send me the $1100 than spend it down, but if that is my only option it works for me.

thanks,
Chase does not "claw back" points. Nothing to worry about. If you call them they may send you a check for the credit balance. If you have another card with a balance they can move your credit to that card.
Old Nov 3, 2020, 6:06 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum
Is anyone still able to generate 140k referral for the Premier (just asking the possibility, not an actual referral)? Mine only shows 125k, while the public 140k offer is still active.
Old Nov 13, 2020, 4:17 pm

Slightly OT but couldn't find anything more appropriate... Has anyone downgraded recently from the Premier card to the Traveler card? According to a CS rep I just spoke on the phone to, "Traveler card does have an annual fee, $29. No annual fee was a time limited promotion".
Is this some kind of BS/mistake by the CS agent or is there really an AF when product changing from Premier?
Old Nov 14, 2020, 10:28 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by klanfa
Has anyone downgraded recently from the Premier card to the Traveler card? According to a CS rep I just spoke on the phone to, "Traveler card does have an annual fee, $29. No annual fee was a time limited promotion".
I downgraded in August or September. The agent said there is a $29 annual fee and she thought it would be waived for the first year. It wasn't.
klanfa likes this.
Old Dec 16, 2020, 7:53 am

got email saying that they're sending me a contactless version now, and earn extra points if I use contactless 3x

With the recent changes (ihg mastercard added for mobile wallet last year, chase+AC/freedom flex mastercard partnership), think chase finally put mastercard as a priority for their portfolio
Both the ihg cards also appear on their contactless webpage list, though card image doesn't show contactless logo

https://creditcards.chase.com/contactless-credit-cardsSurprised freedom flex isn't on the list
happychic likes this.
Old Dec 16, 2020, 1:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Originally Posted by paperwastage
got email saying that they're sending me a contactless version now, and earn extra points if I use contactless 3x
Same. 1000 IHG points.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.