Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

IHG Rewards Club Premier MC- 125K Points, Free Night, $3K spend

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 9, 2018, 9:34 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: MDtR-Chicago
This is the NEW Chase IHG Rewards Club Premier card. It replaced the old IHG Rewards Club Select card in 2018. Existing card members were not automatically product changed to the new card. Among the many changes, the AF jumped from $49 to $89 per year.

Moderator caution: Referral offers -or- links are NOT permitted in any thread in the Chase forum. Instead, see: Credit card referral offers (post only in this thread, read Wikipost first Please do not post ANY application links in the Wikipost or thread, even if you think they are not referral links. If you think there is an extraordinary circumstance where the link is difficult to find elsewhere, consult with a moderator before posting.

Current Offer:

https://creditcards.chase.com/travel...mier?CELL=6TKW

125,000 bonus points

after you spend $3,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening.

Plus, earn 10,000 bonus points after you spend $20,000 on purchases and make one additional purchase each account anniversary year.

This product is available to you if you do not have this card and have not received a new cardmember bonus for this card in the past 24 months.

25X Points Total per dollar at IHG®

That's 10X points at IHG® Hotels and Resorts as an IHG® Rewards Club Premier Credit Cardmember

Plus 10X points from IHG® for being an IHG® Rewards Club member

Plus 5X points from IHG® with Platinum Elite Status, a benefit of this card

2X points per dollar

Earn 2X points on purchases at gas stations, grocery stores, and restaurants.

Earn 1 point per $1 spent on all other purchases.

Anniversary Night

Enjoy a reward night after each account anniversary year at IHG hotels worldwide.
Anniversary free night is only valid at IHG hotels with a current point redemption level of 40,000 points or less.

Fourth Reward Night

Enjoy a reward night when you redeem points for any stay of 4 or more nights.*

Annual Fee

$89 per year. Not waived for the first year.

Chase link to site describing the new cards:
https://www.chase.com/content/chase-...edit-cards/ihg

ChasePremier

However, this is not the best offer out there. If you start making a hotel booking on IHG.com, you will be presented with the same offer (80,000 points + 5,000 for AU) PLUS a $50 statement credit.

IHG forum thread about the new cards (and grandfathered old card for those have it already):
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/inte...d-options.html

For discussion prior to April 2018, see this archived thread.

Q. Where can I learn more about the annual free-night certificate associated with this card? How long are the certificates good for? Are the certificates revoked if you cancel your Chase card?

A. See Annual Free Night Cert from IHG (Rewards Club) Visa / Mastercard.

Q. Once I meet the spending requirement, how soon will I receive my bonus points?

A. Bonus points typically accrue at the close of the billing period in which you incur the corresponding charges. Points should appear in your IHG account within a few days thereafter.

NOTE: If you complete your required spending in the last 7-10 days of the statement period, the bonus may not post until the following month's statement, even if the regular per-dollar points post on the first statement. This is normal behavior for Chase and is not worth a phone call.

Q. Can I apply for this card and earn the bonus after doing so previously?

A. For answers to these and other questions, see the wiki and related discussion in the master discussion thread https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase-ultimate-rewards/2016194-applying-chase-business-cards-april-2020-onward.html

Q. Will the signup bonus count toward Spire Elite status?

A. No.

Print Wikipost

IHG Rewards Club Premier MC- 125K Points, Free Night, $3K spend

Search this Thread

Old Mar 27, 2022, 9:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Too many to list
Originally Posted by RedElmo
It says give it up to 2 weeks.
I did mine and got it pretty quick. I did my parents and they both haven’t gotten it yet.
My $25 showed early this morning. Now to try again to register my wife's acct.

Tried 2 more times and cannot register her account.

Last edited by philemer; Mar 27, 2022 at 9:35 am
Old Mar 27, 2022, 1:51 pm

Anyone else having the issue on the United registration page where the Submit button is not clickable?

Actually realized it is submitting the info but hitting a 422 error

Last edited by aimango; Mar 27, 2022 at 2:03 pm
Old Mar 27, 2022, 2:11 pm

Programs: American, SWA, United, IHG,Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott
Originally Posted by aimango
Anyone else having the issue on the United registration page where the Submit button is not clickable?

Been working yesterday and today. I’ve told several people about it and everyone has gotten their $25.
Old Mar 27, 2022, 5:52 pm

I'm seeing the same thing. Tried on mobile (Android) and desktop (Chrome and Edge) and getting a 422 after clicking the register button. I have an older Continential FF# if that's any help.
Old Mar 27, 2022, 5:57 pm
dw

Programs: DL Plat, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond Amb
Originally Posted by redtalun
I'm seeing the same thing. Tried on mobile (Android) and desktop (Chrome and Edge) and getting a 422 after clicking the register button. I have an older Continential FF# if that's any help.
Im wondering if that may be my issue as well- I have a Continental FF# from 20+ years ago. It does seem like there’s some validation issue going on
Old Mar 27, 2022, 11:16 pm

Originally Posted by dw
Im wondering if that may be my issue as well- I have a Continental FF# from 20+ years ago. It does seem like there’s some validation issue going on
I have a CO # as well (albeit not that old) and the credit arrived quickly.

The process seems pretty messed up right now. My SO received 2 sets of $25 credit with the same 3/26/2023 expiration date. The name also changed from something that references "IHG Premier" to just "Credit".

Last edited by ithinkurdumb; Mar 27, 2022 at 11:32 pm
Old Mar 29, 2022, 9:17 pm

Been trying since the day before yesterday and it's still broken. Looks like it's still the error 422 previously mentioned. I chatted IHG and reported this yesterday, but I don't think the agent understood.
Attached Images  
Old Mar 30, 2022, 10:38 am

Programs: PRG Amex , IHG Platinum Ambassador, Enterprise Plus, Hertz Gold

My issue is the submit button is not clickable and still no $25 credit.
Old Mar 30, 2022, 11:57 am
dw

Programs: DL Plat, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond Amb
Originally Posted by Marisaac
My issue is the submit button is not clickable and still no $25 credit.
Same here-- nothing has changed for me since the launch
Old Mar 30, 2022, 2:52 pm

When I click the link and log into my IHG account, it just takes me back to the same log in page, but shows me logged into my IHG account up top, but keeps reloading with the same Sign In to your IHG rewards button on the page.
Old Mar 31, 2022, 11:33 am

Programs: UA LT Gold (BIS), AA LT Plat (CC SUBs & BD), Hilton Dia (CC), Hyatt Glob (BIB), et. al.
Originally Posted by fura2
Anyone know how to get the $50 of United Travel Bank cash?
Additional discussion of this subject on the IHG forum, this thread starting with post # 454.
Old Mar 31, 2022, 3:12 pm

Programs: UA Premier Silver, AA, DL, IHG Diamond Amb, Marriott Silver, Hilton Silver, National
I too had major issues trying to register our accounts with TravelBank. I got my wife's to work yesterday after much clicking, but had been having no luck with mine on Safari and Chrome, both on my Mac and iPhone. I could sign in, but after entering my UA number and last name the "register" button lit up, but when I clicked on it nothing happened. Finally, I just tried Firefox, using an incognito window. Success! And interestingly, as reported by someone else on FT, the expiration date for my $25 is more or less 18 months out: 9/30/23.
Old Mar 31, 2022, 8:43 pm

Just tried and it looks like it's fixed. Got the message "Great! Your registration for TravelBank Cash has been submitted to United."
Old Apr 1, 2022, 5:08 am

Some observations on the process of linking accounts:
  • To make the Submit button active, you have to move the cursor out of the input boxes (by clicking or tabbing).
  • As for actually submitting, it worked immediately for me yesterday but I couldn’t get the site to accept my DW’s. Tried again just now & it worked after I completed the form; exited the input box; and then unchecked & rechecked the “I accept the T&C” box. Perhaps this is just cargo-cult thinking on my part, but it can’t hurt to try massaging the input sequence to see if that will work for others experiencing problems.
  • Effects on UA end seem to be immediate.
  • For some reason, I got $50 and my DW got $125(!) of Travel Bank credits, all w/18-mo lifespan.
    • FTR, I also hold the Select & Traveler cards & my DW has a Traveler card as well as Premier. None of this should matter, but the world of IHG customer-facing websites frightens and confuses me. My primitive mind can’t grasp these concepts.

Last edited by beltway; Apr 1, 2022 at 5:14 am
Old Apr 3, 2022, 12:29 pm

Originally Posted by serpens
Just out of curiosity, why would you apply for the Traveler card rather than the Premier card? The Premier has a larger sign-up bonus as well as an annual free night.
Because I already hold a Premier card, which I don’t think I made clear in the earlier post. (Sorry for the delay in replying. Have been on extended travel & am finally catching up here.)

Does anyone know if a Traveler card could be changed to a Premier card if the holder already has a Premier card? In other words, could one get two Premier cards via PC of a Traveler card? (I thought I had seen this question recently, but I couldn't find it just now.) The second free night award would be worth $89 to me. Thanks for any insight.
I see no reason you couldn’t p/c a Traveler card so as to hold a second Premier. Chase has historically been more than happy to let people upgrade or downgrade without regard to other cards held.

If anyone knows of a reason to hold two Premier cards other than the second annual free night, please chime in. Also, if there is any reason for someone with a Premier card to get a Traveler card other than a planned PC to Premier, please chime in. Thanks.
Apart from the 2nd free night, there’s the $100 PreCheck/Global Entry benefit. As for the second question, apart from the SUB & the modest extra earning on utilities spend, I see no reason to get a Traveler card if you plan to keep your Premier. For someone who might eventually close the Premier card, having a Traveler—which now carries automatic (if low-level) elite status, thus preventing points expiration—is a free, no-effort way to keep your account in good standing.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.