Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

IHG Rewards Club Premier MC- 125K Points, Free Night, $3K spend

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 9, 2018, 9:34 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: MDtR-Chicago
This is the NEW Chase IHG Rewards Club Premier card. It replaced the old IHG Rewards Club Select card in 2018. Existing card members were not automatically product changed to the new card. Among the many changes, the AF jumped from $49 to $89 per year.

Moderator caution: Referral offers -or- links are NOT permitted in any thread in the Chase forum. Instead, see: Credit card referral offers (post only in this thread, read Wikipost first Please do not post ANY application links in the Wikipost or thread, even if you think they are not referral links. If you think there is an extraordinary circumstance where the link is difficult to find elsewhere, consult with a moderator before posting.

Current Offer:

https://creditcards.chase.com/travel...mier?CELL=6TKW

125,000 bonus points

after you spend $3,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening.

Plus, earn 10,000 bonus points after you spend $20,000 on purchases and make one additional purchase each account anniversary year.

This product is available to you if you do not have this card and have not received a new cardmember bonus for this card in the past 24 months.

25X Points Total per dollar at IHG®

That's 10X points at IHG® Hotels and Resorts as an IHG® Rewards Club Premier Credit Cardmember

Plus 10X points from IHG® for being an IHG® Rewards Club member

Plus 5X points from IHG® with Platinum Elite Status, a benefit of this card

2X points per dollar

Earn 2X points on purchases at gas stations, grocery stores, and restaurants.

Earn 1 point per $1 spent on all other purchases.

Anniversary Night

Enjoy a reward night after each account anniversary year at IHG hotels worldwide.
Anniversary free night is only valid at IHG hotels with a current point redemption level of 40,000 points or less.

Fourth Reward Night

Enjoy a reward night when you redeem points for any stay of 4 or more nights.*

Annual Fee

$89 per year. Not waived for the first year.

Chase link to site describing the new cards:
https://www.chase.com/content/chase-...edit-cards/ihg

ChasePremier

However, this is not the best offer out there. If you start making a hotel booking on IHG.com, you will be presented with the same offer (80,000 points + 5,000 for AU) PLUS a $50 statement credit.

IHG forum thread about the new cards (and grandfathered old card for those have it already):
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/inte...d-options.html

For discussion prior to April 2018, see this archived thread.

Q. Where can I learn more about the annual free-night certificate associated with this card? How long are the certificates good for? Are the certificates revoked if you cancel your Chase card?

A. See Annual Free Night Cert from IHG (Rewards Club) Visa / Mastercard.

Q. Once I meet the spending requirement, how soon will I receive my bonus points?

A. Bonus points typically accrue at the close of the billing period in which you incur the corresponding charges. Points should appear in your IHG account within a few days thereafter.

NOTE: If you complete your required spending in the last 7-10 days of the statement period, the bonus may not post until the following month's statement, even if the regular per-dollar points post on the first statement. This is normal behavior for Chase and is not worth a phone call.

Q. Can I apply for this card and earn the bonus after doing so previously?

A. For answers to these and other questions, see the wiki and related discussion in the master discussion thread https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase-ultimate-rewards/2016194-applying-chase-business-cards-april-2020-onward.html

Q. Will the signup bonus count toward Spire Elite status?

A. No.

Print Wikipost

IHG Rewards Club Premier MC- 125K Points, Free Night, $3K spend

Search this Thread

Old Aug 9, 2019, 6:51 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Bonvoy LTTE, HH Dia, HY Expl
Originally Posted by tanlee07
Has anyone recieved an upgrade offer for the IHG traveler card to a 2nd IHG preimer card?
My understanding is you can only get the bonus for ONE Premier card so I doubt if you have one you would get an upgrade offer for the regular card.

Originally Posted by Brendan
When the year of 4 pp$ is over, they need to make it at least 2 and probably 3 pp$. Because 1 pp$ is not worth it!
True! Will likely use for one year and then back in the drawer.

Last edited by christianj; Aug 9, 2019 at 6:59 pm
Old Aug 10, 2019, 5:46 am

Programs: AA Life-Plat 5MM, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, UA, BA
Question Is there an end-date to the new 125K pts promotion?

Thanks for the $50 statement credit tip.
I looked at the offer on Chase and did not see any promotion-end date. Did anybody see an end-date?

Originally Posted by christianj
Card now offering 125k sign-up plus 25 points per $1 at IHG hotels and 4 points per $1 elsewhere for the first year. If you plan on signing up, don't forget to go to IHG.com and start a booking and then the card will pop up with a $50 statement credit added to the already good offer.

Link to deal offer but I would not apply through the link but via the booking option mentioned above to get the additional $50.
https://creditcards.chase.com/travel...s-club-premier
Old Aug 10, 2019, 10:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Too many to list
Originally Posted by bobert24
Has anybody seen anything that might possibly indicate that there's some way to use the new crappy certificates as the first 40k points of a redemption at a higher-level property? So for a 50k property, certificate + 10k points? That would be the only redeeming factor for us. There are very few 40k properties in my destinations that would feel like a real reward, but there are plenty of 50-55k properties that would seem like a steal for "only" 10-15k points.

Since it was asked earlier, I've redeemed these certificates at hotels costing 70k, 60k, and 50k points. Almost always 2 nights in a row (my card and my wife's).
No, can't combine points with FN cert.
Old Aug 12, 2019, 5:50 am

Originally Posted by IntFF
Thanks for the $50 statement credit tip.
I looked at the offer on Chase and did not see any promotion-end date. Did anybody see an end-date?
Your welcome! Credit card issuers typically do not list the dates the promotions end but sometimes the bloggers get the info from their contacts. I have yet to see any mention of a ending date anywhere.
Old Aug 13, 2019, 10:39 pm
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
Applied 24 hours ago. Got the "We need more time" response.

Has not shown up in my online account.

(Different from when I first got the CSR in-branch for the 100K bonus which also initially had a "need more time" response, but which showed up in my account within the hour.
Old Aug 14, 2019, 5:57 am

Originally Posted by cblaisd
Applied 24 hours ago. Got the "We need more time" response.

Has not shown up in my online account.
How many Chase cards do you have? I had the same thing and then I got a call from Chase a couple of days later. Wanted to confirm income since I had not updated in a while. Also mentioned that I had several Chase cards (CSR, FU, MR Bonvoy and IHG) and a high credit limit across those cards. I offered to move some of my credit limit from the other IHG card I have (which I never use and plan to close anyway) over to the new account and then she said that would be great. Approved right away after she moved the credit limit. I guess they just don't want more exposure. Card showed up on my online account shortly after that.
Old Aug 14, 2019, 7:27 am
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
I have two other Chase cards. I'm happy to move some credit limits around. I actually want the IHG card for several trips this fall.
Old Aug 14, 2019, 1:02 pm

Originally Posted by cblaisd
I have two other Chase cards. I'm happy to move some credit limits around. I actually want the IHG card for several trips this fall.
Then I would hold tight and see what happens...that is unless you need the card NOW and by your response it doesn't appear to be the case. If you get the call, I would offer to move around the credit as it seems the easiest solution. I knew that offering to move the credit limit around was the easiest solution because she talked about the overall credit limits I had and because I had gotten a similar call when I applied for another Chase card a couple of years ago.
Old Aug 14, 2019, 1:38 pm

Programs: Delta Silver, Marriott Gold, HH Diamond, Ex-UA Gold, Ex-AA Gold , Ex-SPG Gold, Peon everywhere else
My wife got approved for the 125K bonus offer last week. She was auto-approved for only a $3k credit limit (she was at 2/24). However, she sent a SM afterwards to move $4K from another card to the new card. She is going to make this her primary spending card for the next year or so. She already has the older IHG card (10% point rebate and unrestricted FN). She has a little over 30k elite points (from stays in Europe, Mexico, and Bora Bora and some spending). So we are hoping that if the bonus offer of 4 pts/$ spent on anything are applied towards elite status that she will only need to spend about $11k to reach Spire. We can do that spend in less than 3 months. We have actually enjoyed staying at IHG hotels. We've been upgraded quite a few times on our travels, even on bookings where she had booked two rooms (She's currently Platinum). Unfortuantely, I am exactly at 5/24 so I cannot take advantage of this offer.
Old Aug 14, 2019, 5:47 pm

@eknock007...sorry to say but there are NO cards that offer the unrestricted FN benefit! All cards are now limited to the 40k free nights. You and/or your wife might want to double check what your current card offers. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news!
Old Aug 14, 2019, 7:22 pm

Programs: Navy A-4 Skyhawk, B727 FE/FO, S80 FO, B757/767 FO, B737 CA
@eknock007...sorry to say but there are NO cards that offer the unrestricted FN benefit! All cards are now limited to the 40k free nights. You and/or your wife might want to double check what your current card offers. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news!
Correct, they were supposed to apply the 40K limit last year to the old card, but then got so much heat, they extended it by a year. We're using ours at the Kimpton in Amsterdam next month. I'll have to see what we're able to get for the 40K next year to see if it's worth keeping.
Old Aug 15, 2019, 5:56 am

Originally Posted by fredc84
Correct, they were supposed to apply the 40K limit last year to the old card, but then got so much heat, they extended it by a year.
I am not sure that your statement is 100% correct...they extended the option to get the UNLIMITED free night certificates for a limited time due to all the backlash but even that was limited....meaning NOT every member got another free UNLIMITED night after the card changes were announced. If I remember correctly, the cutoff date was May 1, 2019 so if you renewal cutoff was prior to then you got one more unlimited night. If your renewal cutoff was after the date you got the 40k free night and that is all they will give moving forward.

If @eknock007 had a card renewal date prior to May 1, 2019 he may have gotten ONE more free unlimited night but moving forward he will only get the 40k max free night like all of us....which I don't think he knew based on his post above.

Last edited by christianj; Aug 15, 2019 at 6:03 am
Old Aug 15, 2019, 9:15 am

Programs: Delta Silver, Marriott Gold, HH Diamond, Ex-UA Gold, Ex-AA Gold , Ex-SPG Gold, Peon everywhere else
No they are unrestricted. We both have the old IHG card (5+ years) and our FN's have always been unrestricted. Don't know about the whole thing now being limited to 40k level. I get my FN around the end of March. My wife get's hers around the end of April. We used the 2018 FN's in Bora Bora this past April and we will be using the this years FN's at the Palazzo in Vegas next February. Even if they do downgrade the FN to this 40k level, we will still keep the cards. And now that my wife got approved for the new Premier card, we can take advantage of the additional benefits.
Old Aug 15, 2019, 9:37 am

Programs: Navy A-4 Skyhawk, B727 FE/FO, S80 FO, B757/767 FO, B737 CA
I am not sure that your statement is 100% correct...they extended the option to get the UNLIMITED free night certificates for a limited time due to all the backlash but even that was limited....meaning NOT every member got another free UNLIMITED night after the card changes were announced. If I remember correctly, the cutoff date was May 1, 2019 so if you renewal cutoff was prior to then you got one more unlimited night. If your renewal cutoff was after the date you got the 40k free night and that is all they will give moving forward.

If @eknock007 had a card renewal date prior to May 1, 2019 he may have gotten ONE more free unlimited night but moving forward he will only get the 40k max free night like all of us....which I don't think he knew based on his post above.
I don't know why you feel the need to disagree about something we agree on, but this post from TPG sums it up...

"For those who hold the IHG Rewards Club Select Credit Card, IHG has confirmed that free night certificates issued through next year on May 1, 2019 will still work at any IHG property. Originally IHG had stated that after May 1, 2018 any free night certificates issued to Club Select cardholders would be capped at properties that cost 40,000 points or less, so this pushes back the deadline by a full year."

Which is what I said, they had a date then extended it.
Old Aug 15, 2019, 9:58 am

Originally Posted by fredc84
I don't know why you feel the need to disagree about something we agree on,
My intention was not to disagree with you because you were correct but just to add more details to the discussion with the clarification of the dates so others would not be confused. I guess poor choice of words. Sorry!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.