Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

IHG Rewards Club Premier MC- 125K Points, Free Night, $3K spend

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 9, 2018, 9:34 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: MDtR-Chicago
This is the NEW Chase IHG Rewards Club Premier card. It replaced the old IHG Rewards Club Select card in 2018. Existing card members were not automatically product changed to the new card. Among the many changes, the AF jumped from $49 to $89 per year.

Moderator caution: Referral offers -or- links are NOT permitted in any thread in the Chase forum. Instead, see: Credit card referral offers (post only in this thread, read Wikipost first Please do not post ANY application links in the Wikipost or thread, even if you think they are not referral links. If you think there is an extraordinary circumstance where the link is difficult to find elsewhere, consult with a moderator before posting.

Current Offer:

https://creditcards.chase.com/travel...mier?CELL=6TKW

125,000 bonus points

after you spend $3,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening.

Plus, earn 10,000 bonus points after you spend $20,000 on purchases and make one additional purchase each account anniversary year.

This product is available to you if you do not have this card and have not received a new cardmember bonus for this card in the past 24 months.

25X Points Total per dollar at IHG®

That's 10X points at IHG® Hotels and Resorts as an IHG® Rewards Club Premier Credit Cardmember

Plus 10X points from IHG® for being an IHG® Rewards Club member

Plus 5X points from IHG® with Platinum Elite Status, a benefit of this card

2X points per dollar

Earn 2X points on purchases at gas stations, grocery stores, and restaurants.

Earn 1 point per $1 spent on all other purchases.

Anniversary Night

Enjoy a reward night after each account anniversary year at IHG hotels worldwide.
Anniversary free night is only valid at IHG hotels with a current point redemption level of 40,000 points or less.

Fourth Reward Night

Enjoy a reward night when you redeem points for any stay of 4 or more nights.*

Annual Fee

$89 per year. Not waived for the first year.

Chase link to site describing the new cards:
https://www.chase.com/content/chase-...edit-cards/ihg

ChasePremier

However, this is not the best offer out there. If you start making a hotel booking on IHG.com, you will be presented with the same offer (80,000 points + 5,000 for AU) PLUS a $50 statement credit.

IHG forum thread about the new cards (and grandfathered old card for those have it already):
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/inte...d-options.html

For discussion prior to April 2018, see this archived thread.

Q. Where can I learn more about the annual free-night certificate associated with this card? How long are the certificates good for? Are the certificates revoked if you cancel your Chase card?

A. See Annual Free Night Cert from IHG (Rewards Club) Visa / Mastercard.

Q. Once I meet the spending requirement, how soon will I receive my bonus points?

A. Bonus points typically accrue at the close of the billing period in which you incur the corresponding charges. Points should appear in your IHG account within a few days thereafter.

NOTE: If you complete your required spending in the last 7-10 days of the statement period, the bonus may not post until the following month's statement, even if the regular per-dollar points post on the first statement. This is normal behavior for Chase and is not worth a phone call.

Q. Can I apply for this card and earn the bonus after doing so previously?

A. For answers to these and other questions, see the wiki and related discussion in the master discussion thread https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase-ultimate-rewards/2016194-applying-chase-business-cards-april-2020-onward.html

Q. Will the signup bonus count toward Spire Elite status?

A. No.

Print Wikipost

IHG Rewards Club Premier MC- 125K Points, Free Night, $3K spend

Search this Thread

Old Aug 9, 2018, 8:43 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by muji
But didn't they stipulate that you would need to spend $3,000 (not just the $2,000 required in the 80,000-point offer) in order to get the 80,000+20,000 points, as lwildernorva mentioned a few posts back?
I had missed the change in spend requirement. Thanks. It should be no problem, but it's good to know.
Old Sep 5, 2018, 10:01 am

Programs: UA:MM 1K HH:Diamond IHG:Plat Marriott:Plat
Does someone have a link to the "Guide to Benefits" pdf for the old IHG Rewards Select card? I am trying to find out if Price Protection is still a feature on this card or it has been dropped. Multiple SMs to Chase have been useless to get this document.
Old Sep 19, 2018, 3:30 pm

Programs: Avis Pref+, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Life Gold, Honors Silver, IHG Plat via MC.
Question When are we supposed to get our Anniv. Free Nights?

I have always gotten mine from Chase around the 10th--17th of the calendar month BEFORE the AF was billed, whether Marriott, IHG, Fairmont. For example, last year I got my IHG Anniv. Free Night on 12 Sep. 2017 expiring 21 Sep. 2018, which I used in Feb. 2018. I have not yet gotten this year's. When I phoned Chase, two reps told me that I should get it after my AF bills on Oct. 1. Is this a policy change? I used to look at Anniv. Free Nights as rewards/ thank-yous for having kept the card all old-year long, but maybe Chase has changed them into incentives to pay the new year's AF !
Or maybe Chase is denying me my Anniv. Free Night because I have used the card so darn little! I keep it in my sock drawer except when paying for IHG rooms.
Old Sep 19, 2018, 5:03 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
You may wish to review this thread in the IHG forum:

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/inte...astercard.html
Brendan likes this.
Old Sep 19, 2018, 7:17 pm

Programs: Avis Pref+, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Life Gold, Honors Silver, IHG Plat via MC.
Thanks, Mia! Several other FTers are in the same situation over there. My Post #153 should have been moved to that thread instead of this 'un !
Old Sep 24, 2018, 9:59 pm

Is the IHG Premier Card Compatible with Apple Pay?

Is the new IHG Premier card compatible with Apple Pay?
Old Sep 25, 2018, 6:55 am

No, and I couldn't tell you why.

Sapphires, freedoms, etc are. However the IHG Mastercard is not.
Old Sep 26, 2018, 11:20 pm

100000 ihg points

Has anyone actually received their 100,000 ihg points after meeting your minimum spend? How long did it take?
Old Sep 27, 2018, 2:53 pm

Programs: Hilton - Diamond; SPG/Marriott - Gold
Originally Posted by lilmama48
Has anyone actually received their 100,000 ihg points after meeting your minimum spend? How long did it take?
I met the $3k spend requirement at the end of August but have not yet received the 100k bonus. I sent Chase a secure message and they said that I'll get it after the statement period closes (next week for me).
Old Sep 27, 2018, 3:52 pm

I phoned Chase this Monday about 2500 rebate points from a 25K stay in July and was referred to IHG Rewards. The IHG rep. listened to my complaint of missing Anniv. Free Night as well as 2500 rebate points from a 25K stay in July. She even gave me a Reference # in case I had to phone again !
Tue. night I got both missing items into my account. Then I got a call on my VM Wed. 3 PM EDT from an IHG rep. telling me that they had deposited them.
So I conclude that IHG is the party to call, NOT Chase!
Old Dec 8, 2018, 5:47 pm

Regarding the Chase IHG credit card annual free night, the terms read:
"The Anniversary Free Night must be redeemed, and stay must be completed within the booking window dates shown."

It used to be that you could book within those dates, but stay at some later date.

Is this booking window stipulation strictly enforced?
I recall in the past hearing about exceptions.
Any current data on this?
Old Dec 8, 2018, 6:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Too many to list
Originally Posted by muji
Regarding the Chase IHG credit card annual free night, the terms read:
"The Anniversary Free Night must be redeemed, and stay must be completed within the booking window dates shown."

It used to be that you could book within those dates, but stay at some later date.

Is this booking window stipulation strictly enforced?
I recall in the past hearing about exceptions.
Any current data on this?
You will probably get more answers on this thread in the IHG Forum: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/inte...astercard.html
Old Dec 8, 2018, 8:00 pm

Originally Posted by philemer
You will probably get more answers on this thread in the IHG Forum: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/inte...astercard.html
Thanks, philemer. I searched about, but didn't come across that thread.
Old Jan 2, 2019, 9:05 am

Programs: Delta DM, Hyatt Globalist
Anyone have a delay getting the 100,000 points into their IHG account once it posts on the statement? I met the spend, and my last statement closed about a week ago. On the statement it says 100,600 points were "transferred to IHG Rewards Club". But in my IHG account I only received 600 points. I sent a SM to Chase and they said it takes up to 30 days for the bonus points to actually post. Does this seem right? On my old IHG card I got the bonus points almost as soon as the statement closed (together with any points from spending).
Old Jan 2, 2019, 10:37 am

Programs: Hyatt Glob/UA Gold
Originally Posted by Billy Mumphrey
Anyone have a delay getting the 100,000 points into their IHG account once it posts on the statement? I met the spend, and my last statement closed about a week ago. On the statement it says 100,600 points were "transferred to IHG Rewards Club". But in my IHG account I only received 600 points. I sent a SM to Chase and they said it takes up to 30 days for the bonus points to actually post. Does this seem right? On my old IHG card I got the bonus points almost as soon as the statement closed (together with any points from spending).
Yes, I saw the signup bonus transfer on the chase side, but it took about 5 business days for it to show up on the IHG side. My monthly rewards showed up immediately like yours did.

On a related note, I missed the 90 day signup bonus period by 2 days. Called up to see if I could get an extension and was told no, not possible. After arguing for about 10 minutes, I hung up, and called back the next day. This time the CSR said there was a built in grace period and I'd be getting the bonus. Turns out Chase unofficially gives you something like 115 days! HUCA wins again because I was about to cancel the card on the first call before I decided to calm down.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.