Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

IHG Rewards Club Premier MC- 125K Points, Free Night, $3K spend

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 9, 2018, 9:34 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: MDtR-Chicago
This is the NEW Chase IHG Rewards Club Premier card. It replaced the old IHG Rewards Club Select card in 2018. Existing card members were not automatically product changed to the new card. Among the many changes, the AF jumped from $49 to $89 per year.

Moderator caution: Referral offers -or- links are NOT permitted in any thread in the Chase forum. Instead, see: Credit card referral offers (post only in this thread, read Wikipost first Please do not post ANY application links in the Wikipost or thread, even if you think they are not referral links. If you think there is an extraordinary circumstance where the link is difficult to find elsewhere, consult with a moderator before posting.

Current Offer:

https://creditcards.chase.com/travel...mier?CELL=6TKW

125,000 bonus points

after you spend $3,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening.

Plus, earn 10,000 bonus points after you spend $20,000 on purchases and make one additional purchase each account anniversary year.

This product is available to you if you do not have this card and have not received a new cardmember bonus for this card in the past 24 months.

25X Points Total per dollar at IHG®

That's 10X points at IHG® Hotels and Resorts as an IHG® Rewards Club Premier Credit Cardmember

Plus 10X points from IHG® for being an IHG® Rewards Club member

Plus 5X points from IHG® with Platinum Elite Status, a benefit of this card

2X points per dollar

Earn 2X points on purchases at gas stations, grocery stores, and restaurants.

Earn 1 point per $1 spent on all other purchases.

Anniversary Night

Enjoy a reward night after each account anniversary year at IHG hotels worldwide.
Anniversary free night is only valid at IHG hotels with a current point redemption level of 40,000 points or less.

Fourth Reward Night

Enjoy a reward night when you redeem points for any stay of 4 or more nights.*

Annual Fee

$89 per year. Not waived for the first year.

Chase link to site describing the new cards:
https://www.chase.com/content/chase-...edit-cards/ihg

ChasePremier

However, this is not the best offer out there. If you start making a hotel booking on IHG.com, you will be presented with the same offer (80,000 points + 5,000 for AU) PLUS a $50 statement credit.

IHG forum thread about the new cards (and grandfathered old card for those have it already):
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/inte...d-options.html

For discussion prior to April 2018, see this archived thread.

Q. Where can I learn more about the annual free-night certificate associated with this card? How long are the certificates good for? Are the certificates revoked if you cancel your Chase card?

A. See Annual Free Night Cert from IHG (Rewards Club) Visa / Mastercard.

Q. Once I meet the spending requirement, how soon will I receive my bonus points?

A. Bonus points typically accrue at the close of the billing period in which you incur the corresponding charges. Points should appear in your IHG account within a few days thereafter.

NOTE: If you complete your required spending in the last 7-10 days of the statement period, the bonus may not post until the following month's statement, even if the regular per-dollar points post on the first statement. This is normal behavior for Chase and is not worth a phone call.

Q. Can I apply for this card and earn the bonus after doing so previously?

A. For answers to these and other questions, see the wiki and related discussion in the master discussion thread https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase-ultimate-rewards/2016194-applying-chase-business-cards-april-2020-onward.html

Q. Will the signup bonus count toward Spire Elite status?

A. No.

Print Wikipost

IHG Rewards Club Premier MC- 125K Points, Free Night, $3K spend

Search this Thread

Old Apr 6, 2018, 12:34 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold, Marriott Lifetime Gold, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by wco81
Is the free night at the 40k and under properties worth the $89 annual fee?
The question of worth is totally up to you. Will you spend at least one night a year in an eligible IHG hotel? Would you rather pay dollars for that hotel or $89 a year to get that room for free?
Old Apr 6, 2018, 12:39 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL SM, UA MP.
Originally Posted by mroseman13
The question of worth is totally up to you. Will you spend at least one night a year in an eligible IHG hotel? Would you rather pay dollars for that hotel or $89 a year to get that room for free?

Question is what is the typical rack rate of those hotels?

Are there restrictions on redeeming this benefit, like blacked out dates, only booking on hotel sites, etc.?
Old Apr 6, 2018, 2:08 pm

Programs: Delta, IHG
I signed up for the Select card in Jan and will sign up for the Premiere card this week. Any chance with holding the two cards it will also let me apply for the Travelers card? I'd happily pay $29 for the 60k points. 200,000 points for $118 doesn't sound too shabby.
Old Apr 6, 2018, 2:12 pm

I'd think awards may not be available at major event times, but I just did a search for Boston at Marathon time, and the HI Express at Boston Garden is available for 40K points or $364. Other hotels in Boston proper cost more points. In your area, in San Francisco proper only the Holiday Inn Civic Center is 40K. I presume if it's available for 40K, it's available as the credit card free night. You need to book through IHG, either online or by phone.
Old Apr 6, 2018, 6:04 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL SM, UA MP.
Originally Posted by rove312
I'd think awards may not be available at major event times, but I just did a search for Boston at Marathon time, and the HI Express at Boston Garden is available for 40K points or $364. Other hotels in Boston proper cost more points. In your area, in San Francisco proper only the Holiday Inn Civic Center is 40K. I presume if it's available for 40K, it's available as the credit card free night. You need to book through IHG, either online or by phone.

Thanks, was just curious what kind of hotels FTers have redeemed for the free night.
Old Apr 6, 2018, 9:30 pm

Programs: UA1k, Oneworld Sapphire, Hyatt Globalist, IHG DiamondAmb, Hilton Diamond, Marriott LTP,
Is there any way for Chase to revoke the free night after you cancel the card? Dont see the value in keeping the card now
Old Apr 8, 2018, 3:18 am

I applied in sep 2017. Any recommendations for redemptions in Europe? I really wanted to use this for 1 night at IC Hong Kong but oh well.
Old Apr 8, 2018, 8:50 am

I noticed in the terms that the fourth night free perk for the premier card applies to points only bookings. Points and cash bookings are specifically excluded. Couldn’t one just book a points and cash option, cancel and get the refund in points, then rebook with points only? Has anyone been able to book a fourth night free booking yet?

as a datapoint, I have the old card and just got approved for the new premier. I know with the old card, I got a note in my ihg history about the platnium status upgrade. I’m guessing something similar will happen with the new card so I know it’s perks are in effect.

Last edited by phantom1584; Apr 8, 2018 at 9:11 am
Old Apr 9, 2018, 6:12 am

Programs: UA1k, Oneworld Sapphire, Hyatt Globalist, IHG DiamondAmb, Hilton Diamond, Marriott LTP,
Are there any card upgrade options Or does it make better sense to apply for new card?
Old Apr 9, 2018, 7:32 am

Originally Posted by wco81
Thanks, was just curious what kind of hotels FTers have redeemed for the free night.
The Willard (Washington DC)
Intercontinental Palazzo (Vegas)
Intercontinental San Juan
Crowne Plaza Copenhagen
Intercontinental Times Square (2 nights)
Crowne Plaza Copenhagen (another year)
Holiday Inn Express Inverness

We've been to quite the range of hotels for free thanks to both my wife and I having the card, none would have been under $200/night other than the latter, and some more like $400. And almost all of them would be over 40k now, so big devaluation for us.
Old Apr 9, 2018, 10:04 am

Programs: Marriott LT Titanium; IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by navatwal
Are there any card upgrade options Or does it make better sense to apply for new card?
I would assume you could do a product change up or down if you wanted. no bonus but no spend required.
I will probably get a new card with the sign up bonus.
Old Apr 9, 2018, 10:28 am

Curious if anyone has any data points yet on the 4th night free option? I have the existing card and was approved a few days ago for the new premier card. I have a couple of 4 night upcoming award stays so I'd like to rebook when the perk kicks in. So far when I try 4 night dummy bookings they come up full price.

Would like to hear data points when the perk starts kicking for the new card.
Old Apr 9, 2018, 10:57 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by esterman
Curious if anyone has any data points yet on the 4th night free option? I have the existing card and was approved a few days ago for the new premier card. I have a couple of 4 night upcoming award stays so I'd like to rebook when the perk kicks in. So far when I try 4 night dummy bookings they come up full price.

Would like to hear data points when the perk starts kicking for the new card.
Yes we really need to get more info on how exactly this works. Super frustrated!!
Old Apr 10, 2018, 7:11 am

Programs: AA EXP; Hyatt Globalist; Kimpton IC; IHG Diamond Ambassador;
Angry

Originally Posted by Jimbob20
Yes we really need to get more info on how exactly this works. Super frustrated!!
Just spoke to an IHG rep, and her answer was not satisfactory. Will call back in a few, but here's what she said...

I'm trying to book 4 nights at a 70k per night property. With the new benefit, I'd only need 210k points for the 280k points stay. The IHG rep is telling me that in order for the reservation to be processed, I need 280K points in my account, but only 210K will be charged. This is BS. Nowhere in the terms does it say this. I currently have ~220k points in my account, so according to this rep, I cannot book the 4 nights with this new "benefit." Not a chance I buy another 60K points in order to process this free night.

IHG better have a more satisfactory answer next time I call...
beltway and roundtree like this.
Old Apr 10, 2018, 10:03 am
dw

Programs: DL Plat, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond Amb
Originally Posted by esterman
With the prior IHG Chase card, once one's IHG account was "linked" with the card, a line item would show up in the account activity. I would guess the same will happen with this new card, especially since every activity with IHG (i.e. issuance of credit card anniversary night, renewal of Ambassador status, etc.) seems to generate a line item in the account activity.

That being said, I applied and was approved for the new card on Thursday of last week, and I have yet to see any indication in my IHG account.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.