Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

IHG Rewards Club Premier MC- 125K Points, Free Night, $3K spend

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 9, 2018, 9:34 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: MDtR-Chicago
This is the NEW Chase IHG Rewards Club Premier card. It replaced the old IHG Rewards Club Select card in 2018. Existing card members were not automatically product changed to the new card. Among the many changes, the AF jumped from $49 to $89 per year.

Moderator caution: Referral offers -or- links are NOT permitted in any thread in the Chase forum. Instead, see: Credit card referral offers (post only in this thread, read Wikipost first Please do not post ANY application links in the Wikipost or thread, even if you think they are not referral links. If you think there is an extraordinary circumstance where the link is difficult to find elsewhere, consult with a moderator before posting.

Current Offer:

https://creditcards.chase.com/travel...mier?CELL=6TKW

125,000 bonus points

after you spend $3,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening.

Plus, earn 10,000 bonus points after you spend $20,000 on purchases and make one additional purchase each account anniversary year.

This product is available to you if you do not have this card and have not received a new cardmember bonus for this card in the past 24 months.

25X Points Total per dollar at IHG®

That's 10X points at IHG® Hotels and Resorts as an IHG® Rewards Club Premier Credit Cardmember

Plus 10X points from IHG® for being an IHG® Rewards Club member

Plus 5X points from IHG® with Platinum Elite Status, a benefit of this card

2X points per dollar

Earn 2X points on purchases at gas stations, grocery stores, and restaurants.

Earn 1 point per $1 spent on all other purchases.

Anniversary Night

Enjoy a reward night after each account anniversary year at IHG hotels worldwide.
Anniversary free night is only valid at IHG hotels with a current point redemption level of 40,000 points or less.

Fourth Reward Night

Enjoy a reward night when you redeem points for any stay of 4 or more nights.*

Annual Fee

$89 per year. Not waived for the first year.

Chase link to site describing the new cards:
https://www.chase.com/content/chase-...edit-cards/ihg

ChasePremier

However, this is not the best offer out there. If you start making a hotel booking on IHG.com, you will be presented with the same offer (80,000 points + 5,000 for AU) PLUS a $50 statement credit.

IHG forum thread about the new cards (and grandfathered old card for those have it already):
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/inte...d-options.html

For discussion prior to April 2018, see this archived thread.

Q. Where can I learn more about the annual free-night certificate associated with this card? How long are the certificates good for? Are the certificates revoked if you cancel your Chase card?

A. See Annual Free Night Cert from IHG (Rewards Club) Visa / Mastercard.

Q. Once I meet the spending requirement, how soon will I receive my bonus points?

A. Bonus points typically accrue at the close of the billing period in which you incur the corresponding charges. Points should appear in your IHG account within a few days thereafter.

NOTE: If you complete your required spending in the last 7-10 days of the statement period, the bonus may not post until the following month's statement, even if the regular per-dollar points post on the first statement. This is normal behavior for Chase and is not worth a phone call.

Q. Can I apply for this card and earn the bonus after doing so previously?

A. For answers to these and other questions, see the wiki and related discussion in the master discussion thread https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase-ultimate-rewards/2016194-applying-chase-business-cards-april-2020-onward.html

Q. Will the signup bonus count toward Spire Elite status?

A. No.

Print Wikipost

IHG Rewards Club Premier MC- 125K Points, Free Night, $3K spend

Search this Thread

Old Jun 14, 2018, 8:58 pm
CDO
Suspended

Is one eligible for the bonus of the new ihg card if you have the old one?
Old Jun 14, 2018, 11:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Too many to list
Originally Posted by CDO
Is one eligible for the bonus of the new ihg card if you have the old one?
Yes, it's a new product.
Old Jun 25, 2018, 9:12 pm

Originally Posted by asdfghjk
I have both cards and booked a 4 night stay yesterday. I got charge for 3 nights and the 4th night is free (benefit of the new card). I don't see the 10% point rebate though (benefit of the old card). Any other DPs regarding this? Thanks.
If you only booked yesterday and have not stayed yet, then you obviously need to complete the stay first. The last time I booked a redemption, my old IHG card rebate posted about 3 weeks after my stay and my Ambassador rebate didn't post for another 3 weeks after that (6 weeks total).
Tony300S likes this.
Old Jun 30, 2018, 8:04 pm

Programs: Hilton - Diamond; SPG/Marriott - Gold
I haven't applied for the new IHG card, however, when I log into Chase, I noticed that I can get a referral bonus for referring new cardmembers. Has anyone attempted to refer themselves to get the referral bonus and the signup bonus?
Old Jun 30, 2018, 8:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Blind and Green
I haven't applied for the new IHG card, however, when I log into Chase, I noticed that I can get a referral bonus for referring new cardmembers. Has anyone attempted to refer themselves to get the referral bonus and the signup bonus?
Have not tried it. Give it a try and let us know if it works. But, I think you're wasting your energy.
Old Jun 30, 2018, 8:41 pm

I think it should work. I remember reading that someone did it with the Ink Preferred and it worked.
I personally would just do a fake booking and use the link with $50 statement credit.
Old Jul 1, 2018, 12:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I think it should work. I remember reading that someone did it with the Ink Preferred and it worked.
I personally would just do a fake booking and use the link with $50 statement credit.
Blind and Green is talking about earning a referral bonus for referring himself to a new card, not just applying for a new card. He wants to get a referral bonus AND a new card holder bonus. First, you have to go the Chase "Refer-A-Friend" and generate a "code". Then use that code to apply. Not gonna work, IMHO. Maybe someone can prove me wrong though.

Last edited by philemer; Jul 1, 2018 at 12:11 am
Old Jul 1, 2018, 5:26 am

Originally Posted by philemer
Blind and Green is talking about earning a referral bonus for referring himself to a new card, not just applying for a new card. He wants to get a referral bonus AND a new card holder bonus. First, you have to go the Chase "Refer-A-Friend" and generate a "code". Then use that code to apply. Not gonna work, IMHO. Maybe someone can prove me wrong though.
Sorry. I should have been clearer in my post. The person had the Ink Plus then referred himself to the Ink Preferred. He got both bonuses for that referral (Can't find the original link now).
Again, I personally prefer $50 statement credit over the 10k referral bonus.
Old Jul 5, 2018, 11:43 am

I applied for the card last week and got instant approval. The next day i referred my wife using the last four digits of the card the next day. My wife got approval but we had to call in to move credit around. Its too early to tell if I will get referral bonus, but I did the exact same thing last month for the Hyatt card and i received a 10,000 bonus.
Old Jul 5, 2018, 11:55 am

I have both cards and booked a 4 night stay yesterday. I got charge for 3 nights and the 4th night is free (benefit of the new card). I don't see the 10% point rebate though (benefit of the old card). Any other DPs regarding this? Thanks.
I have both cards. I got approval for the second card on Monday. I have tried to book 4 night stays and i am not getting the 4th night free. do I need to link the card to rewards or who would you call?
Old Jul 5, 2018, 12:27 pm

Originally Posted by terrydude
I have both cards. I got approval for the second card on Monday. I have tried to book 4 night stays and i am not getting the 4th night free. do I need to link the card to rewards or who would you call?
No need to link the card. It is automatic.
You probably have to wait a few weeks.
Old Jul 7, 2018, 1:39 pm

Programs: Hilton - Diamond; SPG/Marriott - Gold
Thank you for the advice. This is exactly what I did. I now have both IHG cards.
Old Jul 7, 2018, 5:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Thank you for the advice. This is exactly what I did. I now have both IHG cards.
Good to get another DP. Thanks.
Old Jul 7, 2018, 6:12 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

That's what I did, but I got a message saying something like We might need more information. I'm waiting for paper mail from Chase.

For what it's worth, after I clicked the Submit button, the screen flashed and then went back to what it had been. After a few minutes, I clicked Submit again and watched more carefully. The web site put up some message for less than a second. I clicked Submit one more time, and this time I was ready. Immediately after clicking Submit, I took a screenshot, and it captured the message about maybe needing more info. Why couldn't Chase leave the message on the screen?
Old Jul 25, 2018, 3:27 pm

IHG Credit Card Questions

I'm very confused about the new card... I've had my IHG card for a few years now where you were able to get 1 free night a year at any IHG property, and pay a $49. annual fee. I know they are discontinuing the card and now doing a lower end card for $29 and one where you get the free night but only if it's under 40,000 points a night while now having an annual fee of $89 a year.

I have 1 free night that needs to be used by 10/1/18 so I know I am grandfathered in and could use it at a hotel that's greater than 40,000. I then saw that people with the original card are actually grandfathered in until May 2019. Does this mean that after 10/1/18 (when my new annual year starts) I will get 1 more anniversary night where it can be used for a hotel greater than 40,000 a night? If so, does this mean I still pay $49 or would I have to pay $89?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.