Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

IHG Rewards Club Premier MC- 125K Points, Free Night, $3K spend

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 9, 2018, 9:34 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: MDtR-Chicago
This is the NEW Chase IHG Rewards Club Premier card. It replaced the old IHG Rewards Club Select card in 2018. Existing card members were not automatically product changed to the new card. Among the many changes, the AF jumped from $49 to $89 per year.

Moderator caution: Referral offers -or- links are NOT permitted in any thread in the Chase forum. Instead, see: Credit card referral offers (post only in this thread, read Wikipost first Please do not post ANY application links in the Wikipost or thread, even if you think they are not referral links. If you think there is an extraordinary circumstance where the link is difficult to find elsewhere, consult with a moderator before posting.

Current Offer:

https://creditcards.chase.com/travel...mier?CELL=6TKW

125,000 bonus points

after you spend $3,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening.

Plus, earn 10,000 bonus points after you spend $20,000 on purchases and make one additional purchase each account anniversary year.

This product is available to you if you do not have this card and have not received a new cardmember bonus for this card in the past 24 months.

25X Points Total per dollar at IHG®

That's 10X points at IHG® Hotels and Resorts as an IHG® Rewards Club Premier Credit Cardmember

Plus 10X points from IHG® for being an IHG® Rewards Club member

Plus 5X points from IHG® with Platinum Elite Status, a benefit of this card

2X points per dollar

Earn 2X points on purchases at gas stations, grocery stores, and restaurants.

Earn 1 point per $1 spent on all other purchases.

Anniversary Night

Enjoy a reward night after each account anniversary year at IHG hotels worldwide.
Anniversary free night is only valid at IHG hotels with a current point redemption level of 40,000 points or less.

Fourth Reward Night

Enjoy a reward night when you redeem points for any stay of 4 or more nights.*

Annual Fee

$89 per year. Not waived for the first year.

Chase link to site describing the new cards:
https://www.chase.com/content/chase-...edit-cards/ihg

ChasePremier

However, this is not the best offer out there. If you start making a hotel booking on IHG.com, you will be presented with the same offer (80,000 points + 5,000 for AU) PLUS a $50 statement credit.

IHG forum thread about the new cards (and grandfathered old card for those have it already):
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/inte...d-options.html

For discussion prior to April 2018, see this archived thread.

Q. Where can I learn more about the annual free-night certificate associated with this card? How long are the certificates good for? Are the certificates revoked if you cancel your Chase card?

A. See Annual Free Night Cert from IHG (Rewards Club) Visa / Mastercard.

Q. Once I meet the spending requirement, how soon will I receive my bonus points?

A. Bonus points typically accrue at the close of the billing period in which you incur the corresponding charges. Points should appear in your IHG account within a few days thereafter.

NOTE: If you complete your required spending in the last 7-10 days of the statement period, the bonus may not post until the following month's statement, even if the regular per-dollar points post on the first statement. This is normal behavior for Chase and is not worth a phone call.

Q. Can I apply for this card and earn the bonus after doing so previously?

A. For answers to these and other questions, see the wiki and related discussion in the master discussion thread https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase-ultimate-rewards/2016194-applying-chase-business-cards-april-2020-onward.html

Q. Will the signup bonus count toward Spire Elite status?

A. No.

Print Wikipost

IHG Rewards Club Premier MC- 125K Points, Free Night, $3K spend

Search this Thread

Old Apr 16, 2018, 6:13 am

Programs: HHonors Gold, IHG Platinum, Marriott nobody
Originally Posted by sdsearch
I also checked mine, and also still have the Platinum status from the old card.

Meanwihle, the new Premier also gives Platinum status:

https://creditcards.chase.com/a1/ihg/premiernaep

so I don't see why that would be an explanation either.
My bad, it is the Traveler version with the $29 fee that comes with the Gold status.

https://creditcards.chase.com/a1/ihg...naep?CELL=6RRW
Old Apr 16, 2018, 3:40 pm

Programs: UA Silver, Hilton HHonors Diamond, IHG Plat
Any upgrade offers for points out there to go from the $49 card to the $89 card?
Old Apr 16, 2018, 5:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Hawkeyefan
Any upgrade offers for points out there to go from the $49 card to the $89 card?
I've never heard of upgrade offers for points from Chase or any other bank other than Amex (which often gives points for upgrading Amex Hilton cards).
Old Apr 19, 2018, 3:08 pm

Can i PC this card into Freedom Unlimited?
Old Apr 20, 2018, 12:48 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by Hawkeyefan
I've never heard of upgrade offers for points from Chase or any other bank other than Amex (which often gives points for upgrading Amex Hilton cards).
The letter from Chase did seem to indicate a "special offer" to upgrade will be revealed in the future.
Old Apr 20, 2018, 8:53 am

Originally Posted by thealphalion
The letter from Chase did seem to indicate a "special offer" to upgrade will be revealed in the future.
Why upgrade when you can just apply for the new card, get the full sign up bonus, and keep the old one open? That way you get 2 certificates a year for an average cost of $69. Plenty of nice European Crowne Plazas and Intercontinentals that rent for 3 times that amount. Not "free" of course, but what is anymore?
Old Apr 20, 2018, 6:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Travelchurner
Can i PC this card into Freedom Unlimited?
I hope you're not asking because of the 3x. Because I would assume the 3x is only for new applications for Freedom Unlimited, not for PC'ing.
Old Apr 21, 2018, 7:25 pm

Have searched for a listing of which IHG properties are 40,000 points or less, but could not find anything.

Would anyone know if such a list exists?
Old Apr 21, 2018, 7:59 pm

Originally Posted by Au4882
was just instantly approved for the Premier IHG card
On the Chase website (https://www.chase.com/personal/credi...r/earn-rewards)
I see only a description of the card, but no "Apply Now" option.
Do you have a direct application link?
Thanks.
Old Apr 21, 2018, 8:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by muji
Have searched for a listing of which IHG properties are 40,000 points or less, but could not find anything.

Would anyone know if such a list exists?
I've seen screen captures of such lists. I think they came from www.pointimize.com. The list showed both the points cost and the cash cost, and was attempting to show the "best value" redemptions below 40k.
Old Apr 23, 2018, 12:43 pm

I hope you're not asking because of the 3x. Because I would assume the 3x is only for new applications for Freedom Unlimited, not for PC'ing.
No, I'm asking because I'm over 5/24 but I'm considering moving all my nonbonus spend from Amex SPG to this card.
Old Apr 23, 2018, 4:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Travelchurner
No, I'm asking because I'm over 5/24 but I'm considering moving all my nonbonus spend from Amex SPG to this card.
In that case, if you're ready to do it, I suggest you ask Chase if it's possible. I don't know if it'll be easy to find datapoints on this specific PC otherwise.

If there are any datapoints, they would presumably be in this thread:

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chas...16-onward.html

(or its predecsssor threads).

Last edited by sdsearch; Apr 23, 2018 at 4:19 pm
Old Apr 23, 2018, 6:25 pm

Originally Posted by dw
I applied last Thursday and just received an email from Chase informing me that my card was sent out yesterday.
Could you post an application link?
I have not been able to find one.
t h a n k s
Old Apr 24, 2018, 6:38 am
dw

Programs: DL Plat, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond Amb
Originally Posted by muji
Could you post an application link?
I have not been able to find one.
t h a n k s
Did you check Ihg.com?
Old Apr 24, 2018, 8:39 am

Originally Posted by dw
Did you check Ihg.com?
I found it there. An Apply Now is still not showing up on the Chase site.

I have added the Premier card application link to the wiki.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.