FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Chase | Ultimate Rewards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase-ultimate-rewards-722/)
-   -   Booking Flights, Rooms, Cars, Cruises, Activities through Chase/Expedia portal. (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase-ultimate-rewards/1901451-booking-flights-rooms-cars-cruises-activities-through-chase-expedia-portal.html)

philemer Oct 28, 2018 11:39 pm

Disappointed with availabilty of Alaska properties for 2019

I'm very disappointed with the lack of hotels/B&Bs/Logdes, etc, that Expedia is making available in the cities & towns I'm searching for in AK next summer. I see a couple places available, per town, and a whole slew of "unavailable" properties. Is this true in the areas you are searching? :td:

mia Oct 29, 2018 6:48 am

Originally Posted by philemer (Post 30367463)
'... Expedia is making available ...

Are you seeing greater availability on expedia.com?

philemer Oct 29, 2018 8:20 am

Originally Posted by mia (Post 30368156)
Are you seeing greater availability on expedia.com?

Yes, tons more. I hope Expedia figures out the issue or they won't be making a lot of hotel rez. for Chase customers. I've only looked at a few cities in AK so not sure how wide spread this is.

mia Oct 29, 2018 10:40 am

Originally Posted by philemer (Post 30368393)
....hope Expedia figures out the issue .....

Maybe it's not a technical issue. Perhaps Expedia obtained the Chase contract by agreeing to accept a discounted reimbursement rate from Chase, in which case they may not list lodging options where they have a lower gross profit -or- where they have an expectation of selling their full inventory through a more profitable channel (such as expedia.com).

philemer Oct 29, 2018 1:14 pm

Originally Posted by mia (Post 30368943)
Maybe it's not a technical issue. Perhaps Expedia obtained the Chase contract by agreeing to accept a discounted reimbursement rate from Chase, in which case they may not list lodging options where they have a lower gross profit -or- where they have an expectation of selling their full inventory through a more profitable channel (such as expedia.com).

Could be. I doubt we'll ever know for sure.

lax01 Oct 29, 2018 11:58 pm

Are you unable at add Hotel Reward programs to the UR Travel portal anymore? I can't seem to find a way add my SPG/Marriott number in the UR Travel portal

philemer Oct 30, 2018 12:06 am

Originally Posted by lax01 (Post 30371589)
Are you unable at add Hotel Reward programs to the UR Travel portal anymore? I can't seem to find a way add my SPG/Marriott number in the UR Travel portal

You could call the hotel after the rez has been made and you'll probably get elite benefits at the hotel but no stay credits. Just what I've noticed with Hilton.

lax01 Oct 30, 2018 12:09 am

Originally Posted by philemer (Post 30371594)
You could call the hotel after the rez has been made and you'll probably get elite benefits at the hotel but no stay credits. Just what I've noticed with Hilton.

Ah got it - Thanks...

Just read through the thread about not getting a confirmed reservation until 24 hour before check-in...is this true even if you are pre-paying? This is specifically a Marriott/SPG property in Hong Kong - so don't exactly want to risk not getting a hotel room for some reason

Thanks again

philemer Oct 30, 2018 12:14 am

Originally Posted by lax01 (Post 30371599)
Ah got it - Thanks...

Just read through the thread about not getting a confirmed reservation until 24 hour before check-in...is this true even if you are pre-paying? This is specifically a Marriott/SPG property in Hong Kong - so don't exactly want to risk not getting a hotel room for some reason

Thanks again

Make the rez. with UR and then wait about 2 days and call call hotel & confirm. It's not a perfect system and crap happens.

mia Oct 30, 2018 9:33 am

Originally Posted by lax01 (Post 30371599)
....is this true even if you are pre-paying? ...

Yes, you are paying Expedia, not the hotel. Expedia (and Priceline) own blocks of room nights. They will decide nearer to the time how fulfill your stay, and they will pay the hotel in accordance with their contract.

lax01 Oct 30, 2018 11:43 am

Originally Posted by mia (Post 30373023)
Yes, you are paying Expedia, not the hotel. Expedia (and Priceline) own blocks of room nights. They will decide nearer to the time how fulfill your stay, and they will pay the hotel in accordance with their contract.

Got it...thanks

philemer Oct 31, 2018 7:12 pm

Originally Posted by philemer (Post 30367463)
I'm very disappointed with the lack of hotels/B&Bs/Logdes, etc, that Expedia is making available in the cities & towns I'm searching for in AK next summer. I see a couple places available, per town, and a whole slew of "unavailable" properties. Is this true in the areas you are searching? :td:

Searched Lahaina, Maui area and it's the same issue. Less than 50 rooms/condos show availability out of over 1800. I haven't tried calling but I'm hoping things improve as they finish integrating their system. Otherwise they'll be getting a lot of phone calls. :td:

ZeroMile Nov 5, 2018 3:22 am

International car rental no longer available?

this is first time try to book a travel since sapphire reserve switched to Expedia, can't get any car rental booked at BKK airport, nor Paris, Munich , called UR customer service, they tell me book through Expedia, LOL!!!

philemer Nov 6, 2018 12:05 am

Originally Posted by ZeroMile (Post 30394467)
this is first time try to book a travel since sapphire reserve switched to Expedia, can't get any car rental booked at BKK airport, nor Paris, Munich , called UR customer service, they tell me book through Expedia, LOL!!!

Not surprised. Switch to Expedia doesn't look like a good deal for us.

mia Nov 6, 2018 6:50 am

Originally Posted by ZeroMile (Post 30394467)
t....called UR customer service, they tell me book through Expedia,

Are they allowing you to redeem points to offset the Expedia charge at the same rate as if you had booked through the Chase portal?