FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Chase | Ultimate Rewards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase-ultimate-rewards-722/)
-   -   Booking Flights, Rooms, Cars, Cruises, Activities through Chase/Expedia portal. (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase-ultimate-rewards/1901451-booking-flights-rooms-cars-cruises-activities-through-chase-expedia-portal.html)

ramlax13 Jan 22, 2019 8:11 am

Originally Posted by fastpoint (Post 30624587)
Forgive me if this has already been addressed.

I have tried multiple times, different computers and browsers to book delta flights through UR with CSR via points. Every time after selecting my flights, I get a message saying the price has now changed and they went up by 15K UR points! Seems to only occur for me with Delta flights. Is this a known issue?

I miss the previous UR portal without Expedia.

Friend of mine is having the same issue with Delta flights. Called chase and they were of no help. Did you ever get this figured out/resolved?

restrictonthehanger Jan 22, 2019 3:32 pm

Didnt see this issue when I booked a OW domestic ticket on Delta a month or 2 ago.

breakthrough37 Jan 23, 2019 11:44 pm

Just tried to book a one way ticket from LAX to CNS on Delta four times on line. Error message "Sorry we are unable to complete booking." I called CSR she tried received the same error. I gave different flights same error. She spoke to her supervisor who said there were no error in the system. The representative transferred me to another agent who received the same error. This agent left me on the phone for another forty minutes. I am going to call the Chase Sapphire Reserve CSR to see if there is anything they can do.

breakthrough37 Jan 24, 2019 11:07 am

Tried to book a one way ticket from LAX to CNS on Delta again this morning same message "Sorry We weren't able to proceed with your booking. You may return to the previous page to try again. Otherwise, please try your search again."
The CSR tried received the same message. Chase UR unable to issue any book.

PopDisplay1 Jan 25, 2019 8:52 am

Chase UR Points, Huge point balance

As of next month I'll have just over 2,000,000 points on my reserve card. Is it foolish to keep the balance vs taking a cash payment? Is there any chance that Chase would cancel the card just to avoid paying out on the points?

mia Jan 25, 2019 9:06 am

Originally Posted by PopDisplay1 (Post 30699428)
...any chance that Chase would cancel the card just to avoid paying out on the points?

No. Chase probably sees 2 million points as a $20,000 liability, which is trivial compared to the aggregate balance of $5.8 billion in unredeemed UR points.

PatrickTM Jan 25, 2019 11:01 am

In my personal opinion, it seems slightly foolish considering that saved points don't accrue interest. If you do plan on redeeming the points in the near future, it makes no difference. However if you don't plan on redeeming for several months, why not cash out, put it in a 2.2% APY online savings account, and accrue massive interest?

PopDisplay1 Jan 25, 2019 11:18 am

Originally Posted by PatrickTM (Post 30700011)
In my personal opinion, it seems slightly foolish considering that saved points don't accrue interest. If you do plan on redeeming the points in the near future, it makes no difference. However if you don't plan on redeeming for several months, why not cash out, put it in a 2.2% APY online savings account, and accrue massive interest?

I guess the easy answer is that if I use the points for travel, I will get a 50% advantage vs cashing out the points (for cash).

philemer Jan 25, 2019 1:16 pm

This. Use what you can to book travel, save some for emergency travel and cash out the rest.

breakthrough37 Jan 25, 2019 6:37 pm

Chase ultimate reward points

I use the UR points most of time for travel. I have never had any problems booking on line before. It has been three days now and the site is still down and the agents on duty are unable to manually process booking.

mia Jan 25, 2019 6:46 pm

Originally Posted by breakthrough37 (Post 30693525)
Just tried to book a one way ticket from LAX to CNS on Delta four times .....

When you try to book on expedia.com do you encounter the same or similar error?

Dr Jabadski Jan 25, 2019 6:48 pm

Originally Posted by PopDisplay1 (Post 30699428)
As of next month I'll have just over 2,000,000 points on my reserve card. Is it foolish to keep the balance vs taking a cash payment? Is there any chance that Chase would cancel the card just to avoid paying out on the points?

I recommend holding and transferring to a partner program when you can get a desired award flight or award stay. Agree that earned points are a constantly devaluing asset and that they do not earn interest. But considering the markedly increased difficulty in obtaining points and miles, I submit that they are essentially an appreciating asset. The past few years have seen miles earned by flying, for most people, to be dramatically reduced. Almost every credit card issuer has instituted significant restrictions on churning accounts and/or bonuses. Most of the low hanging fruit of MS has been eliminated. I submit that the increased difficulty of earning miles and points surpasses their perceived and actual devaluation and absence of accruing interest.

breakthrough37 Jan 25, 2019 8:14 pm

Originally Posted by mia (Post 30701570)
When you try to book on expedia.com do you encounter the same or similar error?

The prices are the same as Expedia but you have to enter your credit card number to complete the booking. The agent at Expedia can issue tickets. UR is separate from Expedia and may not have proprietary rights. The agents can only take information to submit a trouble ticket. There is no estimate on how long the site will be down..

philemer Jan 25, 2019 10:09 pm

Originally Posted by breakthrough37 (Post 30701540)
I use the UR points most of time for travel. I have never had any problems booking on line before. It has been three days now and the site is still down and the agents on duty are unable to manually process booking.

I booked a couple AS tix using Chase UR (never thought I'd do it) this afternoon with no issue.

breakthrough37 Jan 25, 2019 10:59 pm

Booking Flights on Ultimate Reward

I have been trying for three days. The CSR have tried for the last three days and have received the same error. It may be the inventory but the flights shows up on Expedia. The flight is a month away. I try to book three or four times a day. Sometimes I use my iPhone same error.