Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Booking Flights, Rooms, Cars, Cruises, Activities with UR (Jan-Oct 2018)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Booking Flights, Rooms, Cars, Cruises, Activities with UR (Jan-Oct 2018)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 18, 2018, 1:39 am

Programs: Delta SkyMiles; Hilton HHonors; NEXUS; National Emerald Club Executive
UR redemption value

I don't have hard numbers, but it seems to me that the prices offered through the UR portal are consistently higher than what I can find elsewhere, including directly from the airline, rental car company, hotel web site.

Am I just having bad luck with the things I'm searching for, or is Chase inflating prices through the UR portal to reduce the hit of the 1.5x multipler for redemption through the portal? Would like to hear of other people's experiences.
Old Apr 18, 2018, 6:28 am

Originally Posted by txviking
I don't have hard numbers, but it seems to me that the prices offered through the UR portal are consistently higher than what I can find elsewhere, including directly from the airline, rental car company, hotel web site.

Am I just having bad luck with the things I'm searching for, or is Chase inflating prices through the UR portal to reduce the hit of the 1.5x multipler for redemption through the portal? Would like to hear of other people's experiences.
For hotels, the prices generally match what you would find using other OTAs like Expedia. For chain hotels, I've found prices to be better booking directly with the chain. For boutiques, the prices are more likely the same either way.

For airlines, every time I've checked, the price has been identical, though I have read complaints to the contrary.

For car rentals, the Chase UR price is often better than anywhere else. YMMV.
Old Apr 18, 2018, 3:31 pm

FWIW, I booked an American flight through Chase 40 hours before departure, and cancelled it 12 hours later for a full point refund.
Old Apr 22, 2018, 10:02 am

Which travel agency does Chase use for Ultimate Rewards?

Which travel agency does Chase use for administration of its Ultimate Rewards travel benefit?
Old Apr 22, 2018, 11:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Too many to list
Originally Posted by edealinfo12345
Which travel agency does Chase use for administration of its Ultimate Rewards travel benefit?
Connexions Loyalty. Connexions Loyalty ? Customer Loyalty Programs | Travel Leaders | Rewards Content
Old Apr 22, 2018, 11:26 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by philemer
Connexions Loyalty. ....

...which Citi also uses. American Express uses Orbitz, which is part of the Expedia empire. Connexions seems to process its own airline booking, but Connexions hotel booking are often placed through Expedia (shortly before the stay begins).
Old Apr 22, 2018, 3:02 pm

Originally Posted by mia
...which Citi also uses. American Express uses Orbitz, which is part of the Expedia empire. Connexions seems to process its own airline booking, but Connexions hotel booking are often placed through Expedia (shortly before the stay begins).

Thank you
Old Apr 22, 2018, 7:19 pm

I know this particular thread is about using ultimate rewards points, but is there any value in using an airline branded card for every flight purchase?
Old Apr 22, 2018, 8:24 pm

Has anyone had experience purchasing a post-purchase Delta upgrade to Y+ or F? eg. use UR points to purchase the ticket in Y, then going to delta.com to purchase Y+. Is this possible?
Old Apr 23, 2018, 5:58 am

Originally Posted by destroycarthage
I know this particular thread is about using ultimate rewards points, but is there any value in using an airline branded card for every flight purchase?
I don't think there's one global answer to that question. There may be benefits of a certain airline card (like United MPE free checked bags) that require you to use the card for the airfare. You would need to weigh those benefits vs. what you would get from using a different card.
Old Apr 26, 2018, 8:29 pm

What is your process for looking for good deals with UR transfer partners?

Hi,

I'm trying to book a trip to somewhere tropical/beachy from NYC for the last week of may into june. I'm mostly looking for somewhere in the Caribbean or maybe even hawaii if thats possible. I'm also open to locations in the US

I have 90k points trying to book economy flights for two people.

There is just so many travel partners out there and i'm a little overwhelmed...

Thank you in advance for the help!

How do you guys go about searching for good deals?
Old Apr 26, 2018, 10:13 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, UA Silver, Mobile Passport Unobtanium
Originally Posted by AspiringEnthusiast
Hi,

I'm trying to book a trip to somewhere tropical/beachy from NYC for the last week of may into june. I'm mostly looking for somewhere in the Caribbean or maybe even hawaii if thats possible. I'm also open to locations in the US

I have 90k points trying to book economy flights for two people.

There is just so many travel partners out there and i'm a little overwhelmed...

Thank you in advance for the help!

How do you guys go about searching for good deals?
Pick the destination. Go to AwardHacker to see which program offers the best redemption value for the route you desire. (Make sure you "show off-peak award" from the drop-down menu.) Then try to find availability on the partner airline with which you want to redeem. (4-6 weeks in advance is a bit of a tight window, IMO.)

Good luck.
Old Apr 27, 2018, 8:31 am

Call for other price options?

A hotel we wanted to book only is showing one roomtype on Chases Ultimate Rewards site, but has a cheaper options available on other OTAs. Is there an option to call into Chase to have them book it at the lower rate to be able to use points but at cheaper price?
Old Apr 27, 2018, 2:11 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold, Marriott Lifetime Gold, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by sea_flyer_17
A hotel we wanted to book only is showing one roomtype on Chases Ultimate Rewards site, but has a cheaper options available on other OTAs. Is there an option to call into Chase to have them book it at the lower rate to be able to use points but at cheaper price?
Be the data point you wish to see
Old Apr 27, 2018, 10:25 pm
t1c

Programs: AMEX, Ritz LT-Plat Prem, Hyatt Plat, SPG Plat, Hilton Diamond, Delta Plat, United Gold, Sixt Plat
Why don't you just find some great international deals say for under 1k and pay with points...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.