Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 24, 2020, 2:01 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: philemer
New offer for Chase Ink Card. $350 when you spend $3,000 on purchases in the first 3 months and an additional $400 when you spend $6,000 on purchases in the first 6 months after account opening.

https://creditcards.chase.com/busine...cash?CELL=6TKV

Print Wikipost

INK Business Cash.

Search this Thread

Old Apr 11, 2018, 5:16 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by NYCExplorer137
... I do have a legitimate business .....
Did you submit the application using any company name other than your own First and Last names?
Old Apr 11, 2018, 5:28 pm

Originally Posted by mia
Did you submit the application using any company name other than your own First and Last names?
No but I did use my office address that I work out of sometimes. Very frustrating. She also accused me of not having a legitimate business because I don't use an EIN.

Last edited by NYCExplorer137; Apr 11, 2018 at 7:51 pm
Old Apr 13, 2018, 9:34 am

Originally Posted by NYCExplorer137
No but I did use my office address that I work out of sometimes. Very frustrating. She also accused me of not having a legitimate business because I don't use an EIN.
Called again today and spoke to someone who was much more helpful. I explained the situation to him and he escalated it and they were able to change it to my home address. Address needs to be the same as your home if sole proprietorship and you do not have a business name or EIN. Received instant approval without submitting additional documents.

Last edited by NYCExplorer137; Apr 13, 2018 at 9:51 am
Old May 2, 2018, 9:26 pm

Finally took the plunge and applied.

Got the decision pending page. *shrugs*
Old May 3, 2018, 10:45 am

Programs: Northwest, United
Asking for a friend...

How hard is it to qualify for the Ink Cash card versus the premium Ink cards (Ink Preferred/Bold/Plus)?
My friend is new to credit cards. I believe he has had a card or two over the years but comes from the misguided "don't use credit cards" school of thought. I've corrected his thinking and he has now awakened. I'm not sure if he would qualify for the premium Ink cards right now (limited credit history) but the Ink Cash would be great for him - if he can get it. It would also help him build credit for future premium cards (his spouse does have premium Ink cards, so he could and would combine his UR points to her account for use).

My question is, are the credit-worthiness requirements for the Ink Cash card similar to those for the other Ink cards, or are they more like those for the Freedom cards or other no-fee Chase cards. I'm assuming that, for someone with a thin credit profile, those no-fee cards are easier to qualify for...but have no idea if that's also true for the no-fee Ink Cash card.
Anyone know or care to speculate? Thanks.
Old May 3, 2018, 12:10 pm

I had Ink classic card for long time but in beginning of the year chase converted it to Ink Cash car automatically and I did not get any bonus, could I still apply this card and eligible for the bonus?
Old May 3, 2018, 12:27 pm
mia

Originally Posted by mak101
...could I still apply this card and eligible for the bonus?
Terms say:

I understand that any new cardmember bonus offers for this product are not available to either current or previous cardmembers of this product who received a new cardmember bonus for this product in the last 24 months.
I read this to mean that you would first need to close your existing INK Cash account.
Old May 4, 2018, 5:58 am

Originally Posted by nwflyboy
Asking for a friend...

How hard is it to qualify for the Ink Cash card versus the premium Ink cards (Ink Preferred/Bold/Plus)?
My friend is new to credit cards. I believe he has had a card or two over the years but comes from the misguided "don't use credit cards" school of thought. I've corrected his thinking and he has now awakened. I'm not sure if he would qualify for the premium Ink cards right now (limited credit history) but the Ink Cash would be great for him - if he can get it. It would also help him build credit for future premium cards (his spouse does have premium Ink cards, so he could and would combine his UR points to her account for use).

My question is, are the credit-worthiness requirements for the Ink Cash card similar to those for the other Ink cards, or are they more like those for the Freedom cards or other no-fee Chase cards. I'm assuming that, for someone with a thin credit profile, those no-fee cards are easier to qualify for...but have no idea if that's also true for the no-fee Ink Cash card.
Anyone know or care to speculate? Thanks.
Limited credit history will hurt his chances on either card--Chase doesn't typically like thin credit files for any of their cards. The only thing that makes Ink Cash easier to be approved for is the lower minimum credit line. Ink Preferred requires a $5k credit limit, Ink Cash can be approved with a lower limit.

Keep in mind, since Ink Cash is a business card, it will not appear on your friend's credit report. Therefore it will do nothing to help build his credit going forward. If I were you, I would steer your friend towards personal cards--not business cards.
jjmiller69 likes this.
Old May 4, 2018, 7:03 am

Programs: UA 1K - 2.1MM, HH LT Diamond, IHG Diamond, Bonvoy LT Titanium, Hyatt Glob
I had Ink classic card for long time but in beginning of the year chase converted it to Ink Cash car automatically and I did not get any bonus, could I still apply this card and eligible for the bonus?
I have the “old” Ink Cash that gives 3x UR points for Gas, Dining, Home Improvement and I was told it’s a different product than the current 5-2-1x Cash product. I recently applied for and got the current Ink Cash card and 50k point bonus.
jjmiller69 likes this.
Old May 4, 2018, 8:42 am

Programs: AS, AA Gold, and Hilton
Originally Posted by pallhedge
Limited credit history will hurt his chances on either card--Chase doesn't typically like thin credit files for any of their cards. The only thing that makes Ink Cash easier to be approved for is the lower minimum credit line. Ink Preferred requires a $5k credit limit, Ink Cash can be approved with a lower limit.

Keep in mind, since Ink Cash is a business card, it will not appear on your friend's credit report. Therefore it will do nothing to help build his credit going forward. If I were you, I would steer your friend towards personal cards--not business cards.
I can confirm they will go to $3,000 CL on the Ink Cash. I don't know if they will go any lower?
Old May 4, 2018, 2:45 pm

Originally Posted by Magic Pickles

I have the “old” Ink Cash that gives 3x UR points for Gas, Dining, Home Improvement and I was told it’s a different product than the current 5-2-1x Cash product. I recently applied for and got the current Ink Cash card and 50k point bonus.
That is good to know, is there any way to find out if I have old version or new one?
Old May 4, 2018, 3:33 pm

Programs: UA 1K - 2.1MM, HH LT Diamond, IHG Diamond, Bonvoy LT Titanium, Hyatt Glob
That is good to know, is there any way to find out if I have old version or new one?
It is “old” if you have the 3x rewards program vs. current 5-2-1x as I mentioned earlier.
Old May 30, 2018, 12:46 pm

Buying $300/mo of store gift cards on CIC at OD/OM, risk of review or shutdown?

I'd like to use my CIC's 5x category to buy store gift cards(NOT visa/mc) from Office Max. I know the Visa gift cards are red flags, but what about the store gift cards (whole foods, best buy, etc)?

Spend wise, I anticipate after meeting the 3k minimum req, my monthly spend would be $300/mo of store gift cards, and $200/mo of cable and phone bills. Probably no other spend. Am I poking the bear if eyes ever get put on my account?

Thanks,
Heli

Last edited by Heliface; May 30, 2018 at 3:19 pm
Old May 30, 2018, 12:50 pm
mia

INK Preferred does not have any 5X categories. Which card(s) do you have INK Preferred or INK Cash?
Old May 30, 2018, 1:30 pm

Originally Posted by mia
INK Preferred does not have any 5X categories. Which card(s) do you have INK Preferred or INK Cash?
Woops! Meant to say Chase Ink Cash. I've updated the original post. Thanks!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.