Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Will JPM Chase create an Ink Reserve Card to compete with Amex Business Platinum?

Will JPM Chase create an Ink Reserve Card to compete with Amex Business Platinum?

Old Feb 27, 2018, 8:35 pm
Original Poster

I was wondering if anyone besides myself thinks that JP Morgan Chase might create an Ink Reserve card to compete with the American Express Business Platinum Card. Chase finally completed converting remaining Ink Mastercard to Visa brand and now only have two variants of the Ink product. Also the current Chase Ink Preferred product carries the same annual fee of $95 just like the personal card Sapphire Preferred product. It seems JPM Chase is using the same nomenclature between the personal and business cards and the next logical step would be a Ink Reserve Card. Lightning could strike twice for Chase if they were able to pull off a similar card geared towards business.
Old Feb 27, 2018, 9:11 pm
LAX

Programs: OZ Diamond
Originally Posted by AAdmiral
I was wondering if anyone besides myself thinks that JP Morgan Chase might create an Ink Reserve card to compete with the American Express Business Platinum Card. Chase finally completed converting remaining Ink Mastercard to Visa brand and now only have two variants of the Ink product. Also the current Chase Ink Preferred product carries the same annual fee of $95 just like the personal card Sapphire Preferred product. It seems JPM Chase is using the same nomenclature between the personal and business cards and the next logical step would be a Ink Reserve Card. Lightning could strike twice for Chase if they were able to pull off a similar card geared towards business.
This might be my only hope for 100K bonus (actually, I would be happy with 75K!).

LAX
Old Feb 28, 2018, 7:11 am

Should come around mid August but not with the reserve nomenclature
Old Feb 28, 2018, 1:11 pm

The Ink Preferred already has a wide variety of 3x categories, what is it you'd want out of an Ink Reserve? The 1.5 cents/point redemption for travel? Priority Pass?
Old Mar 5, 2018, 7:35 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by nall
The Ink Preferred already has a wide variety of 3x categories, what is it you'd want out of an Ink Reserve? The 1.5 cents/point redemption for travel? Priority Pass?
I already have the JPM Reserve & Chase Sapphire Reserve cards but I use those for personal uses. MY current Ink Cards dont have the features of an Amex Centurion or Platinum Business Card. Since I make business charges on the Ink Cards, it would be nice to see similar benefits of the Reserve Cards on the business side. $300 dollar travel credit would be great as that would bring the annual fee to $150 vs $95 of the current Ink Cards I have but offer the greater benefits. I already have more Priority Pass memberships than I can count so that would be a moot point for me. The 50% travel redemption bonus instead of 25% on current Ink Cards. Would also be great if Chase created something similar to Amex FHR program maybe Chase could give additional benefits to hotels & airlines that it currently also co-issues cards to. Offer access to United Club for same day travel as the Platinum card offers Delta Sky Club access. I would just like to have an alternate premium business card to compete with the Centurion & Platinum Amex card. Remember as we all know some places still dont take Amex. Also if Amex felt threatened by a new premium business card product they would also have to step up their game as they did when the CSR came out.

Last edited by AAdmiral; Mar 5, 2018 at 7:51 am
Old Mar 12, 2018, 2:54 pm

5x UR points on air could do it for me
Old Mar 14, 2018, 5:17 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by dlesin
Dlesin, can you give us anymore information or insight?
Old Mar 14, 2018, 7:13 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, UA Silver, Mobile Passport Unobtanium
Originally Posted by dlesin
Just curious, AAdmiral, why are you assigning credibility to that post?
Old Mar 14, 2018, 7:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
I already have the JPM Reserve & Chase Sapphire Reserve cards but I use those for personal uses. MY current Ink Cards don’t have the features of an Amex Centurion or Platinum Business Card. Since I make business charges on the Ink Cards, it would be nice to see similar benefits of the Reserve Cards on the business side. $300 dollar travel credit would be great as that would bring the annual fee to $150 vs $95 of the current Ink Cards I have but offer the greater benefits. I already have more Priority Pass memberships than I can count so that would be a moot point for me. The 50% travel redemption bonus instead of 25% on current Ink Cards. Would also be great if Chase created something similar to Amex FHR program maybe Chase could give additional benefits to hotels & airlines that it currently also co-issues cards to. Offer access to United Club for same day travel as the Platinum card offers Delta Sky Club access. I would just like to have an alternate premium business card to compete with the Centurion & Platinum Amex card. Remember as we all know some places still don’t take Amex. Also if Amex felt threatened by a new premium business card product they would also have to step up their game as they did when the CSR came out.
So let me get this straight: you'd be excited about an Ink Reserve card that gives you a chance to pay another net annual fee to Chase, that's mostly unnecessary?

-The 50% travel redemption bonus instead of 25% on current Ink Cards. Solution: Transfer your Ink URs to your CSR and redeem there. Problem solved.

-Chase created something similar to Amex FHR program Solution: this already exists https://www.lhrcollection.com/

-Offer access to United Club for same day travel as the Platinum card offers Delta Sky Club access. Solution: no solution, I think this is a pipe dream. If Chase was going to do it I'd have thought they'd do it with the CSR. I guess they thought it posed too much of a risk to the United Club and UC Biz cards? Or maybe United didn't go along? Either way Amex is the only one who offers this perk, lest we forget the Citi Prestige lost its same day Admirals Club access in last summers benefit "enhancements"

I'm all for new cards as much as the next guy if for nothing but the sign up bonus, but you can already accomplish much of what you want with your existing card suite.
Diplomatico likes this.
Old Mar 15, 2018, 7:01 am

Programs: Hyatt Lifetime Globalist
Originally Posted by krazykanuck
-Chase created something similar to Amex FHR program Solution: this already exists lhr collection website (link removed)
Three Chase cards and I did not know about that, thanks for mentioning! Perks look very similar to FHR, maybe even better (food credit instead of spa credit).
Old Mar 15, 2018, 7:15 am
mia
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend; Moderator: American Express, Capital One, Citi, Chase, Credit Card Programs, Diners Club, Signatures

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
-Chase created something similar to Amex FHR program Solution: this already exists https://www.lhrcollection.com/

-
Discussion here:

Chase Luxury Hotel Collection
Old Mar 15, 2018, 1:55 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Diplomatico
Just curious, AAdmiral, why are you assigning credibility to that post?
In the past Dlesin has provided insight regarding the JP Morgan Reserve Visa Infinite Card due to his relationship with JP Morgan. You can scan the JPM Reserve Card thread.
Diplomatico likes this.
Old Mar 15, 2018, 2:07 pm
Original Poster

-Chase created something similar to Amex FHR program Solution: this already exists.

I'm all for new cards as much as the next guy if for nothing but the sign up bonus, but you can already accomplish much of what you want with your existing card suite.
Agreed that much is already available, but not yet on par with Amex Platinum Business Card benefits . FHR offers many more benefits than Chases luxury hotel option. Especially when it comes to the Centurion Card benefits.

If Chase brings out a $450 level Ink card but gives $300 credit like the personal reserve card does in rebates for travel then the net cost difference would be $55 more than the Ink Preferred Card. Remember many places especially outside the US dont accept Amex. Costco is a great example of somewhere that the Ink Visa card can be used but not Amex. I feel that if such a card comes out, Amex will have to stay on its toes to keep up with Chase and may add more benefits to the Amex Platinum which would benefit us all.
Old Mar 18, 2018, 6:13 pm

Programs: DL Platinum, 1 MM

Agreed that much is already available, but not yet on par with Amex Platinum Business Card benefits . FHR offers many more benefits than Chase’s luxury hotel option. Especially when it comes to the Centurion Card benefits.

If Chase brings out a $450 level Ink card but gives $300 credit like the personal reserve card does in rebates for travel then the net cost difference would be $55 more than the Ink Preferred Card. Remember many places especially outside the US don’t accept Amex. Costco is a great example of somewhere that the Ink Visa card can be used but not Amex. I feel that if such a card comes out, Amex will have to stay on its toes to keep up with Chase and may add more benefits to the Amex Platinum which would benefit us all.
Chase lost a boatload of money on the Reserve card, I doubt that management will spring for another $300M loss to "compete" with Amex.
Old Mar 18, 2018, 6:22 pm

I don't have much. I was discussing the dominance of Amex corp cards with some of the people I do business with @JPM and they mentioned they're looking to roll out something that slots between the current ink line of cards that mostly caters to medium size businesses and the dominant Amex product that's so widely used. I haven't a clue if it'd entail different points structures but being familiar with the card teams approach to customer conversion I'd imagine it would include something enticing to switch over from the tried and true Amex approach

Last edited by dlesin; Mar 20, 2018 at 8:54 pm

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.