Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Chase UR points value vs Amex MR?

Search this Thread

Old May 3, 2018, 10:03 am

The other value to booking with your Chase Reserve UR Travel is the included Trip Insurance you get with Chase.

The free coverage is substantial enough to cover the insurance required by some tours ( valued at >$250 depending on the cost of the trip). It is not only for travel by tours, any travel is covered. But.......you must purchase the travel with the Reserve Card.

Amex Plat does not have trip insurance but does offer the best Medical Evacuation coverage around ($100k?). They don't require you to purchase the travel with the card to receive this benefit as they consider you as a "Amex Member" and it is offered as benefit to all members.

tons of info here:
https://thepointsguy.com/2017/05/acc...ion-insurance/

Last edited by msk6261; May 3, 2018 at 10:49 am
Old May 3, 2018, 10:22 am

Programs: HH Diamond, Sixt Platinum, IHG Spire Ambassador, Marriott/SPG Gold .....
96k MR miles transferred with bonus to Virgin Atlantic 120k
1 first class round trip NYC to Tokyo
20k flight for 96k MR

does this imply they are worth 20+ cents a MR? Only if I would be willing to spend the $ on ANA otherwise

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.