Wiki Posts
Search

New Starbucks Card issued by Chase

Search this Thread

Old Feb 15, 2018, 7:28 am

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Mosaic
Originally Posted by fliesdelta
Yes, maximize value, minimize health!

Also, why stop at venti, when they have the trenti cups?
Trenta.

Does the card offer bonus stars for spend at hospitals or liposuction clinics?
hi55us likes this.
Old Nov 5, 2018, 7:42 pm

Programs: AA Gold, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, National Executive Elite
You are now aware if you take the previous high offer of 6500 bonus stars and only use it on the most expensive thing available ($10.95), you can get a whopping $569.40 value out of the sign-up bonus...
Old Nov 5, 2018, 7:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Where does the $10.95 limit come from? Is there a "most expensive thing" given the customization options?
Old Nov 6, 2018, 11:36 am

Programs: AAdvantage, Amex MR
As someone who likes to treat themselves to Starbucks every so often this card is a big fat meh. The opportunity cost of using this card instead of a travel rewards card is not worth it. IMO most store cards are like this, the only store card I have is a Target Redcard which seems to be by far the most rewarding store card out there, at least of the places I shop at regularly.
Old Nov 6, 2018, 1:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Dadaluma83
As someone who likes to treat themselves to Starbucks every so often this card is a big fat meh. The opportunity cost of using this card instead of a travel rewards card is not worth it. IMO most store cards are like this, the only store card I have is a Target Redcard which seems to be by far the most rewarding store card out there, at least of the places I shop at regularly.
I suspect that their target audience is people who don't necessarily qualify for a good travel card. This could very easily be the best available option for someone.
Old Nov 6, 2018, 2:28 pm

Surely if someone could get this card, they could get a freedom, right?

As for branded store cards, maybe the amazon one with 5% back on amazon purchases is pretty decent (if you shop amazon a lot.)

This one? Not a chance in the pit of hades.
Old Nov 6, 2018, 2:37 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by VegasGambler
I suspect that their target audience is people who don't necessarily qualify for a good travel card. ....
I know for certain that not everyone enjoys travel.
Old Nov 6, 2018, 3:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: GE, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by thunderlounge
Surely if someone could get this card, they could get a freedom, right?
Freedom has a FTF though. That might not matter much, however, for those who are very infrequent travelers.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.