Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

What is your UR Balance and what are you saving for?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What is your UR Balance and what are you saving for?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 21, 2018, 9:24 pm
Suspended
Hyatt 10+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

Originally Posted by mhdena
Make up your mind!
You'd be surprised no doubt to find some have MMs in multiple programs.
Sure you can. I get MM AmEx MR points. I'd better to use it and not accumulate the points....
Old Feb 24, 2018, 3:17 am

Being new to this part of my problem is spending as soon as I get them. Just made it up to 21000+ points but about to use them on a rental car. Even though this may not be the best choice it's better than the 60k AMEX points that I was going to use...
Old Feb 24, 2018, 7:36 am
Suspended
Hyatt 10+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

Originally Posted by Caribgrl
Being new to this part of my problem is spending as soon as I get them. Just made it up to 21000+ points but about to use them on a rental car. Even though this may not be the best choice it's better than the 60k AMEX points that I was going to use...
What is the rush? Better to put the points into the best use, like Hyatt and airline, even the Chase 1.5x travel spending if you get the CSR.
Caribgrl likes this.
Old Feb 24, 2018, 8:01 am

Programs: HHonors Lifetime Diamond, UA Million Miler Gold, Marriott Platinum
21,000 is getting pretty close to 25,000 which transferred to United is a saver economy ticket. Seems more valuable than a car rental but not sure I have enough details
Caribgrl likes this.
Old Feb 24, 2018, 5:07 pm

Thanks for that. Muchto think about. But I guess at this point for my upcoming trip just trying to end up with less out of pocket as possible...
Old Feb 24, 2018, 5:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
But I guess at this point for my upcoming trip just trying to end up with less out of pocket as possible...
And that's the thing, is everybody has a slightly different style, and overtime you'll figure out where you are on the spectrum. Some people want to eliminate spending cash as much as possible, others are fine spending cash if using points would lead to a less than optimal redemption.

Personally I'm not in this game trying to spend zero cash. I'm in this game to travel further and better than I can solely using cash, and that means generally using my points for nice hotels and biz/first class award tickets that I normally wouldn't choose to or be able to afford.
uppereastsider and Caribgrl like this.
Old Feb 25, 2018, 6:25 pm

Originally Posted by RedSun
Can you let us know how you accumulate 1.7 MM UR points? If you earn 2 points/$, it is $850,000 spending. If you earn 5 points/$, it is still $340,000 spending. You only accumulate that if you run a lot of business spending. Even it is hard for MS to do it. Chase has cracked down on MS to earn UR points....
Accumulated 2.7 million through business spending. No bonus categories.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.