Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Ultimate Rewards discriminating against my wife

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 13, 2018, 3:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 0.9MM, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Hertz PC, SBux Gold, TSA Pre✓
Originally Posted by copaflyer
But they take all allegations of disrimination seriously and it is against company policy. Yet my wife is being disriminated because of race, national orgin, martial status, gender, sexual orientation and religion.
My last word on this.

Chase has clearly spoken out. Think whatever you want to think. Do whatever you want to do.

Continuing as-is will not help your situation at all, unless you decide to act radically.
Old Jan 13, 2018, 7:57 pm
Moderator: Travel Buzz

Moderator Note: This discussion has run its course. The thread is now closed.
Old Mar 13, 2018, 5:34 pm
Original Poster

Walked away from Chase

After a very big but simple issue with Chase that they refused to acknowledge or address (you can search for it) I have walked away from Chase in the best way possible. I had the United Club card, Chase sapphire reserve, ink, marriott, business marriot, ihg, hyatt, freedom, freedom unlimited and at least 2 others. Very disappointed it had to come to this but it was their choice.
Old Mar 13, 2018, 5:43 pm

Good for you! Kick 'em where it really hurts!

I wonder how this will affect your credit report / rating .....
jjmiller69 likes this.
Old Mar 13, 2018, 6:14 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, UA Silver, Mobile Passport Unobtanium
"Cutting off the nose to spite the face" is an expression to describe a needlessly self-destructive over-reaction to a problem: "Don't cut off your nose to spite your face" is a warning against acting out of pique, or against pursuing revenge in a way that would damage oneself more than the object of one's anger."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cuttin...spite_the_face
jjmiller69 likes this.
Old Mar 13, 2018, 6:27 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Previous thread is here:

Old Mar 13, 2018, 6:40 pm

I wouldn't have walked away from Chase but I respect the OP for putting his money where his mouth is.
Old Mar 13, 2018, 6:57 pm

Programs: MAR AMB, WOH Explorist, AA EXP, UA 2P
Ciao!
Old Mar 13, 2018, 7:14 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Originally Posted by copaflyer
After a very big but simple issue with Chase that they refused to acknowledge or address (you can search for it) I have walked away from Chase in the best way possible. I had the United Club card, Chase sapphire reserve, ink, marriott, business marriot, ihg, hyatt, freedom, freedom unlimited and at least 2 others. Very disappointed it had to come to this but it was their choice.
With 11 cards, if bank's could click their heels and dance a jig, Chase would do so here.
jjmiller69 likes this.
Old Mar 13, 2018, 10:38 pm

Programs: Avis President's Club, Global Entry, Hilton/Marriott Gold. No more DL/AA status.
I gave up on Chase years ago, and only briefly looked back when the CSR was offering 100k miles (3x on travel and dining are huge for us with Costco Citi, so with the extra value of UR it would be nice). But I put my money where my mouth is and won't give them business. I even checked with my mortgage broker to find out who they sold to, wanting to make sure I wasn't stuck with Chase another 15 years.

If you don't already have an Amex Plat, now's the time

^
Old Mar 13, 2018, 11:00 pm

Programs: HHonors Lifetime Diamond, UA Million Miler Gold, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by Gig103
I gave up on Chase years ago, and only briefly looked back when the CSR was offering 100k miles (3x on travel and dining are huge for us with Costco Citi, so with the extra value of UR it would be nice). But I put my money where my mouth is and won't give them business. I even checked with my mortgage broker to find out who they sold to, wanting to make sure I wasn't stuck with Chase another 15 years.

If you don't already have an Amex Plat, now's the time

^
CSR is so much better that Amex Platinum.
jjmiller69 likes this.
Old Mar 13, 2018, 11:30 pm

Programs: Avis President's Club, Global Entry, Hilton/Marriott Gold. No more DL/AA status.
Originally Posted by HawkeyeFlyer
CSR is so much better that Amex Platinum.
I won't argue that, except for the fact it's run by Chase, a company I trust with my money about as much as I trust United with my dog.
strickerj likes this.
Old Mar 14, 2018, 12:15 am

Originally Posted by Gig103
I won't argue that, except for the fact it's run by Chase, a company I trust with my money about as much as I trust United with my dog.
So don't bank with them. And you don't have to Bank with AMEX. I am essentially using THEIR money when they extend me credit. What risk or trust issue do you have with that
Old Mar 14, 2018, 12:40 am

Originally Posted by HawkeyeFlyer
So don't bank with them. And you don't have to Bank with AMEX. I am essentially using THEIR money when they extend me credit. What risk or trust issue do you have with that
I don't trust Chase to act ethically, or honestly, or to honor their commitments. As a result, which is the entire point of this thread, like copaflyer I will not do any business with Chase or let them earn interchange fees on my charges. I realize that I am leaving money and perks on the table and the point of this thread is that it's something we've consciously decided to do. Am I a HVC? No, but I can still vote with my wallet. Amex has treated me right time and time again and I like that.
Old Mar 14, 2018, 12:46 am

The thread also discusses "biting your nose off to spite your face". You are leaving some of the best earning cards in the world out of your portfolio. Certainly your choice but in the end of the day I want the best value for the money I spend and Chase has it over Amex right now.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.