Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Chase price protection: black friday

Search this Thread

Old Nov 18, 2017, 12:10 am
Original Poster

Chase price protection: black friday

Does this work? Opinions seems to be all over the based on the language in the benefits guide. But hoping someone has some actual experience?

There's a couple items I want to pick up at Walmart with 5x points, but don't want to battle black friday crowds.
Old Nov 18, 2017, 6:56 am

I believe it only on Citibank cards, and unfortunately not also on Chase cards but someone else will have to confirm. Citibank cards also offer 2 additional years of warranty on electronics versus the Chase additional 1 year. In those respects, the Citibank cards are better
Old Nov 18, 2017, 7:55 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold, HHonors Diamond
Here is the benefits guide for CSR (the CSP guide is similar): https://cdn.f9client.com/api3/file/1...bdf6333be45740.

Where exactly is the language that excludes Black Friday sales? Unless you mean "limited quantity promotions", which I imagine excludes sale prices like "only 5 available per store".

Neil
Old Nov 18, 2017, 9:22 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by missamo80

Where exactly is the language that excludes Black Friday sales?...
Could be this:

Price Protection does not apply to:
• Advertisements for flea markets, fire sales, limited quantity promotions, seasonal sales or Auctions
• Advertisements of sales of seasonal or discontinued items including, but not limited to, holiday decorations, clothes, or costumes
In the second sentence I think they mean that we cannot (example) buy Christmas decorations before the holiday, and claim back the price difference when they are discounted afterwards. I do not know what the "seasonal sales" in the first sentence references.
Old Nov 18, 2017, 9:58 am
Original Poster

Yes, the seasonal sale is what concerns me.

plenty of comments speculating if black Friday works, but I haven't seen any actual experiences.

citi price rewind worked for me, but has different language.

would just use my citi card but 5x at wal mart is tough to pass up.
Old Nov 18, 2017, 10:40 am

I’m curious too. I bought a bunch of furniture from American Signature about 6 weeks ago and almost every piece is discounted in their Black Friday ad. I used my Chase Freedom Unlimited which should offer price protection as well. Any insight would be awesome!
Old Nov 18, 2017, 12:34 pm

File a claim and let us know how it goes!
Old Nov 20, 2017, 2:24 pm
Original Poster

bought what i wanted at full price with a known black friday sale. I'll save the ads on Friday and submit the claim. Will let everyone know how it goes.
Caribgrl likes this.
Old Nov 21, 2017, 3:26 pm

chase price protection black friday

For what it's worth, I submitted several claims last year and was successfully reimbursed using all 3 of my chase cards (chase ink, freedom and sapphire). Along with several other items, I purchased hatchimals and nintendo games and a console prior to black friday online (amazon and other stores)- they were all ridiculously overpriced (as much as $100 more than original price) On black friday I looked online for sale prices and found them on amazon. walmart and target. So, I took a screenshot of the EXACT item with a reduced price (when not listed in an ad, I simply added the item to my shopping cart and took a screenshot of that) I submitted them and I was fully reimbursed for sale items on all 3 cards. I plan to do the same thing this year- hopefully the "seasonal sale" policy will continue to be a non-factor.
Old Nov 21, 2017, 5:23 pm
Original Poster

That's great news. Thanks! I feel better with someone giving actual experience.
Old Nov 27, 2017, 4:36 pm

Programs: World of Hyatt, Marriott Bonvoy, Hilton Honors, UA Mileage Plus
I bought two FitBits for $149 and then tried to price match to the $99 sale price. Chase denied both claims due to “seasonal pricing”. Now granted, I submitted the ad from macys.com which said “Black Friday Sale” price. I called and was informed as long as the words “Black Friday”, “Cyber Monday”, “Christmas”, “Memorial Day” etc. do not appear in the ad I would be reimbursed. If they did I would not be reimbursed. I searched and found the items on another website without the words Black Friday and submitted those claims on Friday. I’ll let you know if they “reconsider”.
Old Nov 28, 2017, 7:53 am

Originally Posted by mia
Could be this:

In the second sentence I think they mean that we cannot (example) buy Christmas decorations before the holiday, and claim back the price difference when they are discounted afterwards. I do not know what the "seasonal sales" in the first sentence references.
I interpret "seasonal sales" the same way you interpret holiday decorations. For example, you can't buy a sweater or winter jacket at full price in February and then match it when the price drops before the summer.
Old Nov 28, 2017, 1:21 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Moderator action

Discussion of new printed Attestation Form has been moved to separate thread:

New Wet Signature / Attestation Form Requirement for Chase Price Protection
Old Dec 11, 2017, 3:16 pm

Programs: Hilton Gold, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by jags86
I bought two FitBits for $149 and then tried to price match to the $99 sale price. Chase denied both claims due to “seasonal pricing”. Now granted, I submitted the ad from macys.com which said “Black Friday Sale” price. I called and was informed as long as the words “Black Friday”, “Cyber Monday”, “Christmas”, “Memorial Day” etc. do not appear in the ad I would be reimbursed. If they did I would not be reimbursed. I searched and found the items on another website without the words Black Friday and submitted those claims on Friday. I’ll let you know if they “reconsider”.
I was denied for the same reason: "seasonal sale"

Did you have luck resubmitting? I just did it and wondering if there is any hope of success...
Old Dec 11, 2017, 3:31 pm

Programs: World of Hyatt, Marriott Bonvoy, Hilton Honors, UA Mileage Plus
Originally Posted by jlsf
I was denied for the same reason: "seasonal sale"

Did you have luck resubmitting? I just did it and wondering if there is any hope of success...
Sort of. I found another site that didn’t use the words “Black Friday” and got them to approve one of the claims. The other one they keep denying saying it isn’t an “identical item” which I just don’t understand because they approved one but not the other...

I haven’t called yet to complain about it yet but will tomorrow if I don’t hear back from them by EOB today.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.