FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Chase | Ultimate Rewards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase-ultimate-rewards-722/)
-   -   "Chase Offers" (merchant branded discounts or rebates on specific cards) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase-ultimate-rewards/1877604-chase-offers-merchant-branded-discounts-rebates-specific-cards.html)

jdang Nov 14, 2017 4:21 pm

"Chase Offers" (merchant branded discounts or rebates on specific cards)

First I heard of Chase Offer I saw on: http://viewfromthewing.boardingarea....371.1488278343

Its pretty much similar to amex offers but with your Chase Marriott. I can't find any info about this but I like it since I recently got my Chase Marriott card. I would actually use some of the offers.

Diplomatico Nov 14, 2017 6:33 pm

And Chase's slash and burn pursuit of AMEX continues.....

makavel Nov 14, 2017 8:31 pm

Chase Offers appears to be available on the business version of the Marriott Rewards card as well. I was able to create an account and add offers to my business card.

Kacee Nov 14, 2017 9:48 pm

Signed up for the Whole Foods and Nordstrom offers. They're pretty generous.

penner42 Nov 16, 2017 5:51 pm

Some datapoints:
Bought Nordstrom gift cards online. It shows pending on my statement as CS *NORDSTROM GIFT CAR and I did not get an email confirmation about using my offer.
Bought Amazon gift cards in-store at Staples. Immediately got an email saying the credit would post in 3-10 days. Will report back.

Edit: No statement credit yet, but I got this email from Chase:
https://cimg8.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...0e821f24d0.png

Points Scrounger Jan 12, 2018 11:36 am

Chase Marriott Rewards

I've added Starbucks 10% back (usual restrictions against supermarket, airport, etc. locations), as well as $10 back on a single $40 Etsy purchase. There's an item I want there for $15 + $5 shipping, so will look for another as well. Unfortunately, no PayPal transactions, which code as ... well ... PayPal instead. I'm hoping that shipping and tax qualify, so that's it's $40 net final charge, as with Amex and B of A schemes.

Also added Whole Foods $10 back on a single $25 minimum transaction.

HawkeyeFlyer Jan 12, 2018 2:38 pm

Originally Posted by Diplomatico (Post 29061801)
And Chase's slash and burn pursuit of AMEX continues.....

They have been pretty darned successful at it

nall Jan 16, 2018 11:05 pm

Looks like you can add multiple cards to a single account - can you redeem an offer on both, or do you have to put them on separate accounts?

Also - any idea what the procedure is when a statement credit doesn't post?

Points Scrounger Jan 18, 2018 6:15 am

At present, I'm finding that Chase offers are more relevant to me than Amex sync ones. Also, I like that Chase sends a confirming email when the credit is actually applied, not just triggered.

DG206 Jan 18, 2018 3:06 pm

Originally Posted by Points Scrounger (Post 29307776)
At present, I'm finding that Chase offers are more relevant to me than Amex sync ones. Also, I like that Chase sends a confirming email when the credit is actually applied, not just triggered.

Me too. Hoping this expands beyond Marriott card here at some point soon

levilevi Feb 15, 2018 10:46 am

Any data points on Whole Foods being in one purchase or over time?

sdsearch Feb 17, 2018 10:24 am

Originally Posted by levilevi (Post 29420366)
Any data points on Whole Foods being in one purchase or over time?

Which exact Whole Foods offer? :confused:

At Amex (where they've been offered for a long time), some have been one purchase and others have been cumulative purchases. You always need to read the T&Cs, and then if you're still not sure, post the T&Cs here for us to evaluate.

And not necessarily does everyone have the same offers.

The one that Points Scrounger mentioned a few posts above:

Originally Posted by Points Scrounger (Post 29284653)
Also added Whole Foods $10 back on a single $25 minimum transaction.

that's clearly on a single transaction. (I just waited until they had a sale on non-perishable and/or frozen stuff I wanted to stock up on so that I could do a single purchase. But I used up mine a couple months ago, so I'm not sure if the one I used is the one you would see currently.)

levilevi Feb 18, 2018 9:33 am

Yeah - I saw that, the terms on mine are a little ambiguous, but I've actually spent two transcations separates over $25 in the last week, with nothing, so I'm just going to get some stuff like you said non-perishables on sale, to get it:

$10 back on your next purchase of $25 or more
Limit 1 per activation/account. See full terms.
Terms and Conditions
Must use registered Chase Marriott Visa card. Valid for in-store or online purchase of $25 or more. Not valid on gift card purchases. Not all merchant locations may be monitored by Visa. Limit 1 $10 statement credit redemption per activation/account.

Separately, whats the notification system like on these? Instant/near instant email like Amex or delayed or just a credit shows up whenever?

sdsearch Feb 18, 2018 7:23 pm

Originally Posted by levilevi (Post 29430603)
Yeah - I saw that, the terms on mine are a little ambiguous, but I've actually spent two transcations separates over $25 in the last week, with nothing, so I'm just going to get some stuff like you said non-perishables on sale, to get it:

$10 back on your next purchase of $25 or more
Limit 1 per activation/account. See full terms.
Terms and Conditions
Must use registered Chase Marriott Visa card. Valid for in-store or online purchase of $25 or more. Not valid on gift card purchases. Not all merchant locations may be monitored by Visa. Limit 1 $10 statement credit redemption per activation/account.

Read that carefully. It says "purchase" (singular) in both places. That is the big clue that it has to be one purchase.

To me, because I look at the grammar carefully, I see nothing ambiguous about your T&Cs.

When an offer allows accumulated spend, it'll say something "$10 back on purchases of $25 or more" (plural "purchases"), or maybe even "$10 back on $25 or more in total purchases".

If you don't look at the grammar carefully, you run the danger of misinterpreting promos. The details are often spelled out only in the grammar!

nall Feb 19, 2018 8:18 pm

Does not seem to work on Ritz Carlton cards. (Before there are any snarky remarks, Ritz Carlton is part of Marriott.)