Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

"Chase Offers" (merchant branded discounts or rebates on specific cards)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 27, 2019, 5:45 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: beltway
This thread is for discussion of so-called Chase Offers, which have the following characteristics:
  • They are visible in your Chase Online account and in the app.
  • They are tied to specific cards, not to every Chase card you hold.
  • They are targeted. You will not necessarily receive the same offer on a specific card type (or even any offer at all) compared to other holders of that card.
  • There may be multiple simultaneous variations of a given offer. Current offers for a specific merchant may vary in terms of discount level (e.g., 10% vs. 20%), expiration date, or maximum benefit. Pay close attention to the particulars of each offer.
  • You must register for (“add”) an offer in order to use it. (The Chase Offers FAQ states incorrectly that registration is not required.)
  • They run for short periods (typically less than 30 days), not for a full quarter.
  • They generally offer a percentage discount (up to a stated maximum) or, less commonly, a fixed rebate (for spending a stated minimum amount) on purchases from an individual merchant. They are typically not for spending in generic categories such as groceries, gas, etc., although these do show up on rare occasions.
  • They are typically for one-time use only. On rare occasions, however, a Chase Offer may apply to all purchases (up to a set maximum) made with the relevant card during the offer period.
  • Chase will occasionally extend an offer with no notice other a changed expiration date in the offer T&C. This does not allow for double-dipping: that is, you may not use a one-time offer during the added period if you already used it during the initial validity period.
  • Statement credits may take as long as two weeks to appear in your transactions.
    • You can adjust your profile settings to receive email notification—usually arriving within a few hours—after you’ve made a qualifying purchase.
    • One-time offers will still be displayed in your account for a number of days after a qualifying purchase. This phenomenon does not mean that the offer is still available. A prudent cardholder will keep track separately of which offers they’ve used.
    • Used offers will eventually move to the “Redeemed” tab in your offers for a given card. These normally appear well before the credit itself posts.
    • Unused offers will move to the “Expired” tab after the offer deadline passes. This also happens to used offers if the purchase occurs shortly before offer expiration. Do not worry; the offer will eventually move to the “Redeemed” tab as discussed above.
  • PayPal “double-dipping” is possible. If PayPal is a bonus category for a card on which you also have a Chase Offer, you can double-dip by using PayPal (charged to the relevant card) to make the purchase.
For discussion of Chase’s unrelated quarterly “mybonus” offers, see the wiki and discussion at Chase "My Bonus" promotions (targeted category bonuses)
Print Wikipost

"Chase Offers" (merchant branded discounts or rebates on specific cards)

Search this Thread

Old May 2, 2019, 9:03 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by Steve in Olympia
...can’t seem to switch to my other cards/accounts.
Below the Offers in the left panel, click See All Offers. That will load a new page, and in the upper left there is a pull down box where you can choose another card account.
Attached Images   
Old May 2, 2019, 9:42 am
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
I have 20% off when spending $99+ on an annual plan at Dropbox up to $20 max. The offer panel says it expires 5/27 but the fine print says 5/26. Either way I wonder if I can contact Dropbox and have them charge my annual renewal a couple weeks early...
Old May 2, 2019, 10:08 am

Programs: AA, WN, UA, Bonvoy, Hertz
I have seen some recent system behaviors that are a bit concerning.

I am now seeing inconsistent lists of offers between Chase app - Chase Pay app - Chase website. In general, the Chase Pay app had the least updated list of offers for me. It does appear they are making some small fixes on the website so that clicking an offer doesn't make you go all the way back to the main menu to find more offers to add.

I am sure others notice that bounceback offers will often show up at 5% (instead of 10%). One workaround is to use another Chase card that has the offer at the higher percentage.

Even though I have this program across a number of issuers (AmEx, BofA and Chase), I find the AmEx version (which has both Cardlytics and their own offers) often the best because they do more of spend $, get $ offers, rather than % offers. Those threshold spend offers can result in 20-25% savings versus 10%. BofA coin program encourages behavior on offers there for an extra bonus based on number of offers redeemed. For offers that are more targeted, on all issuers, you have to ensure a variety of spending in categories and merchants. Otherwise, you just will continue to see the generic offers (like in the screenshot above).
Old May 2, 2019, 11:31 am

Originally Posted by Steve in Olympia

On my Chase homepage, Chase Offers appears on the left-hand side, just below the list of my accounts and cards.

However, the offers are for only one of my credit cards, and I can’t seem to switch to my other cards/accounts. On my phone, I can easily switch between the offers for each account.
Ahh thanks, I guess I never scrolled down that far. When I click "See all offers", the next page has a dropdown with my other cards, so I can switch between offers for each account.
Steve in Olympia likes this.
Old May 2, 2019, 6:44 pm

Programs: DL , AC, BA, Hhonors Diamond, IH Platinum, Bonvoy Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by mia
Started late 2018.
Oh. So I've only missed a few months. I don't feel quite as stupid.
Old May 5, 2019, 11:16 am

Programs: 3RR, UA, BA, AA, HH, Marriott RW,
I've used this several times for some very nice bonuses, posted correctly, no issues so far.
Old May 8, 2019, 10:25 pm
Moderator: Chase Ultimate Rewards

Programs: UA 2P, MR LT Plat, IHG Plat, BW Dia, HH Au, Avis PC
I also recently used the Starbucks offer for a reload on their app and it worked fine.

Had a similar offer for Dunkin', that also credited on a Dunkin' app reload, however I didn't read the terms carefully. The Starbucks offer was worded as 10% back up to $3 across all purchases. The Dunkin' offer was only on the FIRST purchase. So I ended up with only a $1 credit on a $10 load, then the offer disappeared.
Old May 9, 2019, 7:15 am
mia

Originally Posted by MDtR-Chicago
....I didn't read the terms carefully.....
It's refreshing to read a post in which a person takes responsibility for his own oversight.
pallhedge and levilevi like this.
Old May 13, 2019, 9:36 pm

Folks might want to check their Chase Offers. I do not know how often they are updated, but some new offers have appeared.....and a few of them are actually useful.
Old May 14, 2019, 7:50 pm

Programs: DL , AC, BA, Hhonors Diamond, IH Platinum, Bonvoy Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Just an FYI for those who are new to these offers (like me):

The ones that I've been getting aren't all they're cracked up to be. "10% off" turns out to only be a maximum of $3. The new Sheraton 15% off is to a maximum of $33. Really not as generous as Amex offers.
Old May 21, 2019, 11:39 am

Where are Chase Offers in the mobile app?

I now have the Freedom Unlimited card, but I cannot find the Chase Offers in the app nor on the website. Where are Chase Offers located?
Old May 21, 2019, 12:09 pm
mia

Originally Posted by comptalk
...cannot find the Chase Offers in the app....
Open Freedom Unlimited in the app, scroll down below Account Services to a section headed Chase Offers. (This is for the Android version. iOS may be different.) Instructions for the website are earlier in this thread.
Old Jun 12, 2019, 9:02 am

Chase Offers

Anyone know if the Chase Offers for 10% back say using your CF or CFU at Staples and Lowe's works with gift card purchases. Didn't really see anything otherwise but rather be more sure.
Old Jun 12, 2019, 10:01 am
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by Caribgrl
Anyone know if the Chase Offers for 10% back say using your CF or CFU at Staples and Lowe's works with gift card purchases. Didn't really see anything otherwise but rather be more sure.
I've gotten the credit when buying GCs at both Lowes and Staples (but it was a while ago and I don't recall what the T&C said).

At Rite Aid recently where the offer terms excluded gift cards, I received the "Congrats! You've successfully redeemed one of your Chase Offers" email, but the credit did *not* post, FWIW.
Caribgrl likes this.
Old Jun 24, 2019, 10:15 am

Glad I bypassed those offers and got the recent 25% at Staples. Now what are the chances of a better offer at Lowe's before the week is over with...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.