Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

"Chase Offers" (merchant branded discounts or rebates on specific cards)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 27, 2019, 5:45 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: beltway
This thread is for discussion of so-called Chase Offers, which have the following characteristics:
  • They are visible in your Chase Online account and in the app.
  • They are tied to specific cards, not to every Chase card you hold.
  • They are targeted. You will not necessarily receive the same offer on a specific card type (or even any offer at all) compared to other holders of that card.
  • There may be multiple simultaneous variations of a given offer. Current offers for a specific merchant may vary in terms of discount level (e.g., 10% vs. 20%), expiration date, or maximum benefit. Pay close attention to the particulars of each offer.
  • You must register for (“add”) an offer in order to use it. (The Chase Offers FAQ states incorrectly that registration is not required.)
  • They run for short periods (typically less than 30 days), not for a full quarter.
  • They generally offer a percentage discount (up to a stated maximum) or, less commonly, a fixed rebate (for spending a stated minimum amount) on purchases from an individual merchant. They are typically not for spending in generic categories such as groceries, gas, etc., although these do show up on rare occasions.
  • They are typically for one-time use only. On rare occasions, however, a Chase Offer may apply to all purchases (up to a set maximum) made with the relevant card during the offer period.
  • Chase will occasionally extend an offer with no notice other a changed expiration date in the offer T&C. This does not allow for double-dipping: that is, you may not use a one-time offer during the added period if you already used it during the initial validity period.
  • Statement credits may take as long as two weeks to appear in your transactions.
    • You can adjust your profile settings to receive email notification—usually arriving within a few hours—after you’ve made a qualifying purchase.
    • One-time offers will still be displayed in your account for a number of days after a qualifying purchase. This phenomenon does not mean that the offer is still available. A prudent cardholder will keep track separately of which offers they’ve used.
    • Used offers will eventually move to the “Redeemed” tab in your offers for a given card. These normally appear well before the credit itself posts.
    • Unused offers will move to the “Expired” tab after the offer deadline passes. This also happens to used offers if the purchase occurs shortly before offer expiration. Do not worry; the offer will eventually move to the “Redeemed” tab as discussed above.
  • PayPal “double-dipping” is possible. If PayPal is a bonus category for a card on which you also have a Chase Offer, you can double-dip by using PayPal (charged to the relevant card) to make the purchase.
For discussion of Chase’s unrelated quarterly “mybonus” offers, see the wiki and discussion at Chase "My Bonus" promotions (targeted category bonuses)
Print Wikipost

"Chase Offers" (merchant branded discounts or rebates on specific cards)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 11, 2019, 3:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: GE, Marriott Platinum
Just got the email from Chase saying that I'm going to get the cash back for the Airbnb purchase. I guess as long as you add the offer before the charge posts, it's all okay? Not that I'm going to necessarily plan on doing so, mind you, but it's good that there's some sort of grace period.
Old Jan 11, 2019, 7:22 pm

Does the JPM Reseve get the Chase offers? I cannot seem to find any in the app nor on jpmorgan.chase.com. I do not have any other Chase cards.
Old Jan 11, 2019, 9:23 pm

Programs: AA, WN, UA, Bonvoy, Hertz
If it was possible to get offers for any given Chase card, I would look in the Chase Pay app.

I do have some cards that I do not use which do not get offers including a debit card. I don't believe the Disney cobrand gets offers either, but other cobrands do.
Old Jan 15, 2019, 2:44 am

Is Chase going to always have these offers? Because maybe with getting another card I'll get better offers.
Old Jan 15, 2019, 8:26 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by Caribgrl
Is Chase going to always have these offers?
Nothing is forever. This is an outsourced advertising program. Chase has likely contracted to have the program run for a period of time, and there will be periodic reviews and contract renegotiations, same as any other benefit. The more the early offers are used, the easier it is for the agency to sell ads to other companies.
Caribgrl likes this.
Old Jan 17, 2019, 2:28 pm

SO I just got an email to activate offers before they are gone, saw on my desktop , clicked, and was taken to a URL starting chaseoffers.chase.com - I know a lot of people were saying the could only find on the mobile app, but here I am on Chrome, adding offers.
Old Mar 3, 2019, 7:32 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Just noticed 15% off at UA (min $100 spend, max $50 discount) on my CSR, expires 3/20.
Old Mar 25, 2019, 6:29 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL DM, SPG Plat, Hilton Gold
Weird. I have both the Hyatt card and CSR card. Used to be able to toggle between the cards to select Chase Offers. Now only allows me to show offers (or actually just one dumb offer from Exhale) for the Hyatt card. Is this user error or has something run amok?
Old Apr 30, 2019, 7:29 pm

Programs: DL , AC, BA, Hhonors Diamond, IH Platinum, Bonvoy Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Why am I just now finding out about Chase Offers when I've had my CSR for over 2 years?

Sigh.
Old Apr 30, 2019, 8:11 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by hotturnip
Why am I just now finding out about Chase Offers when I've had my CSR for over 2 years?
Started late 2018.
Old Apr 30, 2019, 10:18 pm

The last few offers I added and used correctly did not post to my statement as they should have. I even waited 40 days from the date of the charge just to make sure adequate time was given. Always double check if you are going to use these incentives to drive your purchasing as you could end up in a losing situation if Chase doesn't hold up their end of the deal.

I have called to let them know that they owe me money back, and am still waiting for credits to post.
Old Apr 30, 2019, 11:02 pm

They're now available on the desktop website too.
Old May 1, 2019, 7:26 pm

Location: The place where it gets so hot in the summer some planes can't take off.
Programs: Marriott LT Titanium, WoH Globalist, National EE, United Platinum
I used to get a ton of offers with my CFU. Closed that after 3% was over and still have CF and CSR. CSR actually has zero offers now and only one I want to use on CF is starbucks. Hopefully they come back.
Old May 2, 2019, 8:01 am

Originally Posted by nall
They're now available on the desktop website too.
I don't see it on my desktop website. Is it buried somewhere?
Old May 2, 2019, 8:49 am

Originally Posted by pallhedge
I don't see it on my desktop website. Is it buried somewhere?
On my Chase homepage, Chase Offers appears on the left-hand side, just below the list of my accounts and cards.

However, the offers are for only one of my credit cards, and I can’t seem to switch to my other cards/accounts. On my phone, I can easily switch between the offers for each account.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.