Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

"Chase Offers" (merchant branded discounts or rebates on specific cards)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 27, 2019, 5:45 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: beltway
This thread is for discussion of so-called Chase Offers, which have the following characteristics:
  • They are visible in your Chase Online account and in the app.
  • They are tied to specific cards, not to every Chase card you hold.
  • They are targeted. You will not necessarily receive the same offer on a specific card type (or even any offer at all) compared to other holders of that card.
  • There may be multiple simultaneous variations of a given offer. Current offers for a specific merchant may vary in terms of discount level (e.g., 10% vs. 20%), expiration date, or maximum benefit. Pay close attention to the particulars of each offer.
  • You must register for (“add”) an offer in order to use it. (The Chase Offers FAQ states incorrectly that registration is not required.)
  • They run for short periods (typically less than 30 days), not for a full quarter.
  • They generally offer a percentage discount (up to a stated maximum) or, less commonly, a fixed rebate (for spending a stated minimum amount) on purchases from an individual merchant. They are typically not for spending in generic categories such as groceries, gas, etc., although these do show up on rare occasions.
  • They are typically for one-time use only. On rare occasions, however, a Chase Offer may apply to all purchases (up to a set maximum) made with the relevant card during the offer period.
  • Chase will occasionally extend an offer with no notice other a changed expiration date in the offer T&C. This does not allow for double-dipping: that is, you may not use a one-time offer during the added period if you already used it during the initial validity period.
  • Statement credits may take as long as two weeks to appear in your transactions.
    • You can adjust your profile settings to receive email notification—usually arriving within a few hours—after you’ve made a qualifying purchase.
    • One-time offers will still be displayed in your account for a number of days after a qualifying purchase. This phenomenon does not mean that the offer is still available. A prudent cardholder will keep track separately of which offers they’ve used.
    • Used offers will eventually move to the “Redeemed” tab in your offers for a given card. These normally appear well before the credit itself posts.
    • Unused offers will move to the “Expired” tab after the offer deadline passes. This also happens to used offers if the purchase occurs shortly before offer expiration. Do not worry; the offer will eventually move to the “Redeemed” tab as discussed above.
  • PayPal “double-dipping” is possible. If PayPal is a bonus category for a card on which you also have a Chase Offer, you can double-dip by using PayPal (charged to the relevant card) to make the purchase.
For discussion of Chase’s unrelated quarterly “mybonus” offers, see the wiki and discussion at Chase "My Bonus" promotions (targeted category bonuses)
Print Wikipost

"Chase Offers" (merchant branded discounts or rebates on specific cards)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 1, 2019, 7:37 pm

Originally Posted by Zorak
What do you mean by "each transaction"? The Staples 30%/$19 offer I have explicitly states "offer valid one time only."
Offer is valid once for each card you add it to, and I have 6 cards with the offer which I did separately to earn the max rebate.
Steve in Olympia and Zorak like this.
Old Jan 1, 2019, 8:34 pm

Programs: BA Gold, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
30% Staples offer applied for me. The 10% remained unused. I had added the 30% first and 10% right after it(few seconds later)
Old Jan 2, 2019, 12:06 am

How long are they going to be sending out these offers? Mine seem to be drying up. Not sure if it's only because I used the couple of 30% offers they sent or what...Just refuse to use those 5-10% ones.
Old Jan 2, 2019, 10:19 am

Programs: AA, WN, UA, Bonvoy, Hertz
I did have some new ones launch. I also had some that I accepted, but did not use, renew after the expiration date.

It does appear the new ones are based on spend history so you have to get desired charges to trigger (family clothing stores, Italian restaurants, etc.)
Old Jan 3, 2019, 8:50 am

My recent offer credits have not yet posted(Staples, Google Express) even though I got the emails and I see the correct amounts in the 'Redeemed and Expired offers' It used to post around same time as the email but not its been 4 working days. Anyone else in the same boat?
Old Jan 3, 2019, 3:10 pm

Originally Posted by Acid
My recent offer credits have not yet posted(Staples, Google Express) even though I got the emails and I see the correct amounts in the 'Redeemed and Expired offers' It used to post around same time as the email but not its been 4 working days. Anyone else in the same boat?
My credits have posted long after the emails. Probably about a week later.
TravelinSperry likes this.
Old Jan 3, 2019, 6:43 pm

Originally Posted by krazykanuck
They don't appear to stack. I had both of those on each of my Freedom cards and I bought a $200 VGC on each card. Got the emails today and 1 Freedom card it triggered the $6 back and the other it triggered the $19 one. The unredeemed offer is still available on each card. I'm not sure how the system decided which offer applied. The only thing that comes to mind is maybe it uses the offers in the order that you add them? Because I think on the 2nd card I added the $19 offer first, and then the $6 one, but I'm not 100% sure. Bottom line is they don't seem to be stackable so be careful which one you add if one is more lucrative than the other.
To help confirm what seems apparent. I added the 10% offer before the 30% offers became available on two of my cards and the 10% was used. So it definitely seems that first added is what is used first. Don't see any way to remove an offer once added either. Guess I'm going back to Staples.
Old Jan 5, 2019, 2:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: GE, Marriott Platinum
I reserved an Airbnb today and didn't realize that there was an offer on my CSR for them. I added it right after though. Should I only expect it to apply to the second half of the balance once it gets closer to the travel date, or is there a chance that I'll still get the credit once the first charge posts?
Old Jan 7, 2019, 3:23 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, IHG Platinum
Does anyone know where to view Chase offers on JP Morgan Online or the mobile app? Thanks in advance.
Old Jan 7, 2019, 8:58 am

Originally Posted by cce5858
Does anyone know where to view Chase offers on JP Morgan Online or the mobile app? Thanks in advance.
Chase Offers do not appear online; you must use the app.

On the app, click on each credit card (or checking account), then scroll to the bottom of the page. You will see your offers.

I finally received notice from Chase that I had triggered the $19/30% Staples rebate on two cards.

Last edited by Steve in Olympia; Jan 7, 2019 at 9:14 am
Old Jan 7, 2019, 9:16 am

Programs: UA 1K - 2.1MM, HH LT Diamond, IHG Diamond, Bonvoy LT Titanium, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by Steve in Olympia

On the app, click on each credit card (or checking account), then scroll to the bottom of the page. You will see your offers.

I finally received notice from Chase that I had triggered the $19 Stsples rebate on two cards.
Have you or anyone here noticed any personal cards that are not appearing selectable for offers on the app? I have IHG Premier and JPMR that are not available as choices to select and view offers on the app.

As a side note, I have a second checking account that has offers but it’s linked to the debit card on the primary checking so I have no idea how that can be used as they only allow one personal debit card.
Old Jan 7, 2019, 10:35 am

Programs: UA 1MM, AA Plat, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Glob, IHG ♢ Amb, Hilton ♢, Hertz Pres
Originally Posted by Acid
Originally Posted by pallhedge
My credits have posted long after the emails. Probably about a week later.
Same here. My Google Express offer posted - probably a week or week and a half max after purchase.
Old Jan 7, 2019, 12:50 pm

Originally Posted by TravelinSperry
Same here. My Google Express offer posted - probably a week or week and a half max after purchase.
Got both Google and Staples(30%) today too - so took about 10 days
Old Jan 10, 2019, 2:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Steve in Olympia

When did they change this? Chase Offers definitely did appear online when Chase Offers debuted a bit over a year ago with Marriott cards. I used them, and I've never used a Chase app in my life.
Old Jan 10, 2019, 5:47 pm

Originally Posted by sdsearch
When did they change this? Chase Offers definitely did appear online when Chase Offers debuted a bit over a year ago with Marriott cards. I used them, and I've never used a Chase app in my life.
Chase Offers first appeared on Marriott and Slate cards in November of 2017. Hyatt cards were added at some point. The program stopped in April 2018. The program re-launched on November 11, 2018, app only.
krazykanuck likes this.

Last edited by Steve in Olympia; Jan 10, 2019 at 5:55 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.