Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

"Chase Offers" (merchant branded discounts or rebates on specific cards)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 27, 2019, 5:45 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: beltway
This thread is for discussion of so-called Chase Offers, which have the following characteristics:
  • They are visible in your Chase Online account and in the app.
  • They are tied to specific cards, not to every Chase card you hold.
  • They are targeted. You will not necessarily receive the same offer on a specific card type (or even any offer at all) compared to other holders of that card.
  • There may be multiple simultaneous variations of a given offer. Current offers for a specific merchant may vary in terms of discount level (e.g., 10% vs. 20%), expiration date, or maximum benefit. Pay close attention to the particulars of each offer.
  • You must register for (“add”) an offer in order to use it. (The Chase Offers FAQ states incorrectly that registration is not required.)
  • They run for short periods (typically less than 30 days), not for a full quarter.
  • They generally offer a percentage discount (up to a stated maximum) or, less commonly, a fixed rebate (for spending a stated minimum amount) on purchases from an individual merchant. They are typically not for spending in generic categories such as groceries, gas, etc., although these do show up on rare occasions.
  • They are typically for one-time use only. On rare occasions, however, a Chase Offer may apply to all purchases (up to a set maximum) made with the relevant card during the offer period.
  • Chase will occasionally extend an offer with no notice other a changed expiration date in the offer T&C. This does not allow for double-dipping: that is, you may not use a one-time offer during the added period if you already used it during the initial validity period.
  • Statement credits may take as long as two weeks to appear in your transactions.
    • You can adjust your profile settings to receive email notification—usually arriving within a few hours—after you’ve made a qualifying purchase.
    • One-time offers will still be displayed in your account for a number of days after a qualifying purchase. This phenomenon does not mean that the offer is still available. A prudent cardholder will keep track separately of which offers they’ve used.
    • Used offers will eventually move to the “Redeemed” tab in your offers for a given card. These normally appear well before the credit itself posts.
    • Unused offers will move to the “Expired” tab after the offer deadline passes. This also happens to used offers if the purchase occurs shortly before offer expiration. Do not worry; the offer will eventually move to the “Redeemed” tab as discussed above.
  • PayPal “double-dipping” is possible. If PayPal is a bonus category for a card on which you also have a Chase Offer, you can double-dip by using PayPal (charged to the relevant card) to make the purchase.
For discussion of Chase’s unrelated quarterly “mybonus” offers, see the wiki and discussion at Chase "My Bonus" promotions (targeted category bonuses)
Print Wikipost

"Chase Offers" (merchant branded discounts or rebates on specific cards)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 27, 2018, 8:23 am

Has Chase always done these offers? I'm a newbie to their app and a few of their cards. I have had the CF for a but new to everything else. Wondering how much i missed out on...
Old Dec 27, 2018, 8:27 am

Originally Posted by Caribgrl
Has Chase always done these offers? I'm a newbie to their app and a few of their cards. I have had the CF for a but new to everything else. Wondering how much i missed out on...
You didn't miss out. Chase Offers are new.
Caribgrl likes this.

Last edited by mia; Dec 27, 2018 at 9:27 am Reason: Formatting
Old Dec 27, 2018, 12:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Steve in Olympia
I am seeing a 30% back (up to $19) at Staples on one of my Chase cards. Gift cards are not excluded.
I have this as well as a 10% back up to $6 on both my Freedoms and Ritz card. I was curious if they'd stack, so I bought a $200 VGC. Guess we'll find out in 10 days or so.
Old Dec 27, 2018, 4:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, DL Silver, UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Platinum + LT Gold
My FU earns me 3% UR on everything, the rebate offset is only 1.5%. so not only I am earning the cash rebate, I am also earning UR without the correspond spend.
Old Dec 28, 2018, 5:59 pm

Programs: *G^2, Bonvoyed, NEXUS
Are these offers stackable?

I have for Staples on the same card:

1. 10% back, $6 max, expires 31 Dec ($60 purchase required for max)
2. 30% back, $19 max, expires 24 Jan (63.34 purchase required for max)

If i make a purchase today for 63.34 or more, will both offers apply? Or will the older one take precedence?
Old Dec 29, 2018, 3:04 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by Repooc17
My FU earns me 3% UR on everything....
Freedom Unlimited earns 1.5 points on all spending. Do you mean that you value the points at $0.02 each -OR- did you choose this offer rather than a conventional new account bonus?

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chas...2-mo-dead.html
Old Dec 29, 2018, 3:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, DL Silver, UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Platinum + LT Gold
Originally Posted by mia
Freedom Unlimited earns 1.5 points on all spending. Do you mean that you value the points at $0.02 each -OR- did you choose this offer rather than a conventional new account bonus?

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chas...2-mo-dead.html
I have the bonus UR points offer on my FU.
Old Dec 29, 2018, 3:39 pm

Programs: UA 1MM, AA Plat, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Glob, IHG ♢ Amb, Hilton ♢, Hertz Pres
How long does it take Chase offers to apply? With Amex offers I get an email saying I used the offer when I swipe the purchase. If that doesn't happen the credit won't apply. I used the offer with Chase and haven't heard anything in 72 hours. No email, text, or credit has appeared (as of yet).
Old Dec 29, 2018, 3:44 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by TravelinSperry
How long does it take Chase offers to apply? With Amex offers I get an email saying I used the offer when I swipe the purchase. If that doesn't happen the credit won't apply. I used the offer with Chase and haven't heard anything in 72 hours. No email, text, or credit has appeared (as of yet).
There are multiple data points/experiences posted in the previous couple pages of the thread.
Old Dec 30, 2018, 10:41 pm

12/13 Staples store purchase ($50 Amazon GC)
12/19 Lowes store purchase ($100 Amazon GC)
12/22 Confirmation email for using Staples offer
12/24 Confirmation email for using Lowes offer
12/27 Credit posted for both offers ($5 & $10)

Purchase made using Chase Pay linked to Samsung Pay -- got 5% cash back on full purchase amount (credit posts as an "adjustment" which doesn't seem to reduce reward pts)
Old Dec 31, 2018, 9:55 am

Programs: AA, WN, UA, Bonvoy, Hertz
Have done a few offers this month. I did at least two via SPay/Chase Pay. It is taking between 5 and 12 days to get an email acknowledgement. The credits sometimes come at the same time as the email, sometimes later. In many cases, the offers did expire before the purchase confirmation came.

I am glad that the digital wallet transactions are counting.
Old Dec 31, 2018, 11:27 am

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by D582

If i make a purchase today for 63.34 or more, will both offers apply? Or will the older one take precedence?
I spent $70 today, will report back.
Old Dec 31, 2018, 12:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by D582

They don't appear to stack. I had both of those on each of my Freedom cards and I bought a $200 VGC on each card. Got the emails today and 1 Freedom card it triggered the $6 back and the other it triggered the $19 one. The unredeemed offer is still available on each card. I'm not sure how the system decided which offer applied. The only thing that comes to mind is maybe it uses the offers in the order that you add them? Because I think on the 2nd card I added the $19 offer first, and then the $6 one, but I'm not 100% sure. Bottom line is they don't seem to be stackable so be careful which one you add if one is more lucrative than the other.
Old Jan 1, 2019, 3:39 pm

I wasn't sure rebates stacked so I waited till the 10% Staples up to $6 expired to ensure the 30% up to $19 will be the one that kicks in on each transaction. Next time, I'll make sure not to check offers with low rebates that I don't intend to use.
Old Jan 1, 2019, 4:01 pm

Originally Posted by Mamibear
I wasn't sure rebates stacked so I waited till the 10% Staples up to $6 expired to ensure the 30% up to $19 will be the one that kicks in on each transaction. Next time, I'll make sure not to check offers with low rebates that I don't intend to use.
What do you mean by "each transaction"? The Staples 30%/$19 offer I have explicitly states "offer valid one time only."

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.