Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

"Chase Offers" (merchant branded discounts or rebates on specific cards)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 27, 2019, 5:45 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: beltway
This thread is for discussion of so-called Chase Offers, which have the following characteristics:
  • They are visible in your Chase Online account and in the app.
  • They are tied to specific cards, not to every Chase card you hold.
  • They are targeted. You will not necessarily receive the same offer on a specific card type (or even any offer at all) compared to other holders of that card.
  • There may be multiple simultaneous variations of a given offer. Current offers for a specific merchant may vary in terms of discount level (e.g., 10% vs. 20%), expiration date, or maximum benefit. Pay close attention to the particulars of each offer.
  • You must register for (“add”) an offer in order to use it. (The Chase Offers FAQ states incorrectly that registration is not required.)
  • They run for short periods (typically less than 30 days), not for a full quarter.
  • They generally offer a percentage discount (up to a stated maximum) or, less commonly, a fixed rebate (for spending a stated minimum amount) on purchases from an individual merchant. They are typically not for spending in generic categories such as groceries, gas, etc., although these do show up on rare occasions.
  • They are typically for one-time use only. On rare occasions, however, a Chase Offer may apply to all purchases (up to a set maximum) made with the relevant card during the offer period.
  • Chase will occasionally extend an offer with no notice other a changed expiration date in the offer T&C. This does not allow for double-dipping: that is, you may not use a one-time offer during the added period if you already used it during the initial validity period.
  • Statement credits may take as long as two weeks to appear in your transactions.
    • You can adjust your profile settings to receive email notification—usually arriving within a few hours—after you’ve made a qualifying purchase.
    • One-time offers will still be displayed in your account for a number of days after a qualifying purchase. This phenomenon does not mean that the offer is still available. A prudent cardholder will keep track separately of which offers they’ve used.
    • Used offers will eventually move to the “Redeemed” tab in your offers for a given card. These normally appear well before the credit itself posts.
    • Unused offers will move to the “Expired” tab after the offer deadline passes. This also happens to used offers if the purchase occurs shortly before offer expiration. Do not worry; the offer will eventually move to the “Redeemed” tab as discussed above.
  • PayPal “double-dipping” is possible. If PayPal is a bonus category for a card on which you also have a Chase Offer, you can double-dip by using PayPal (charged to the relevant card) to make the purchase.
For discussion of Chase’s unrelated quarterly “mybonus” offers, see the wiki and discussion at Chase "My Bonus" promotions (targeted category bonuses)
Print Wikipost

"Chase Offers" (merchant branded discounts or rebates on specific cards)

Search this Thread

Old May 12, 2021, 6:07 pm

Programs: AS MVP, AA MM, HH Diamond, MR Gold
We've been getting lots of great offers on our Bonvoy Boundless cards (my husband and I each have one). Over and over I get the "Tap 3 times get 500 pts" which is so simple to do (on my third one this year). My husband currently has 5x on all purchases until the end of May, and he just got 10X on any Marriott charges (can't recall until when, I think the end of June). Tricky part is remembering to use which of our cards.

They have come from a variety of sources...some by e-mail, some when we log onto Chase, and some when we log onto Marriott.
Old May 24, 2021, 10:34 am

Xfinity offer - $50 back - $49.99 min purchase - it says "new residential service" - and this is different than the prior Xfinity mobile offers ... this looks like TV/internet qualifies... just curious about this working for my regular bill... I use my Chase Ink Cash for that 5x, so might just try a $50 payment to test... Had it on 3 personal cards (CSR, Freedom, FreeFlex)
Old May 24, 2021, 12:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
Does anyone know how consistently the offers alerts are?

yesterday, put in an order at Whole Foods (via Amazon) with my Freedom Flex, which I definitely wouldn’t normally use for groceries but had the 20% off (up to $12) Whole Foods offer on it. Typically, I get an email right after swiping/purchasing online (and never get a push notification, even though I’ve signed up for that, too), but didn’t get anything this time. I know it usually takes a few days to get one of the ‘congrats, you’ve redeemed’ emails.

For context, we used my wife’s UA card last week the same way, which also had the offer on it, and she got the regular email notification pretty much as soon as she confirmed the order.

So anyone notice if they sometimes don’t get the immediate email noting they’ve used on of their offers? Wondering if I should be concerned that this won’t go through.
Old May 24, 2021, 2:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Originally Posted by emcampbe

So anyone notice if they sometimes don’t get the immediate email noting they’ve used on of their offers? Wondering if I should be concerned that this won’t go through.
It varies. E.g., last Friday (5/21) I received an email that I had used a Starbucks offer on my CSR (woohoo, $0.37!). I didn’t even recall the charge and checked my account. I had visited Sbux on 5/15.

But sometimes I get a notification right away.
EkekoBWI likes this.
Old May 24, 2021, 3:44 pm

Originally Posted by levilevi
Xfinity offer - $50 back - $49.99 min purchase - it says "new residential service" - and this is different than the prior Xfinity mobile offers ... this looks like TV/internet qualifies... just curious about this working for my regular bill... I use my Chase Ink Cash for that 5x, so might just try a $50 payment to test... Had it on 3 personal cards (CSR, Freedom, FreeFlex)
”New residential customers only.”
Old May 25, 2021, 7:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
I'm having the app issue that the offers area appears and disappears again, Brigadoon style!
Old May 25, 2021, 7:31 am

Originally Posted by Steve in Olympia
”New residential customers only.”
Yeah - I'm just wondering how that actually could be verified? Hoping its a "bluff" LOL
I'll be the datapoint and willing to forgo 4x UR on $50 to test.
pallhedge likes this.
Old Jun 5, 2021, 12:03 pm

Programs: UA LT Gold (BIS), AA LT Plat (CC SUBs & BD), Hilton Dia (CC), Hyatt Glob (BIB), et. al.
Just got this one, potentially 10%, haven't seen or heard of it before. My UA card was sock-drawered probably to be cancelled in a few months, just pulled it out for 1 (last) month of 5x on groceries (about 10 transactions totaling $300-$400) and to show activity on the card. I guess this month it seems worthwhile and I could do 20 Amazon reloads*. Uncertain of anything, and trying to determine if it’s worth the hassle, after this month.

(* Can I do a $0.01 Amazon reload, don’t see a minimum per transaction amount for the promo, not sure if Amazon has a minimum?)

Thank you.
There's still time to earn up to $210 in TravelBank Cash

Earn up to $30 in TravelBank Cash each month now through December 31, 2021*

Each month you spend at least $300 on your United ClubSM Infinite Card, you'll get $1 in TravelBank Cash for each purchase - up to $30 in TravelBank Cash per month.

*To be eligible for this TravelBank Cash offer, you must click the button in the email or log on to united.com/travelbankboost and register by October 31, 2021. Your purchases and purchases by authorized users of the account will count toward your total spending monthly from the month you register through December 31, 2021. TravelBank Cash awarded through the use of the authorized user's card will only be credited to the primary Cardmember's account. All registration and spending deadlines are 11:59 p.m. CT on the last day of the month. Through this promotion, you will qualify for and receive $1 TravelBank Cash, up to $30.00 TravelBank Cash per month, for each posted transaction you make if you make purchases with your qualifying United MileagePlus® credit card and spend at or above the specified monthly minimum amount during the promotional period.

Last edited by Dr Jabadski; Jun 5, 2021 at 12:09 pm
Old Jun 6, 2021, 10:56 am

Programs: Bonvoy Gold
All my Chase personal CCs are showing $12 off $60 from Amazon Fresh/Whole Foods.
Old Jun 6, 2021, 5:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Originally Posted by EkekoBWI
All my Chase personal CCs are showing $12 off $60 from Amazon Fresh/Whole Foods.
Nice. Sadly none of mine have it. I’d probably get Amazon gift cards.
Old Jun 7, 2021, 6:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
I have an IHG and a Marriott card with Chase - all I get are occasional offers at Big Lots, Panera Bread, etc. for up to $6 or so.
Old Jun 9, 2021, 11:25 pm
Moderator: Chase Ultimate Rewards

Programs: UA 2P, MR LT Plat, IHG Plat, BW Dia, HH Au, Avis PC
Originally Posted by Dr Jabadski
Each month you spend at least $300 on your United ClubSM Infinite Card, you'll get $1 in TravelBank Cash for each purchase - up to $30 in TravelBank Cash per month.
I have a similar offer on my United Select card I've had for years.

My offer is $1 per transaction each month I spend $100, up to $10 credit per month. Not really worth that much overall but easy to achieve so why not.
Old Jun 10, 2021, 12:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by MDtR-Chicago
I have a similar offer on my United Select card I've had for years.

My offer is $1 per transaction each month I spend $100, up to $10 credit per month. Not really worth that much overall but easy to achieve so why not.
yes, same offer for me on my Select.

there’s a decent size thread on the UA forum on this.
Old Jun 14, 2021, 10:57 am
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Noticed a Tumi offer: 15% up to $82.50 back on my Freedom, 20% up to $110 back on CSP/CSR.
Old Jun 14, 2021, 4:36 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by Zorak
Noticed a Tumi offer: 15% up to $82.50 back on my Freedom, 20% up to $110 back on CSP/CSR.
That should just about cover the right-front wheel of a roll-aboard.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.