Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

"Chase Offers" (merchant branded discounts or rebates on specific cards)

Old Mar 27, 2019, 5:45 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: beltway
This thread is for discussion of so-called Chase Offers, which have the following characteristics:
  • They are visible in your Chase Online account and in the app.
  • They are tied to specific cards, not to every Chase card you hold.
  • They are targeted. You will not necessarily receive the same offer on a specific card type (or even any offer at all) compared to other holders of that card.
  • There may be multiple simultaneous variations of a given offer. Current offers for a specific merchant may vary in terms of discount level (e.g., 10% vs. 20%), expiration date, or maximum benefit. Pay close attention to the particulars of each offer.
  • You must register for (“add”) an offer in order to use it. (The Chase Offers FAQ states incorrectly that registration is not required.)
  • They run for short periods (typically less than 30 days), not for a full quarter.
  • They generally offer a percentage discount (up to a stated maximum) or, less commonly, a fixed rebate (for spending a stated minimum amount) on purchases from an individual merchant. They are typically not for spending in generic categories such as groceries, gas, etc., although these do show up on rare occasions.
  • They are typically for one-time use only. On rare occasions, however, a Chase Offer may apply to all purchases (up to a set maximum) made with the relevant card during the offer period.
  • Chase will occasionally extend an offer with no notice other a changed expiration date in the offer T&C. This does not allow for double-dipping: that is, you may not use a one-time offer during the added period if you already used it during the initial validity period.
  • Statement credits may take as long as two weeks to appear in your transactions.
    • You can adjust your profile settings to receive email notification—usually arriving within a few hours—after you’ve made a qualifying purchase.
    • One-time offers will still be displayed in your account for a number of days after a qualifying purchase. This phenomenon does not mean that the offer is still available. A prudent cardholder will keep track separately of which offers they’ve used.
    • Used offers will eventually move to the “Redeemed” tab in your offers for a given card. These normally appear well before the credit itself posts.
    • Unused offers will move to the “Expired” tab after the offer deadline passes. This also happens to used offers if the purchase occurs shortly before offer expiration. Do not worry; the offer will eventually move to the “Redeemed” tab as discussed above.
  • PayPal “double-dipping” is possible. If PayPal is a bonus category for a card on which you also have a Chase Offer, you can double-dip by using PayPal (charged to the relevant card) to make the purchase.
For discussion of Chase’s unrelated quarterly “mybonus” offers, see the wiki and discussion at Chase "My Bonus" promotions (targeted category bonuses)
Print Wikipost

"Chase Offers" (merchant branded discounts or rebates on specific cards)

Old Jul 3, 2019, 12:04 am
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by Zorak
At Rite Aid recently where the offer terms excluded gift cards, I received the "Congrats! You've successfully redeemed one of your Chase Offers" email, but the credit did *not* post, FWIW.
Update: the Rite Aid credit just posted, over a month after the transaction (!)
Old Aug 10, 2019, 10:59 am

Pleasant discovery: You can add a Chase Offer to your card while a card transaction is still pending, and the refund will post when the transaction is finalized.
levilevi likes this.
Old Aug 10, 2019, 1:35 pm

Originally Posted by Steve in Olympia
Pleasant discovery: You can add a Chase Offer to your card while a card transaction is still pending, and the refund will post when the transaction is finalized.
Can confirm. I just did this last week.
Old Aug 10, 2019, 6:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: GE, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by pallhedge
Me too. I wouldn't be surprised if there's an "enhancement" in the future to require signup before using the card, though.
Old Aug 10, 2019, 7:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

It took a lot longer than the offers on our Freedom cards - one is for a grocery chain, took 5 days for the credit to show up, another one is for Walgreens, still a now show 3 days after the transaction posted. Last month a 10% credit at a restaurant chain took a week to show up.
Old Aug 14, 2019, 5:51 pm

With the hotel offers will buying a gc directly from the hotel trigger that discounted offer?
Old Aug 15, 2019, 3:16 am

Originally Posted by Zorak
Update: the Rite Aid credit just posted, over a month after the transaction (!)
Mine took a bit to post as well for my CFU. Then for the one for the CF it does say specifically no gift cards.

But I also have Michael's and Staples so may try those. As well as the hotels.
Old Aug 17, 2019, 7:13 pm

I use "Shop Through Chase" a lot via Cashback Monitor. Noticed that my Freedom card is giving me better points/dollar that my CSR lately. Strange...
Old Aug 21, 2019, 2:42 pm

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Spend $50 or more on Alaska Airlines, 10% back up to $31.

"Offer expires 9/20/2019. Payment must be made on or before offer expiration date. Offer valid one time only. Offer not valid on Alaska Lounge airport lounge purchases, purchases made with Mileage Plan™ points, gift card purchases, or in-flight purchases. Payment must be made directly with the merchant. Offer not valid on third-party delivery services or mobile wallet purchases."
Old Aug 21, 2019, 9:51 pm

Programs: AS
Some reporting on AS Flyertalk forum that not all Chase cards work. One reported CSR showed offer on his account, another reported his CSR did NOT have this perk. I have 3 Chase cards, will report back which one has offer.
Old Aug 21, 2019, 10:01 pm

Originally Posted by pcoll
Some reporting on AS Flyertalk forum that not all Chase cards work. One reported CSR showed offer on his account, another reported his CSR did NOT have this perk. I have 3 Chase cards, will report back which one has offer.
I wouldn't have thought that needed to be spelled out. While some offers will be widely available, I've always assumed they are still somewhat targeted to people and to specific cards. I have two Chase cards, one of which I use far more often (maybe a 20:1 ratio) and I get far more offers on the first one (which is a CSR), including this AS offer.

i.e. as with the AMEX Sync offers thread, I interpret posts about offers to mean "those interested should check your cards to see if you got this offer on one or more of them also" and not "just expect it to be available on all cards."
Old Aug 22, 2019, 7:53 am

Originally Posted by pcoll
These aren't perks, they're targeted offers.
Old Aug 22, 2019, 10:06 am

These aren't perks, they're targeted offers.
The two are not mutually exclusive.
Old Aug 22, 2019, 1:48 pm

The two are not mutually exclusive.
In my mind, perks/benefits are available to all cardholders, while targeted offers are not.

In other words, I would consider "Chase Offers", the whole program, a perk/benefit of having the card. The individual offers within the program are targeted.
Old Aug 23, 2019, 12:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
Just saw 25% cashback at Five Guys - really thought I'd been hallucinating!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.