Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Best way to book a Marriott stay?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 4, 2017, 11:07 pm
Original Poster

Best way to book a Marriott stay?

I've been out of the points game for a little while now and want to make sure I'm maximizing points.

Going to Orlando / Disney for 8 days. Disney portion of it will be paid for via GC's bought through the shopping portal @ Staples, getting me 9x per dollar.

I also need to book a hotel, which will be a Marriott. I posted over in the Marriott forum but didn't get any traction, someone suggested I post in the Chase forum. The hotel is nothing special, just a $100/night Springhill Suite. I have CSP, Ink Plus, Southwest.

Am I best off booking direct through Marriott with my CPS (2x)? Or is there a portal I should be booking through? Booking through Chase's portal is more expensive by ~$100 for the stay than booking Marriott direct. I just looked and if I book through Southwest, I'll get 7000 RR points if I book the $700 stay through them (and I'm fine with RR over UR in this case as I have quite a few more trips to Orlando in the next 6 months and always fly SW for them)

Thoughts?
Old Oct 5, 2017, 9:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Too many to list
No secrets. Just pencil out the math and see which way is best for you.
Old Oct 5, 2017, 3:55 pm

Programs: WN A+ CP, UA 1MM/*A Gold, Mar LT Tit, IHG Plat, HH Dia
Earning 10 Southwest points/dollar on the hotel bill? You can't beat that with a stick!
Old Oct 6, 2017, 10:57 am

10 RR/$ and the extra 2 points/$ that the OP would get using one of his Chase cards sound solid to me.

If the OP can't find Marriott gift cards at an office supply store online, that would be the main way that I'd see a triple dip opportunity. As s/he used that avenue for the Disney route, I figured that s/he would have seen that possibility unless those are only in store. In that case, a little bit of pounding the pavement will be required. I know that I've seen Marriott cards before in a local supermarket but beyond that...
Old Oct 6, 2017, 7:58 pm

buy a 7 day cert on Dans deals for $250 for category 1 - 5

Last edited by g8trgr8t; Oct 6, 2017 at 8:39 pm
Old Oct 6, 2017, 8:31 pm

Programs: US Air, UA BA LH AI DELTA MARRIOTT CHOICE SGP
Originally Posted by g8trgr8t
buy a 7 day cert on Dans deals for $250
Could not find it at Dansdeals.com.
Please oblige with a link here or PM.
Old Oct 17, 2017, 9:37 pm

Programs: UA GS+LT UC, AA EXP+LT PLT, Fairmont LT PLT, Marriott PLT, Hilton DIA, Hyatt Glob, Avis CHM
Originally Posted by HMPS
Could not find it at Dansdeals.com.
Please oblige with a link here or PM.
Try the Dansdeals forums.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.