Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Ink Business Preferred- Cell Phone Protection Plan. Experiences?

Ink Business Preferred- Cell Phone Protection Plan. Experiences?

Old Sep 15, 2018, 6:50 pm

Originally Posted by jc719
I filed a claim on my Ink Pref in Apr 2018 for a cracked screen on a Samsung S6. IIRC, I started the claim online at eclaimsline.com. I needed to submit an estimate for the repair. I went to 4 places and only one would give a written estimate, for $199.95. Others would only give an estimate for ~$50 (applied to the repair, if they did it). I also needed to submit proof that I paid the cell phone bill with my Ink Pref card (easy. CIP statement copy showing AT&T charge), and proof that the phone was paid by that bill. The latter was harder because I had already purchased a new phone and the broken one no longer showed on the account. All the documents were scanned and uploaded to the web site. I called (or maybe they called me) and I explained the problem. It seemed that it was a common problem. He did a conference call with AT&T customer service and she verified that the S6 was on the bill at the time of the loss. That was all he needed and the claim was approved. I got a check for $99.95 about a week later. Very positive experience overall.
Any idea if your screen was unfixable, whether they would have funded the cost of a new device? There Ts and Cs say so, but I wonder what the challenges would be of upgrading, e.g your S6 was broken but the lowest model they sold was an S8.
Old Sep 21, 2018, 4:52 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, MLife Gold, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Caesars Diamond, Amex Plat
I filed a claim for liquid damage last month and sent in the documentation the other day. Just waiting for response at this point. Question: what happens if I pay my next bill with a different card? Ink Pref was the card used for the last year and was used for the bill before and after the phone damage.

Basically, do I have to continue to pay with the Ink Pref to make me eligible? Until my claim is resolved?
Old Sep 22, 2018, 3:43 pm

Originally Posted by Stgermainparis
I filed a claim for liquid damage last month and sent in the documentation the other day. Just waiting for response at this point. Question: what happens if I pay my next bill with a different card? Ink Pref was the card used for the last year and was used for the bill before and after the phone damage.

Basically, do I have to continue to pay with the Ink Pref to make me eligible? Until my claim is resolved?
As I read the terms, it just needs to be used to cover the month the incident occurred. That being said, switching away the month after may impact things if you get into a paid ahead vs arrears argument.

Do you by chance have a link you can share to the claim form, I havent been able to find it online anywhere?
Old Sep 22, 2018, 4:05 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, MLife Gold, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Caesars Diamond, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by cheapdad00
As I read the terms, it just needs to be used to cover the month the incident occurred. That being said, switching away the month after may impact things if you get into a paid ahead vs arrears argument.

Do you by chance have a link you can share to the claim form, I havent been able to find it online anywhere?
The terms seemed ambiguous to me bc of the word bills. Ill just wait till I hear back from them on the claim. Or Ill ask in a secure message.

They do not make it easy to find the link. https://www.cardbenefitservices.com/...%2fhome%2fhome
Old Nov 6, 2018, 8:30 pm

Just submitted a successful claim for my son's phone with a cracked screen and bent frame which precluded screen replacement. I was worried about the part where I would have to prove the phone was on our family account because we had him using an alternate phone. Turned out to not be an issue. I only claimed the replacement value of the phone, but think I could have successfully claimed the original purchase price of phone. Carrier was Cricket wireless.
Old Dec 12, 2018, 9:12 pm

Had a successful claim recently. Water damage to iPhone 6 w/ ATT service. Used the damage report form they sent me (Apple store filled it out). I was reimbursed for the "replacement cost" ($299) minus the $100 deductible, so received $199. I opted to purchase a newer model (and more expensive) phone. I will say that the claim sat there for over a month with no response until I inquired. Then resolved in a few days. Overall a good experience.
Old Dec 12, 2018, 9:14 pm

Originally Posted by cheapdad00
Just submitted a successful claim for my son's phone with a cracked screen and bent frame which precluded screen replacement. I was worried about the part where I would have to prove the phone was on our family account because we had him using an alternate phone. Turned out to not be an issue. I only claimed the replacement value of the phone, but think I could have successfully claimed the original purchase price of phone. Carrier was Cricket wireless.
Was your son's phone line in his name on your account or in yours?
Old Jun 22, 2019, 3:18 pm

So here's a question. I have a 4 year old iphone 6 with 64GB that cost me $300 (I do have the receipt) that has been damaged. When I started to fill out the claim form online, it asks for phone date of purchase and for "amount claiming." Do I just enter $300 or do I enter the cost of the replacement phone. The cheapest one available on Apple is the iphone 7 w/ 32GB for $449 or 128 GB for $549. There is are no iphone 6 and no iphone 7 64GB.

Do they reimburse for replacement cost or for original cost? And what should I put in the "amount claiming" box? Thanks.

Edit: I should add the nature of the damage: I dropped the phone and now have dead pixels that are spreading across the screen.
Old Jun 22, 2019, 4:33 pm
mia
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend; Moderator: American Express, Capital One, Citi, Chase, Credit Card Programs, Diners Club, Signatures

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
$200 appears to be applicable benefit amount.

Benefit Guide is here:

https://www.chasebenefits.com/inkpreferred

Scroll to page 48:

You will receive no more than the purchase price less your
one hundred ($100.00) dollar deductible as recorded on Your
submitted receipt.
Old Jun 23, 2019, 12:22 pm

Originally Posted by mia
$200 appears to be applicable benefit amount.

Benefit Guide is here:

https://www.chasebenefits.com/inkpreferred

Scroll to page 48:

Yeah, I saw that but then wasn't sure if it was for the replacement purchase price.
Old Jun 24, 2019, 8:52 am

Programs: DL PM, Marriott Gold, Hertz PC, National Exec
Yeah, I saw that but then wasn't sure if it was for the replacement purchase price.
I've gone through this, and the benefit is capped at the lowest of:

1. Repair cost minus $100
2. Purchase price minus $100
3. Replacement cost minus $100

Or, for excel folks:
F=repair cost
P=purchase price
R=replacement cost

Payout=min(F,R,P)-100
mia and Stgermainparis like this.
Old Jun 24, 2019, 7:32 pm

Was your son's phone line in his name on your account or in yours?
Apologies for delay in responding. Phone was in my name on our family account.
Old Jun 24, 2019, 7:35 pm

Originally Posted by cestmoi123
I've gone through this, and the benefit is capped at the lowest of:

1. Repair cost minus $100
2. Purchase price minus $100
3. Replacement cost minus $100

Or, for excel folks:
F=repair cost
P=purchase price
R=replacement cost

Payout=min(F,R,P)-100
I confirm that this was the case. Had another claim for my daughters phone (this time on my Chase Ink as I switched account to my card). Water damage on old phone. Original cost of $749, replacement cost of $749, claim paid $600 (749-100 = 649, max claim is 600). All the phones are in my name.
Old Aug 16, 2019, 11:55 am

Does anyone have any experience with what happens if you dont have the original purchase receipt?
Old Dec 26, 2019, 6:41 pm

Question Phone on a carrier purchase plan??

Any experiences with phones that are purchased under a carrier's purchase plan? Specifically, I just got a Pixel 4 under a promo. I paid $100 or so up front. Every month I'm "paying" $33 for the phone, and receiving a $33 promotional credit toward the phone (net $0 cost each month). I wonder (and don't suppose anybody has exactly the same situation to report on, but would appreciate any data points) whether they'd cover the phone at the 24 months * $33 + $100 ($892), or whether they'd be looking to deny the phone cost me $892. Anybody with ANYthing similar to report on??

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.