Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New Chase rule: only one Sapphire card

Search this Thread

Old Apr 19, 2018, 10:49 pm

Programs: UA, SW, VA, Marriott, IHG, HH
Ah okay, so the bonus is treated as the same family card product. That's a bummer. Have lots of travel purchases to do soon but my 24 months is still 2-3 months to go

Thank you for the link. I only looked through page 1 before posting :P
Old Apr 20, 2018, 6:06 am

Originally Posted by budumpst
Ah okay, so the bonus is treated as the same family card product.
For Sapphire products yes, (and Southwest personal cards now too), For Freedom and Ink products, it's per card, not per card family.
Old Apr 20, 2018, 7:03 am

If I got my bonus in June statement '16, should I apply for CSR right after the statement date? (I'll downgrade current CSP weeks before)
Old Apr 21, 2018, 4:58 pm

If I got my bonus in June statement '16, should I apply for CSR right after the statement date? (I'll downgrade current CSP weeks before)
Yes, but add a couple days extra just to be sure.
Old Apr 22, 2018, 9:04 am

Gotcha, thank you
Old Apr 24, 2018, 9:38 pm

Programs: ANA & ROP
I am already product change from CSP to Freedom on April 20. When I asked the Chase's representative after finished Product change about how long do I have to wait before I can apply for CSR. She suggested that I should waited about 30 days before apply CSR that make sure that the system already update the I don't have CSP anymore.

Until now, when I am login to my chase account even on account type already change from CSP to Freedom, under the offer I still have offer refer that I am still hold CSP.
So, please be aware that if you are downgrade your CSP only a weeks and apply for CSR, I think the system still not update that you don't have CSP and you will be reject for the reason 'only 1 sapphire card allow'
Old Apr 25, 2018, 9:54 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by jamebond
... waited about 30 days ...'
Discussion here:

​​​​​​​Downgraded Sapphire Preferred to Freedom Unlimited, but Reserve app rejected.
Old Aug 30, 2018, 7:46 pm

I got the CSP in Feb 2014. In 2016 when the Reserve came out, due to reasons I was not approved, however was able to product change from CSP to CSR. Still have the CSR today, as well as the Freedom, Freedom Unlim, and United Explorer.

What do I need to do to obtain another Sapphire 50K bonus? I believe I am 1/24 right now.
Old Aug 31, 2018, 6:04 am

Originally Posted by SuperKirby
I got the CSP in Feb 2014. In 2016 when the Reserve came out, due to reasons I was not approved, however was able to product change from CSP to CSR. Still have the CSR today, as well as the Freedom, Freedom Unlim, and United Explorer.

What do I need to do to obtain another Sapphire 50K bonus? I believe I am 1/24 right now.
Product Change your CSR to a Freedom of your choice, wait a week, then apply. If you're going to apply for CSR, you can use your own referral link if you're able to create one now.
SuperKirby likes this.
Old Aug 31, 2018, 10:03 am

Originally Posted by pallhedge
Product Change your CSR to a Freedom of your choice, wait a week, then apply. If you're going to apply for CSR, you can use your own referral link if you're able to create one now.
Really? You can still get referral bonus even you don't have the card anymore?
SuperKirby likes this.
Old Aug 31, 2018, 11:39 am

Originally Posted by khlay
I think the implication is that
  • when you product-change/downgrade, you keep the same CC number; and
  • Chase's back-end systems interpret this as you still having the referring card, even though the card type/benefits/etc. has changed
khlay and SuperKirby like this.
Old Aug 31, 2018, 2:38 pm

Originally Posted by khlay
Yes. Save your own referral link while you still have the card. After product changing, that link can potentially work for months.
khlay and SuperKirby like this.
Old Sep 2, 2018, 12:16 pm

Originally Posted by pallhedge
thanks! basically I can have two regular freedom cards? (I already have a freedom and unlimited).
Old Sep 2, 2018, 1:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by SuperKirby

thanks! basically I can have two regular freedom cards? (I already have a freedom and unlimited).
Yes. Many of us have multiple regular Freedom cards. I sadly only have 2.
SuperKirby likes this.
Old Sep 2, 2018, 2:11 pm

Originally Posted by krazykanuck
Yes. Many of us have multiple regular Freedom cards. I sadly only have 2.
Would you convert a freedom unlimited to normal freedom card?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.