Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New Chase rule: only one Sapphire card

Search this Thread

Old Sep 4, 2017, 7:00 am
RNE

Originally Posted by Troopers
Still what? Contrary to your statement, a fake business does not preclude someone from obtaining a business card.
I won't countenance that. Nor will I discuss it with you further.
jjmiller69 likes this.
Old Sep 5, 2017, 2:55 am

Originally Posted by kerrigjl
App was on announcement day, but in the spirit of being the data point, we applied anyway (we were intending to, but we got greedy hoping for a better in branch offer... pigs get fat, and all of that). Not sure when the letter was dated, but it was received yesterday.

Just applied for CIP, so we'll see how that one goes!
sorry if i missed this in previous pages but did Chase do a hard pull for the app?
Old Sep 5, 2017, 5:54 am

Originally Posted by GoGreen
QUESTIONS:
1. If they approve his card, will he get the bonus, since the D-Date of August 27 has passed?
The new rule doesn't just preclude one from getting the bonus, it precludes one from being approved for the card. Therefore, if they approve his card, he must also, by extension, be eligible for the bonus.
Old Sep 5, 2017, 9:25 am

Programs: UA:MM 1K HH:Diamond IHG:Plat Marriott:Plat
Originally Posted by briang191
Is it possible to pc from CSP > Freedom?
Yes. For sure. I have done this. You need to wait until the AF posts to do this. Before the AF posted the only option I had was to downgrade to Sapphire.
Old Sep 5, 2017, 10:48 am
RNE

Originally Posted by pallhedge
The new rule doesn't just preclude one from getting the bonus, it precludes one from being approved for the card. Therefore, if they approve his card, he must also, by extension, be eligible for the bonus.
Not necessarily. Exceptions happen all the time, a rule I live (and thrive) by.
Old Sep 6, 2017, 8:41 am

Rule also applies to CPC:

If you currently have a Chase credit card, you are not eligible to receive another of the same credit card, or more than one Sapphire-branded credit card. If your account is closed, you are not eligible for the same credit card, or more than one Sapphire- branded credit card, if you earned a new cardmember bonus on that card within the last 24 months.
https://www.chase.com/online/private...ge-banking.htm (select Credit Cards button)
Old Sep 9, 2017, 10:15 pm
Suspended

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum, Hilton HHonors Gold
I have a CSR; I went to a branch and I am pre-approved for a CSP... if I apply for it will I be approved AND get the bonus?
Old Sep 10, 2017, 5:58 am
RNE

Originally Posted by oneworld82
I have a CSR; I went to a branch and I am pre-approved for a CSP... if I apply for it will I be approved AND get the bonus?
Not according to the quoted text in the post previous to yours.
Old Sep 10, 2017, 6:17 am

Originally Posted by penner42
I was planning on waiting until October to apply for the Ink Preferred. No particular reason, really. I haven't gotten a new card since Aug 22, 2016 (CSR) and just dropped back to 4/24. Was just going to give it a couple more months. But now I'm worried they'll add this language for the Ink, too, and don't want to give up my Ink Bold. So I just applied. (Got 30 day message, fingers crossed.)
Does one need to have a "business" to apply for the Ink card? Can Ink UR points be combined with CSR's UR points?
Old Sep 10, 2017, 7:52 am

Originally Posted by edealinfo12345
Does one need to have a "business" to apply for the Ink card? Can Ink UR points be combined with CSR's UR points?
you can have an imagery business. Yes you can combine ur points
Old Sep 10, 2017, 8:26 am

Programs: AS, AA Gold, and Hilton
Originally Posted by edealinfo12345
Question # 1&2 were answered above.
Question #2 In my case I've been transferring my Ink Bold points to my CSR since I opened my CSR 11 months ago.
Old Sep 10, 2017, 10:47 am
Suspended

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum, Hilton HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by RNE
Not according to the quoted text in the post previous to yours.
Interesting... I wonder what would happen... I mean I am pre-approved, so I do not think they would not give me the card...
Old Sep 10, 2017, 2:25 pm
RNE

Interesting... I wonder what would happen... I mean I am pre-approved, so I do not think they would not give me the card...
If you go for it, let us know what happens.
Old Sep 10, 2017, 3:49 pm

Programs: IHG Spire Ambassador, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, Bonvoy Titanium, UA Silver, RR A-List
You'd be the first data point for in-branch preapprovals.
Old Sep 10, 2017, 8:23 pm

Programs: Some of them not all ...
Originally Posted by expressboy
Yes. For sure. I have done this. You need to wait until the AF posts to do this. Before the AF posted the only option I had was to downgrade to Sapphire.
So you have the option to downgrade from CSP to Plain Sapphire before the first annual fee posts on CSP, but you do not have the option to upgrade from CSP to CSR before the 1st year anniversary?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.