Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Chase Extended Warranty Protection questions / experiences

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Chase Extended Warranty Protection questions / experiences

Search this Thread

Old Mar 9, 2019, 10:01 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by alggag
Is there any difference with this protection between the different cards (say CFU vs a CSR)?
I think the benefit is the same on all Chase cards that have it.

Similar protection through Citi, Amex, etc. differs, of course.
Old Nov 23, 2019, 8:40 am
Suspended

Appliance Warranty Claims *after* Card Closed

Hi,

I purchased a whole bunch of appliances on my chase card. The card offers "extends the time period for the U.S. manufacturer’s warranty by an additional year, on eligible warranties of three years or less"

But I'm not sure I want to keep this card for another few years.

I take it the extended warranty is only "active" whilst the card is open/active?

Thanks.
Old Nov 23, 2019, 8:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by usedtobeimportant
Hi,

I purchased a whole bunch of appliances on my chase card. The card offers "extends the time period for the U.S. manufacturer’s warranty by an additional year, on eligible warranties of three years or less"

But I'm not sure I want to keep this card for another few years.

I take it the extended warranty is only "active" whilst the card is open/active?

Thanks.
I'm not so sure about that. If you want a definitive answer, call Chase's Insurance Services department, or check the terms and conditions of the extended-warranty coverage, as set forth in the Chase benefits brochure that you should have received when you got the card.
Old Nov 23, 2019, 10:24 am
ck8

Programs: Delta SkyMiles GM/United Mileage Plus/Hilton Honors
I agree that you should check with Chase, but it has always been my understanding is that the card must be open and in good standing. In a sense, keeping the card is like an insurance premium. If you cancel any insurance policy, coverage remains in effect only to the extend that the "premium" is paid up to. This is similar to bonus and other promotional activity, that the card must be open and in good standing.
Old Nov 23, 2019, 10:43 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador, Global Entry
I would be as bold to confidently state you will not receive benefits of said card that you no longer have.
Xyzzy likes this.
Old Nov 23, 2019, 3:20 pm

Not saying it will apply to chase but a seemingly-unofficial Amex policy was that the extended warranty coverage applied as long as some Amex card was continuously open.
Old Nov 23, 2019, 3:53 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
It's a claims service which is simply paid by Chase. I would not rely on anything a Chase phone agent said, but would carefully review the terms (not the little blurb) and determine whether the account must be active for the coverage to continue.

Would seem odd if it did, but always worth looking.
Old Nov 25, 2019, 9:52 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by mia
If you close the card account used to make the purchase, there is no coverage,

""""The benefit described in this Guide to Benefit will not apply to Cardholders whose Accounts have been suspended or canceled."""
Old Mar 26, 2020, 2:55 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Starwood Platinum, AA, SW, Delta
I bought a new tv on ebay and paid half of my purchase with chase ink and i am not sure if i get extended warranty. it said "Carge at least a portion of an eligible item to your valid Chase credit card" So does that mean even if i did a partial payment using chase ink i would still get the extra year warranty
Old Mar 26, 2020, 11:23 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by happyvoid
I bought a new tv on ebay and paid half of my purchase with chase ink and i am not sure if i get extended warranty. it said "Carge at least a portion of an eligible item to your valid Chase credit card" So does that mean even if i did a partial payment using chase ink i would still get the extra year warranty
Seems like a "yes" to me!
Old Jan 17, 2022, 12:29 am
LAX

Programs: OZ Diamond
Does anyone know which of Chase's cards still have extended warranty protection? TIA.

LAX
Old Jul 29, 2022, 8:38 pm

Programs: HHonors Gold, IHG Platinum, Marriott nobody
Does Chase extended warranty requires a repair estimate before they would approve a claim?

I have a laser printer that broke. I submitted a claim via Cardbenefitservices.com, but it asked for a few documents. I have the original receipt, the credit card statement, I searched online and find the manufactuers' limited warranty. But I don't have a repair estimate. That printer is very heavy. I don't want to have to drive it to a shop to just have a repair estimate if that is at all possible. I wouldn't mind if it is something light like an Iphone or a laptop, but this printer is heavy.

Anyone with experience about whether Chase will insist on getting a repair estimate? Thanks.
Old Jul 30, 2022, 5:07 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by EdofFX
Does Chase extended warranty requires a repair estimate before they would approve a claim?

I have a laser printer that broke. I submitted a claim via Cardbenefitservices.com, but it asked for a few documents. I have the original receipt, the credit card statement, I searched online and find the manufactuers' limited warranty. But I don't have a repair estimate. That printer is very heavy. I don't want to have to drive it to a shop to just have a repair estimate if that is at all possible. I wouldn't mind if it is something light like an Iphone or a laptop, but this printer is heavy.

Anyone with experience about whether Chase will insist on getting a repair estimate? Thanks.
Unfortunately when dealing with these people you don't have a choice. It's really not Chase, but a third party insurance company. They will deny your claim without the estimate. Right now I'm dealing with an issue with them and they insist on me showing a receipt for a replacement for an item I filed a claim for because it broke. I don't want a replacement because all of defective, but they say if it's under $250 for the claim you have to have one. This isn't even written in any terms, just what they want. Worst company to deal with imo. Amex claims are so easy compared to these folks.
Old Jul 30, 2022, 6:12 am

Programs: HHonors Gold, IHG Platinum, Marriott nobody
Thanks. That is discouraging if that is what they do. I remember seeing the name Asurion as I was going through the claim process.

I had filed claims with AMEX warranty before, and they were very nice and super easy to deal with. But those were for light weight items from Apple, so it was easy to get a repair estimate from the Genius Bar.

So far, it has been two days and I have not heard anything back from them. May be next time I will buy big ticket items only with AMEX.
Old Jul 30, 2022, 7:08 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by EdofFX
May be next time I will buy big ticket items only with AMEX.
That's what I've been doing.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.