Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums >
Reload this Page >

Miles&Points

Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs

Chase | Ultimate Rewards

Chase Sapphire Reserve Baggage Delay Insurance

Chase Sapphire Reserve Baggage Delay Insurance

Old May 13, 22, 2:40 pm
  #31  
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: PDX
Programs: Don't think it matters...
Posts: 5,185
Originally Posted by dlichterman View Post
Should be covered
https://creditcards.chase.com/reward...hire/preferred
Baggage Delay Insurance
Reimburses you for essential purchases like toiletries and clothing for baggage delays over 6 hours by passenger carrier up to $100 a day for 5 days.

As long as you used your card or UR points, it should be covered.
Originally Posted by mia View Post
Note that you must also file a claim with the airline for your expenses:



https://www.chasebenefits.com/sapphirepreferred (start at page 6)
Thanks for the response.
It was completely paid using UR thru the Chase travel portal and the linked card was a CIP. Guess that does not make a difference as its in the Sapphire family too?
abhilife2001 is offline  
Old May 13, 22, 2:51 pm
  #32  
mia
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend; Moderator: American Express, Capital One, Citi, Chase, Credit Card Programs, Diners Club, Signatures
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Miami, Mpls & London
Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Posts: 45,946
INK Preferred benefits guide is here: https://static.chasecdn.com/content/...0Biz%20Sig.pdf

The language is similar, but not identical:

What is a Common Carrier Covered Trip?
• It’s travel on a Common Carrier (see definitions section) when
some portion of the fare for transportation has been charged
to your Account issued by Chase Bank USA, N.A. and/or
its affiliates.

It’s also travel on a Common Carrier when free flights have been
awarded from frequent flier or Rewards programs, provided
that all of the miles or Rewards points were accumulated from
a Rewards program sponsored by Chase Bank USA, N.A. and/or
its affiliates.
The Baggage Delay benefit amount is in excess of any travel
insurance purchased by the Insured Person for the same Covered
Trip or indemnity or reimbursement from the airline, cruise line,
railroad, station authority, or occupancy provider available to you
or other Insured Persons
mia is online now  
Old May 20, 22, 2:01 pm
  #33  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: 10 minutes from the largest mall in the usa
Programs: aa/ua gold; mar titanium. SPG till I die.
Posts: 15,635
Originally Posted by bobert24 View Post
I submitted a claim on 5/15. I'll report back when it finally goes through.

I hope they get this backlog cleared up soon. There are probably people for whom being out of pocket this amount (especially for families/groups, where it could be in the thousands) for 3 months could be a real financial problem.
I still have one from around Jan 15 still open. Granted it was for $100 so I'm not losing a lot of sleep (delayed bag due to PHL meltdown) but it can be a massive inconvenience for many others.
civicmon is offline  
Old May 20, 22, 4:10 pm
  #34  
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: MSP
Posts: 314
Originally Posted by civicmon View Post
I still have one from around Jan 15 still open. Granted it was for $100 so I'm not losing a lot of sleep (delayed bag due to PHL meltdown) but it can be a massive inconvenience for many others.
Did the airline not provide compensation for the delayed bag?

My understanding is they will only pay out for covered expenses for which the airline denies payment, and you have to submit your airline claim paperwork when you make the claim through eclaimsline. Since most airlines will reimburse reasonable expenses, its almost impossible to hit a threshold to where the luggage coverage through Federal Insurance Co would ever come into effect.
SpaethCo is offline  
Old May 23, 22, 11:42 am
  #35  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: 10 minutes from the largest mall in the usa
Programs: aa/ua gold; mar titanium. SPG till I die.
Posts: 15,635
Originally Posted by SpaethCo View Post
Did the airline not provide compensation for the delayed bag?

My understanding is they will only pay out for covered expenses for which the airline denies payment, and you have to submit your airline claim paperwork when you make the claim through eclaimsline. Since most airlines will reimburse reasonable expenses, its almost impossible to hit a threshold to where the luggage coverage through Federal Insurance Co would ever come into effect.
Airline did not pay, but in total fairness I did not put up a fight with them. FWIW... the claim was approved this past Friday.
civicmon is offline  
Old Jul 8, 22, 6:53 pm
  #36  
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Programs: UA 1K; Marriott LT Titanium; Hyatt Globalist
Posts: 665
Can't seem to find the answer.

If both myself and my wife are traveling together and both our bags are delayed >6 hours, do each of us get $100 benefit (aka $200 per day), or is it just $100 per day?
I get confused by the "Who's Covered" which lists the Cardholder and Cardholder Spouse but I'm not sure what applies when both are traveling together
awu25 is offline  
Old Jul 9, 22, 10:33 am
  #37  
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Posts: 2,447
Originally Posted by awu25 View Post
Can't seem to find the answer.

If both myself and my wife are traveling together and both our bags are delayed >6 hours, do each of us get $100 benefit (aka $200 per day), or is it just $100 per day?
I get confused by the "Who's Covered" which lists the Cardholder and Cardholder Spouse but I'm not sure what applies when both are traveling together
Yes, you are both covered travellers so you should both get $100, for a total of $200 per day. You can submit one combined claim.
threeoh is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread