Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Plastic replacement for metal cards - do both still work?

Plastic replacement for metal cards - do both still work?

Old Aug 10, 2019, 12:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Scattered Smothered Covered Medallion, Some hotel & car stuff, Kroger Plus Card
Originally Posted by jasonvr
So here's some fun. My card is expiring next month. My new card arrived in the mail this week. It's a plastic, contactless card.... I didn't even ask (though I had asked for a plastic extra card way back when I got the CSR because I had issues renting a car in South Africa with my old CSP due to the non-raised numbers and the rental agency refusing the card).
More evidence that once a card is marked for plastic, all subsequent ones will be plastic.

I added my wife as an AU on my CSR account and her card also arrived in plastic.
Old Aug 12, 2019, 4:18 am

Originally Posted by jasonvr
So here's some fun. My card is expiring next month. My new card arrived in the mail this week. It's a plastic, contactless card.... I didn't even ask (though I had asked for a plastic extra card way back when I got the CSR because I had issues renting a car in South Africa with my old CSP due to the non-raised numbers and the rental agency refusing the card).
That sounds right... if the last card they mailed you (i.e. before this replacement for the expiring one) was plastic, all future cards should be plastic unless you call and ask for a metal one.
Old Aug 21, 2019, 10:18 pm

Programs: UA LT Gold (BIS), AA LT Plat (CC SUBs & BD), Hilton Dia (CC), Hyatt Glob (BIB), et. al.
Originally Posted by Rare
Just wondering if you were able to get a plastic card recently, as gooselee did last year? I am in the same situation now. Just got my replacement card, which of course is metal. I requested a plastic card via secure message and was told in reply that "Chase Sapphire Reserve are metal engraved card. The option for a plastic card is unavailable." What are the magic words I need to say in order to get one?
Took 3 different calls, each 2-3 days apart, to get a plastic card. First 2 calls, despite mentioning escalate, no success. Third call, I didnt say escalate, rep said it has to be escalated, plastic card received about 7-10 days later. The plastic card is an account duplicate of the metal card, same account number, same expiration date, same 3 digit security code, both cards work.
gooselee likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.