Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Chase Sapphire Reserve (CSR) 2017-2019, archived

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 10, 2017, 9:46 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: StartinSanDiego
This thread is now archived. The 2020 version is here: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase-ultimate-rewards/1997467-sapphire-reserve-higher-annual-fee-550-lyft-doordash-benefits.html
It was a continuation of THIS discussion.

Use this thread to discuss the Sapphire Reserve card offer. There are separate threads to discuss:

$300 Travel Credit
Priority Pass
Concierge Service
Travel Insurance
Global Entry/TSA PreCheck reimbursement.

This card is subject to Chase's 5/24 policy. For information on (and discussion of) the policy, see Applying for Chase Credit Cards, 2017 onward. You can override 5/24 by having an in-branch pre-approval (only! online prequalification does NOT override 5/24), or by already being Chase Private Client (as in you see the "Chase Private Client" text on the login screen of the Chase mobile app.)

As of August 2018, all Chase Sapphire cards are (with limited exceptions) subject to an additional restriction:
The product is not available to either (i) current cardmembers of any Sapphire credit card, or (ii) previous cardmembers of any Sapphire credit card who received a new cardmember bonus within the last 48 months.
See Sapphire (CSR & CSP) 48 months between bonuses, August 2018 for details and ongoing discussion.

Landing page with bonus offer (50,000 UR after spending $4,000 in 90 days):

https://creditcards.chase.com/credit...04&IS2F=Y71UH0

Application page: https://applynow.chase.com/FlexAppWe...304&PROMO=DF01

100,000 UR points is worth $1,000 as statement credit, $1,500 when used for travel through the Chase portal, or potentially more if transferred to a partner.

Card features are here: https://www.chase.com/card-benefits/...reserve/travel. The card's Priority Pass includes unlimited guests. (verified in Post #2635 ; also verified by Chase)

Chase Sapphire Reserve Ultimate Rewards Program Agreement
https://chaseonline.chase.com/resources/RPA0511_Web.pdf

Chase Sapphire Reserve Guide to Benefits
https://www.chasebenefits.com/sapphirereserve

The card is made of the same material as the CSP, and is being shipped UPS Next Day Air.

How to determine your account number, expiration date, and shipping date before receiving the card
(** Note that this no longer seems to work checking on 5/18 - the account number in the secure message header is XXXXXX'd out except for last 4 digits)
(** Also I do not see any recent comments 5/18 on timely shipping or shipping method)

1. Send a secure message (SM) from the account. A common SM would be to ask about the sign-up bonus and last day to complete the spend requirement (which appears to be approximately 3.5 months from the date of approval).
2. Check the Sent Messages folder, and the full account number will be listed in the header of the message that you just sent. The number starts with 414720.
3. The expiration date is five years from the month of approval. So, if you were approved on August 31, 2016, your expiration date will be August 2021.
4. CVV2 number is not available, so if a merchant requires it for payment, you must wait for the physical card.
5. According to many reports, the card is not activated until it is shipped, which happens to be via UPS Next Day Air Saver (if shipped on Friday, you will not receive the card until Monday or the next business day). To find out when it is shipped, go to My UPS and sign up for a free account. You'll be notified when a shipment is destined for your address.
6. Contrary to what the customer service rep may tell you about the delivery of the card—such as the card will take 1-2 weeks or that expedited shipping is not available—the card is actually expedited and shipped via express shipping, as mentioned in #5. There is no need to ask for expedited shipping.

Priority Pass Select
Click HERE to read the separate thread discussing this benefit.
As soon as the account shows up online:
1. Click on Go To Ultimate Rewards.
2. Scroll down to the very bottom left and click on "Card Benefits"
3. Activate Membership to request card.
4. Card will take 1-2 weeks and can't be expedited, but members have reported success in charging the lounge access to the card and requesting a refund from Customer Service.
5. PP cards will be issued for the account holder and any AU(s)
6. According to Chase, CSR's PP membership includes guest access.

Duplicate Card
1. If you receive the plastic card, wait for the metal card to arrive automatically.
2. If you receive the metal card, send SM or call to request plastic card (for use with overseas merchants that require a card imprint, because you hate metal cards, whatever).
3. DO NOT request a replacement card (especially under any pretense that the card was lost or misplaced).
4. Both cards will have the same number, expiration and CVV. Both cards will work.
5. It appears that all CSR cards are sent overnight once produced, including the plastic 'replacement' cards. No need to request expedited shipping.

How to get bonus points on the first statement
Act very quickly; you may have less than a week. It depends on the timing of your first statement and when you receive the card. 4K in spending has to clear (not pending) about a week before the statement cuts in order to get the bonus points on that statement. Under "account details" you can see your first payment due date. Your closing date is usually three calendar days after your due date. For instance, if your very first bill is due October 20 that statement would close on September 23, and spending would have to clear by approximately September 16 in order to get the bonus points.
Print Wikipost

Chase Sapphire Reserve (CSR) 2017-2019, archived

Search this Thread

Old Aug 30, 2018, 1:36 pm

Programs: AAdvantage 2MM+ Lifetime PLT; BA, CO, UA, US; SPG; HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by RNE
As you read in prior responses, there is much uncertainty with Chase of late. The bank makes policy changes without prior notice and makes exceptions just as capriciously. Good luck and let us know how it goes.

That's Chase's intent.

Many of us still get substantial value from our cards. Chase knows this and is playing hardball.

Spite isn't a good credit card strategy. Just saying.
Chase is trying to become the Delta of credit card issues. #SkyBolivars
lax01 likes this.
Old Aug 31, 2018, 6:22 pm

Originally Posted by sheldor
It is not yet showing up in Ultimate Rewards dashboard. Hopefully, I get it by the time my next statement closes.
I've seen another data point very similar to yours. Hopefully this is a timing issue as opposed to Chase starting to fight back against the double-dip.

Last edited by pallhedge; Aug 31, 2018 at 6:34 pm Reason: clarification
Old Sep 2, 2018, 9:08 pm

Programs: UA Silver, MR Ambassador, HH Gold
Originally Posted by vbnet
Sorry I thought I read another post (can't find it now) that someone got both, met spend on the first in a month received their bonus. Finished spend for the 2nd card and hasn't gotten their points. Looking for it now.

ahh, it's the post from Sheldor discussed in the last several posts. So it seems there hasn't really been a proven data point that you won't make 2 bonuses if you double dip, it's just everyone is getting jumpy regarding Chase right now. Thanks Mia.
Right now I am another data point. Wife double dipped in July. She met both spends in August. Bonus for CSR posted at statement. Bonus for CSP didn't post. It also doesn't show posting next month. She had about $4800 spend on that card. She did just get an authorized user setup and the 5k points from that show as pending. Guess we will just have to see if she ends up with the CSP bonus.
RNE likes this.
Old Sep 3, 2018, 7:07 am

Originally Posted by uibd
Right now I am another data point. Wife double dipped in July. She met both spends in August. Bonus for CSR posted at statement. Bonus for CSP didn't post. It also doesn't show posting next month. She had about $4800 spend on that card. She did just get an authorized user setup and the 5k points from that show as pending. Guess we will just have to see if she ends up with the CSP bonus.
I appreciate you posting and please update when your statement closes. I'm scheduled to apply for csp or csr mid to late sept and would like to know if it's worth trying the double dip!
Old Sep 3, 2018, 11:04 am

I appreciate you posting and please update when your statement closes. I'm scheduled to apply for csp or csr mid to late sept and would like to know if it's worth trying the double dip!
Even with the 48 month language?
Old Sep 3, 2018, 1:31 pm

Originally Posted by lax01
Even with the 48 month language?
yes, it will be my first. I have to manage the spend, I'm not a heavier ms'r, thus it would really stink to get both then not get the 2nd bonus.
Old Sep 4, 2018, 8:38 pm

yes, it will be my first. I have to manage the spend, I'm not a heavier ms'r, thus it would really stink to get both then not get the 2nd bonus.
Hope you have the CIP - that has a better sign-up bonus
vbnet likes this.
Old Sep 4, 2018, 9:38 pm

My CSR's AF just posted; if I were to PC now to CFU, will they remove the AF from my current statement? The AF posted on 09/01/2018. Thank you in advance!
SuperKirby likes this.
Old Sep 4, 2018, 10:39 pm

Well aware...have moved away from Chase anyway to build MR...don't see the value in another $450 expense for a card I'm barely using...
i feel most of us sees this as a $150 AF card, unless you hardly travel at all.
wolfie52 likes this.
Old Sep 5, 2018, 6:06 am

Originally Posted by soojin
My CSR's AF just posted; if I were to PC now to CFU, will they remove the AF from my current statement? The AF posted on 09/01/2018. Thank you in advance!
Yes. You have at least 40 days to PC for a full refund.
SuperKirby likes this.
Old Sep 5, 2018, 6:57 pm

Originally Posted by SuperKirby

i feel most of us sees this as a $150 AF card, unless you hardly travel at all.
Would be a lot nicer if I didn't have to wait for December to get the $300 credit...need to book airfare now for January.

Alas, I'm not trying to accrue Chase UR at this point (since playing 2P and transferring any referral bonuses to her) and I just don't see the value of the CSR over the Amex Plat - especially with the new 48 month language.

I'll be downgrading after I pay my bill...annoying that you have to call though
SuperKirby likes this.
Old Sep 5, 2018, 6:59 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
.... just don't see the value of the CSR over the Amex Plat - especially with the new 48 month language.....
I don't see how this policy changes the value of a card that you already hold.
SuperKirby likes this.
Old Sep 5, 2018, 7:17 pm

Originally Posted by mia
I don't see how this policy changes the value of a card that you already hold.
Its an additional $450 out right now...for a card I'm barely using anymore (I have literally 0 Chase UR right now due to booking trips)

Sure, I could renew, get the $300 credit in December and then downgrade and recover some of the AF...but I'm sort of getting tired of the churning games...

Unless that's not what you meant...
SuperKirby likes this.
Old Sep 5, 2018, 8:31 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Its an additional $450 out right now...
I don't see how the change from 24 to 48 months enters into your analysis.
Old Sep 5, 2018, 11:51 pm

Originally Posted by mia
I don't see how the change from 24 to 48 months enters into your analysis.
Purely emotional at this point... I wanted to churn the card and get the sign-up bonus again...
RNE likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.